The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you agree with the upcoming February Templar balancing?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
Aedric Spear
Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): Increased the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 6 seconds, causing it to tick damage an additional 2 times; however, it no longer stuns the enemy when it first hits them.
Spear Shards: Decreased the time it takes for the spear from this ability and its morphs to land after being cast at the target location to 750 milliseconds from 1100 milliseconds.
Dawn’s Wrath
Backlash: This ability and its morphs now deal moderate damage when they are initially applied to the enemy. This damage does not contribute to the copied damage delivered at the end of the ability’s duration.
Eclipse:
This ability and the Total Dark morph can now be placed on an unlimited amount of targets.
This ability and its morphs will now deal their Area of Effect damage even if the target dies.
Power of the Light (Backlash morph): Fixed an issue where this morph’s damage was being mitigated on the target’s Spell Resistance instead of their Physical Resistance.
Radiant Destruction: Decreased the damage from this ability and its morphs by approximately 21%.
Restoring Light
Healing Ritual: This ability and its morphs no longer heal the casting Templar for an additional 30%.
Lingering Ritual (Healing Ritual morph):
Renamed this morph to Hasty Prayer.
This morph no longer applies a small burst of healing after 8 seconds. Instead, it allows you to move and cast the ability at full speed.
Radiant Aura (Restoring Aura morph): This morph now increases the radius of the Minor Magickasteal to 25/26/27/28 meters.
Restoring Aura: Redesigned this ability and the Radiant Aura morph so they continue to grant the Minor Recovery buffs (Fortitude, Endurance, and Intellect) while slotted. Activating this ability also now applies Minor Magickalsteal to all enemies in a 12 meter radius around you.
Ritual of Rebirth (Healing Ritual morph): This morph no longer decreases the cast time of the ability by .2 seconds. Instead, it now fires an additional single-target heal after the cast is complete to one ally outside the ability’s normal radius.
Edited by akl77 on January 21, 2017 10:08PM
Pc na

Do you agree with the upcoming February Templar balancing? 188 votes

Yes
34%
IcyDeadPeopleGilvothItsMeTooDeadlyReclusearasysb14_ESOhedna123b14_ESOitsfatbasscavakthestampedeThe_SpAwNSaturnthomas1970b16_ESOSimen.askeland89b16_ESOGilbert_Gaucirwb17_ESOhenrycupcakerwb17_ESORev RielleSanTii.92AhPook_Is_Herekongkimtplink3r1Bluepitbull13 64 votes
No
55%
nexxus_ESOMoloch1514Esquire1980g_ESORiptideUriel_Nocturneavelopolcakb14a_ESOMojmirjimshrum3b14_ESOCallunalehranpjwb16_ESOdaniel.13b16_ESOBirdovicGigasaxDaraughmagnusthorekjbjondeaueb17_ESOmertustaUntrustedExistenzLizzrdd 104 votes
Other
10%
jedtb16_ESOdennissomb16_ESOidkAzuraKinSarevoccWldKardeP3ZZL3Easily_LostAkrasjelRosenrotWolfSoafeeCadburyRohamad_AliSiliziumdioxidKneighborsEnslavedessi2LyserusSovasomaltinkilic 20 votes
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot piercing javelin will have a projectile increase, you forgot the physical dps morph of radial. You also might want to read the patch notes backlash got more changes to.
    Edited by DragonBound on January 21, 2017 10:25PM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Why remove the knockback from spear? It was the only thing useful about it and allowed me to help someone from across the room by knocking mobs away from them.

"Blazing" spear should add fire damage and keep the knockback...extra ticks are useless
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    it will happen.

i will play my magplar and adjust to the new situation.

things change..... get over it.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I disagree with the balancing, they simply make Templar more useless other than healer.
    So what sort of balancing is it??
    Pc na
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    No
    These changes are going to cause half of Templars to go find another class to play, I'm willing to bet. Because, it's not just the horrible nerfing that's happening; it's also the time and money spent on gear that accentuates the skills, that will have been thrown away.

