The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I got master angler on 12 characters.

• NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayum, I'm trying for this one 1 character and I get bored after like 1 fish.

I cannot imagine how you managed it on all 12 characters.

Gratz, the patience you must have is incredible.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your a machine. I couldn't even grind 5 pieces of burning spell weeve before wanting to smash something
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, well done. I don't even have it on one character.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Holy *** man, respect !!! really. I hope you dont get comments like "get a life" etc like every casual gamers say to people who do something more then them. Well done!

Thank you :) We fished together a bit in Ailikr for the lake fish some days ago too if i remember right!

Yes thats correct :)
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why though? Not trying to downplay this tremendous achievement, but what is the point? You don't really get anything for having Master Angler, do you? I could see doing it on one character just to wear the title as a badge of honor, but why grind it out 12 times? What am I missing here?
  • nil101
    nil101
    ✭✭
    well ,i though it will be easy after 1T, then i cost 8 hours to fish in claglorn with hissmir fish-eye drink and still miss 1 blue lake fish.
    Viky,just a old cat.
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Is that thing where you take a banked rare fish which was catched by one of your alts by another one still has its place btw (granted second alt achievement aswell) ?
    SW GoH > ESO
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »
    Is that thing where you take a banked rare fish which was catched by one of your alts by another one still has its place btw (granted second alt achievement aswell) ?
    You used to be able to do that, but you can't anymore. I can't remember which update removed that.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If patience is a virtue, then why does this seem so wrong?

Nonetheless, respect, and grats. B)
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You, OP, are incredible:)
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    X3ina wrote: »
    You used to be able to do that, but you can't anymore. I can't remember which update removed that.

It was The imperial city patch, if i recall correctly. Nowadays, every time i loot a monster throphy on alts that i still miss on my main i scream out "zenimax whyyyyyy" :(
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 words...

Get a life

I went outside today, had to wait for the sun to set first so it didn't burn my skin though.

@MyNameIsElias I jest, well done. Achievements are achievements after all.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't even do it in 1 zone on 1 character.
    #MOREORBS
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I tried fishing once and gave up after two fish :neutral:

Same here. I got probably 1 unique catch in Stonefalls... and that's it.... :neutral:
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Do you have any other achievements in the game? LOL!

Exactly. Whenever I see someone with "Master Angler" title it just translates to me "I have nothing more to do".

btw. Congrats ! And Congrats for having a lot of patience xD :smiley:
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got volunteer on 3 characters.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    I couldn't even do it in 1 zone on 1 character.

Atleast the starter islands only have 1 rare fish each in them ;)
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome and congrats. You have got some extraordinary patience!
  • Fallewarrior
    Fallewarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gz Elias :)
    Hocus Pocus Grim Focus
    -Fallen | TICK TOCK TORMENTERR | IMMORTAL MEMERR | GRYPHON HEART
    HODOR!

Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)

PC/EU
  • jackiemeeking
    jackiemeeking
    ✭✭
    Your dedication is unfathomable

This should be one of my goals in game :blush:

• FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm working toward Master Angler right now and I almost have one faction complete. I can't imaging doing that 11 more times. I think my brain would be fried at that point. Congrats on a huge accomplishment :)
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few post have been removed for rude comments. Please remember to be constructive when posting.
    Staff Post
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Now if you get bored, you can still buy the game again and restart. Just saying :D
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on January 21, 2017 6:22PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. That's quite an achievement. I'm genuinely impressed. :)

Took me long enough to achieve it on one character, but twelve, wow!

You must have the patience of a saint.

Awesome.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to admire how Zos crammed multiple games into one:
    - Horse ride simulator
    - Fishing simulator
    - Stop and Proc!
    - FoTM Online
    - PowerPoint

PowerPoint line made me literally LOL.

Thank you for that.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OED wrote:
    fish1
    noun

1A limbless cold-blooded vertebrate animal with gills and fins living wholly in water:
    ‘the huge lakes are now devoid of fish’

1.1[mass noun] The flesh of fish as food:
    ‘a dinner of meat, dried fish, and bread’

1.2the Fish" or "Fishes The zodiacal sign or constellation Pisces.
    1.3 Used in names of invertebrate animals living wholly in water, e.g. cuttlefish, shellfish, jellyfish.
    1.4informal A torpedo.

2British informal [with adjective] A person who is strange in a specified way:
    ‘he is generally thought to be a bit of a cold fish’

verb
    [NO OBJECT]

1Catch or try to catch fish, typically by using a net or hook and line:
    ‘he was fishing for pike’
    ‘I've told the girls we've gone fishing’

1.1[with object] Catch or try to catch fish in (a particular body of water):
    ‘many of the lochs we used to fish are now affected by forestry’

2Search by groping or feeling for something concealed:
    ‘he fished for his registration certificate and held it up to the policeman's torch’

2.1 Try subtly or deviously to elicit a response or some information from someone:
    ‘I was not fishing for compliments’

2.2fish something out[with object] Pull or take something out of water or a receptacle:
    ‘the body of a woman had been fished out of the river’

Usage

The normal plural of fish is fish (a shoal of fish; he caught two huge fish). The older form fishes is still used, when referring to different kinds of fish (freshwater fishes of the British Isles)
    You might want to actually know what you're talking about before you try to correct someone.

Edit: as I see the post I was replying to has been removed, I've deleted entirely the quote of it (the contents of the quote were already removed by a mod, but I might as well remove the quote itself as well). For anyone coming to this post late, someone had very rudely told OP that he was wrong and that the plural of fish is not fishes. My post was pointing out to this now unnamed rude individual that in fact the plural of fish can be either fish or fishes, depending on the context.
    Edited by UrQuan on January 22, 2017 3:04AM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I tried fishing once and gave up after two fish :neutral:

Same here. I got probably 1 unique catch in Stonefalls... and that's it.... :neutral:
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Do you have any other achievements in the game? LOL!

Exactly. Whenever I see someone with "Master Angler" title it just translates to me "I have nothing more to do".

btw. Congrats ! And Congrats for having a lot of patience xD :smiley:

My first character I wanted the achievement and our guild had a fishing event each week. We would get on team speak, fish and just joke around. Also hit the dolmen and world bosses while moving from fishing hole to fishing hole. My 2nd character I got the achievement on I did most my fishing while waiting for dungeon finder or for our trial group to be ready to go. Once I realized I had most the trophy fish I decided to go ahead and get the rest.

Best part is dyes and achievements aside I also have enough perfect roe I can sell and use the gold to grab one of the most expensive houses in the game. Not sure I will though. All I really need is a practice dummy under a shade tree somewhere.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sir are a God among men. That last foul blue fish in Cyrodill is a *** btw.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished off the last fish i needed to file, and this is now my craft bags fish count
    yZi56fu.jpg

Since i didn't record data on perfect roe on 2 characters, i'll for simplicity's sake just "give" them both 70 perfect roe each.

So in total, i ended up with roughly 969 Perfect roe caught, and if we were to assume i caught 8k normal fish on my 1 character with missing data, i caught in total 100450 Non throphy fishes throughout all of this. The reason the image above isnt over 90k is because the first couple of characters i got master angler on were before crafting bags were released, so i just vendored the fish.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on January 21, 2017 10:41PM
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Elias deserves some kinda of special title in the forums (where the community ambassador line goes).
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Elias deserves some kinda of special title in the forums (where the community ambassador line goes).

Here's a picture to go with the title.
    07dT6QX.jpg
    Wololo.