The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I got master angler on 12 characters.

• Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are better then I.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    @MyNameIsElias

Thanks for the reply - I'm on my way to this title but have been pvping lots recently so was concerned something had changed as a previous post by Tandor confused me - thought he was saying that the different types of blue fish can appear in any water - but having re-read the posts think I misunderstood. :#

Good luck to you, it can take a really long time but it can be a good time with friends :)
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have inspired me to finish getting master angler on my main
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Congratulations! That is very impressive.

Now, one think I have to say, is that getting rare fish is MUCH easier if you are fishing with two other people. That is particularly useful in dangerous areas like Cyrodiil.

Indeed it is better rng with multiple people, for cyrodiil there is actually a trick you can use. If you go into sneak and throw the bobber into the water while going into sneak, you will stay hidden until you reel in. You can see alot of that in the video.

Yeah, I've used that trick in IC.

If you have non-AD characters (sorry, I didn't watch the video), did you manage to swim to the Bravil side to get the Ocean Fish in Cyrodiil?
    The Moot Councillor
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, one think I have to say, is that getting rare fish is MUCH easier if you are fishing with two other people. That is particularly useful in dangerous areas like Cyrodiil.

Indeed it is better rng with multiple people, for cyrodiil there is actually a trick you can use. If you go into sneak and throw the bobber into the water while going into sneak, you will stay hidden until you reel in. You can see alot of that in the video.

Yeah, I've used that trick in IC.

If you have non-AD characters (sorry, I didn't watch the video), did you manage to swim to the Bravil side to get the Ocean Fish in Cyrodiil?

All 12 of my characters are pact, and yeah i did go to Bravil and use those fishing holes. What i do to easily get there is use rapid maneuver while mounted and jump as far as possible with my horse and then swim the rest of the distance. I usually make it there with around 40% hp or so
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew a guy that had it on two toons and thought he was batshit crazy. haha. Well done, sir.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on January 20, 2017 9:09PM
  • AriokoSan
    AriokoSan
    ✭✭✭
    My dad used to be my hero......you are now :)
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible. Nice way to make money too :)
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    I just started my master angler journey on PS4 so wish me luck!

Im doing it on PS4 and am yet to try the fish-eye food. What exactly does it do?

*BTW anyone doing it on ps4 use headphones and do something else - read, watch videos, study etc
    You will hear a tugging noise and eventually you'll just know when to reel in.
    Also make sure you have auto loot on so when running between spots you can loot mats way easier

Sorry if thats the obvious but this isnt my field on eso haha

All it does is tell you the water type. No need for noise or vibration the tip of the rod is a sure indicator, it will Bob when nothing is happening then or nose dives. Neat little trick while other are fishing.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite some time ago I did some fishing with a random enemy player in Imperial City like that. I was sneaking around and noticed that I could see a fishing line going into the fishing hole, but I couldn't see a person there. So I stealthily approached and cast my own line, while preparing to possibly be attacked by him. We sat there fishing until the hole was used up, only seeing each other briefly each time we reeled in & cast our lines. Somehow it was great fun.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible. Nice way to make money too :)

Yup, i dont have any exact numbers but i made a few millions from this, which i will spend all at once when housing comes out haha
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caught like 350+ fish without a Roe and was like "F' this".
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Well done!

But just want to clarify on something said upthread. Does water type and/or bait not make a difference any more? Can you catch blue fish anywhere? Or have I misunderstood.

I think i missunderstood the question at first. The type of bait you use does matter for different water types. For example, to catch ocean fish you need worms or chub, and for lake you need guts or minnow. I'd recomend this guide by @MissBizz , a really great tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxsk_1kH7I8

http://deltiasgaming.com/2015/04/27/eso-fishing-guide/

another good fishing guide written by a friend of mine.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So about that what.. 1.2% roe drop rate.... that's appalling.

Kudos though. I have 1 zone left....Ebonheart Cyro and I've done it..needless I cannot even get 5 mins there without being ganked at any hour of the day.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kudos though. I have 1 zone left....Ebonheart Cyro and I've done it..needless I cannot even get 5 mins there without being ganked at any hour of the day.

I never actually got ganked while fishing in cyrodiil, i would see players run past in the distance on their way to keeps or battle locations, but i always stayed out of the way and i often just go to campaigns where my alliance has most of the keeps.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Quite some time ago I did some fishing with a random enemy player in Imperial City like that. I was sneaking around and noticed that I could see a fishing line going into the fishing hole, but I couldn't see a person there. So I stealthily approached and cast my own line, while preparing to possibly be attacked by him. We sat there fishing until the hole was used up, only seeing each other briefly each time we reeled in & cast our lines. Somehow it was great fun.

One of my old guilds used to do fishing tournaments in Cyro. Basically we would split into 2 or 3 groups and see how many fish we could catch in an hour. We would do it in areas that were generally under a reasonable amount of fire. It was great fun, definitely the most fun I ever had fishing. It got real amusing when we would pick up people in Zone Chat LFG. They would come over the hill to find the crown and 30 other people huddled around a fishing hole.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on January 20, 2017 9:54PM
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nefas wrote: »
    I'm your biggest fan.
    hqdefault.jpg
    Is this you?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz!! 12 characters?! Man I don't have the time. :p
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg. you are crazy.
    i once tried it, finished cyrodil, and gave up in the next zone after i spend 400 baits on the last blue fish.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    omg. you are crazy.
    i once tried it, finished cyrodil, and gave up in the next zone after i spend 400 baits on the last blue fish.

Which zone was it? Some zones were in general "nicer" to me then others, if that makes any sense heh. My worst zone by far was cyrodiil, and the "nicest" in terms of completion time was always stormhaven.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I never actually got ganked while fishing in cyrodiil, i would see players run past in the distance on their way to keeps or battle locations, but i always stayed out of the way and i often just go to campaigns where my alliance has most of the keeps.

On console trust me. No matter what campaign there is always 2 people at any spot in pact land just waiting to gank and tbag you. I may have to hire mercenaries to come protect me whilst I fish. Wonder how much that would cost?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think of all the real fishin you couldve done in that time
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think of all the real fishin you couldve done in that time

Funny enough, i hate seafood in real life :persevere:
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg. you are crazy.

Which zone was it? Some zones were in general "nicer" to me then others, if that makes any sense heh. My worst zone by far was cyrodiil, and the "nicest" in terms of completion time was always stormhaven.

was stromhaven. i think it was the ocean fish^^
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumpin' Jimminy! Are you independently wealthy or something? When did you find the time for this?
    omg. you are crazy.

was stromhaven. i think it was the ocean fish^^

Oh man, that one green ocean fish that has its rarity swapped with the blue took me a couple of days. Ugh.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing should be like stardew valley, skill increases as your fishing level increases. You also get different fish lengths when caught. You also get different fish from type of weather to time of day and seasons. It's also a challenge to caught fish, not like ESO you can close your eyes and fish.
    Pc na
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should get a special title...master baiter :cookie:
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much respect
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I never got ganked fishing in Cyrodiil or IC - used the stealth fishing technique (though not 100%, still better than just standing there). I did get killed once or twice while moving from water to water in IC, but got some kills, too.

Awesome on your achievement!