Nerfing Radiant Destruction by 21% ?????
    After having ALREADY nerfed it twice in 2016....?
    After it's currently and basically useless against anything that's over 40% HP?

Are you serious...

These changes are disgusting, and I'm already leveling a new DK.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm not sure and that's why I started playing one before the update to learn . One thing I don't agree with is taking away a class CC that has always been there ... I don't need to test to see that is unfair .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on January 21, 2017 10:50PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    Why remove the knockback from spear? It was the only thing useful about it and allowed me to help someone from across the room by knocking mobs away from them.

"Blazing" spear should add fire damage and keep the knockback...extra ticks are useless

I think you are getting abilities mixed up. It's not losing KB. That is javelin that does that. Blazing spear is losing its stun
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    if your a templar you should not be able to kill people in pvp unless they are extremely low level to you.
    your a healer not a damage dealer.
    i have never seen nor played any mmo where the healers can go around killing people and healing themselves completely out of death even in huge groups attacking them they become even more tank and more healing.

fact is:
    templars should not be able to kill other players in pvp.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** poll. Doesn't even include all the changes. Seems like someone just read the 2.7.0 notes and then called it quits. Next time read more and write less.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    technohic wrote: »

I think you are getting abilities mixed up. It's not losing KB. That is javelin that does that. Blazing spear is losing its stun

Ha you're right, for a moment there I thought they were messing with my javelin.
  • cynic
    cynic
    ✭✭
    No
    fact is:

Oh dear, biggest misconception I have read here so far and goes against everything that makes ESO... ESO.
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

fact is:

By that logic no other class should be allowed to heal either lol. Your version of ESO would blow.
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Actually there are some nice things, but most people only see 21% out there.

Radiant aura, I never saw anyone besides me using it's second morph which gives huge bonus to you group. Most use I see is spaming repentance in the end of every battle. YEAH WE NEED THAT STAMINA FAST NOW, it won't regenerate by itself before we meet next group! Ok, there are bosses which you can really help with repentance like Grobul, but it's maybe 5 bosses at max in dungeons+trials, for all the others Radiant Aura will give you a huge passive benefit. But ofcourse there's no visualisation to it, pure math.

Backslash with its morph, why nobody using it? It's huge skill if you understand how to use it.

Total Dark (Eclipse) probably will get a slot on my bar.

Overall it's really nice improvement if you like to play templar as support class, tank or healer. It's a total nerf if you only like to spam puncturing stikes and radiant destruction (and repentance at the end of a battle). Game totally nerfed for you and I'm really happy about it.

I can't wait to get my Ice Staff Templar tank whacking. This is going to be really powerful build if they make everything right with Ice Staff.

And yea, I also don't like 21% nerf. This is way too much. I'd agree to 10% at max.
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    No
    IMO they got the radiant nerf and the Destro ulti nerf the wrong way around - should have been 10% on radiant and 21% on the Destro ulti.

Removing the stun makes no sense.

There's going to be bubble spamming everywhere.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    IMHO: This patch is just another step in trying to convince players it is necessary to:

1. The nerfs are just a part of the plan they have for the game.
    2. Housing is way of selling more subscriptions. Since no additional more bank space creates a higher need for crafting bag.
    3. The furniture gind its going to be long and arduous due to the 1100 different crafting furniture that will be in the RNG pool.
    4. The RNG will for crafting "plans" will be horrible. But, you can just buy the items in the crown store.
    5. Have a subscription, will give you crowns to spend in the Crown store.

And finally - Grouping will over time become the only way to get better Armour and Weapons, as crafted Armour and Weapons are not seen to be as good as drops. The nerfs will keep coming to make it more difficult for single players to beat the bosses to get the drops.
    Edited by majulook on January 22, 2017 2:40AM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    majulook wrote: »
    IMHO: This patch is just another step in trying to convince players it is necessary to:

2. Housing is way of selling more subscriptions. Since no additional more bank space creates a higher need for crafting bag.
    3. The furniture gind its going to be long and arduous due to the 1100 different crafting furniture that will be in the RNG pool.
    4. The RNG will for crafting "plans" will be horrible. But, you can just buy the items in the crown store.

And finally - Grouping will over time become the only way to get better Armour and Weapons, as crafted Armour and Weapons are not seen to be as good as drops. The nerfs will keep coming to make it more difficult for single players to beat the bosses to get the drops.

No, the game must transform to fungal groto 1 level of dificculty, so anyone reaching cp200 will be able to solo it.

Btw, the hardest content, vMA is solo and gives best drops in game.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that gives enemy Templars a hard time is fine by me. :naughty:

But for real, I'm finally leveling my Templar healer. If I need to relearn a couple of things or adapt to some changes, that's cool.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    My healer slots very few offensive skills within her precious quota of 10 slots. Blazing Spear is among them. To make the cut into her very support oriented skill selections (heck, she runs dual resto staves) an offensive skill must have a lot going for it and this one does - absolutely none of which is overpowered. It can be used at any range, it stuns just long enough to toss a heal to a struggling ally or drop a curse onto the victim's head. It gives my healer just a moment to change gears from support to defending herself if attacked. It offers a nice synergy to allies. It provides some AoE + DoT. Yes it does all these wonderful things but no one in their right mind would ever call the spell overpowered. Any nerf to this skill is completely absurd.

Jesus Beam and Breath of Life are also wonderful / slot-worthy skills but my healer only uses them under the certain circumstances for which they excel (boss executes and OMG burst healing). Blazing Spear, on the other hand, is a bread and butter part of her rotation. If she is in combat, whether as healer or solo, she pops out that spear about every six seconds. Increasing the DoT to 8 seconds only benefits those limited times when your tank has a boss perma-pinned down. The rest of the time, the extra 2 seconds is worthless with foes running all over. That momentary stun is ever so much more valuable - isn't the fact that you can't stun bosses nerf enough? Gee.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 22, 2017 3:52AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I main a Stamplar, am I happy with the outlook???

NO!

But as with every other patch I will learn to adapt, and move on.

I have PLENTY of other characters that I can play....but I will not abandon the one I have chosen to main....

Just because it "might" not be the BEST....

I'll figure out how to make it work...

I do love a challenge after all ;)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

How do you know all this?
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't understand why it is so bad. If all races are being nurfed , eventually, then they all be equal.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's starting to be apparent that zos has no intention of changing any of these absurd Templar nerfs! So many people have suggested different ideas and they are not listening! They could have simply lowered the range and changed the execute from 50% to 20% to RD! And to take the stun away from blazing is silly!
    Edited by BuddyAces on January 22, 2017 8:12AM
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    fact is:

???? What about PvE ??? Nerfing this takes away the only real damage we have. How are we going to defend ourselves? Heals only go so far .....
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

The same that happened to wrecking blow will now happen to the spear no doubt.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I main Sorc, but I play every class. I'm bracing myself for my two Templars to be a lot less fun.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Kendo12
    Kendo12
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I dont know whats wrong with ZOS, they like driving people away from their game
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    if your a templar you should not be able to kill people in pvp unless they are extremely low level to you.
    your a healer not a damage dealer.
    i have never seen nor played any mmo where the healers can go around killing people and healing themselves completely out of death even in huge groups attacking them they become even more tank and more healing.

fact is:

There are no healers in this game. Any class can play any role.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    ill wait and see how it works on live before i make a decision.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I main Sorc, but I play every class. I'm bracing myself for my two Templars to be a lot less fun.

Lucky for you, sorc just became the strongest PvE DPS class.

I don't know why ZOS can't properly balance classes.

Until this patch, templar was the strongest DPS class in the game, by a mile. Now it'll be sorc. Who knows what the *** the next patch will bring.

Why not try to make several classes viable?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 22, 2017 9:25AM