The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience!

I got master angler on 12 characters.

MyNameIsElias
MyNameIsElias
✭✭✭✭✭
I started fishing in 2015 when they released the xp boost drink, just like everyone else at the time. I got master angler within a relativly short period of time, right before imperial city was released. Several months later, between the thieves guild and dark brotherhood patches i was really bored and decided to go for master angler again. Ever since, i just kept going due to boredom in both pve and pvp.

Now, i finally got it on all 12 characters, and i have lost count at this point how many times i've rewatched my favorite tv shows.

Here is a short video in where i show all 12 moments i got master angler (I did each run in the same order of zones, with Cyrodiil lake being the last one always) Also i apologize for the blurrs in the top right and bottom left, they are there to hide guild chat and my screenshot location.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=E_qks6LIn-Y


Now onto some stats.

Each master angler run i got somewhere around 8k non achivement fishes caught, and around 70-80 perfect roe. Down below is a breakdown of each individual angler run:

1# Character: No data recorded.

2# Character: 7469 Fishes, 90 Perfect roe.

3# Character: 8233 Fishes, 80 Perfect roe.

4# Character: 8439 Fishes, no data on Perfect roe.

5# Character: 8199 Fishes, 76 Perfect roe.

6# Character: 8050 Fishes, 74 Perfect roe.

7# Character: 8840 Fishes, 89 Perfect roe.

8# Character: 7824 Fishes, 68 Pefect roe.

9# Character: 8574 Fishes, 82 Perfect roe.

10# Character: 8233 Fishes, 82 Perfect roe.

11# Character: 7960 Fishes, 82 Perfect roe

12# Character: 10629 Fishes, 106 Perfect roe (The extra 2k fish from this run was mostly foul water because the foul blue fish in Cyrodiil refused to take the bait for a good long while).

Also something noteworthy is that rng can be horrible at times. Like mentioned above, it can take more then 9 hours of straight fishing to get a blue fish, or you can catch the same one multiple times in a row before you finally catch that green fish you need to move on to the next water type.2koAgC1.jpg

To sum it up, Zenimax i beg you please revisit the fishing system in this game. It can have so much potential to be a fun activity, but with the way it is now it just isn't. I was really excited when i read about this fishing related drink from the new life festival, but was dissapointed in that it only did what PC addons have already done for a long time. Master angler is a time consuming achivement no doubt, and i don't think you would hear many people complaining if you for example, added something like a craftable set that only gives bonuses to fishing. I mean, you have sets that reduce guard and trap damage, why not make a set that benefits something like this? :)

I hope you enjoyed the read, and to zos if you are reading this, please i beg you, do something with fishing! (Looking at you @ZOS_RichLambert , i know you want to improve fishing!)

Oh, and here is my crafting bag (Some of this is also from crafting writs and hireling mails, and in general container and monster looting)
68p62qE.jpg




Edited by MyNameIsElias on January 21, 2017 11:35PM
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No elias, just no.
    Go away.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very hearty well done, quite an achievement in all senses of the word :smile: !

    You're the obvious person to ask a simple question of - can all the fish needed in a particular zone be caught in the same spot based therefore purely on RNG or are they each found in different types of water and are therefore spread around the zone?
    Edited by Tandor on January 20, 2017 6:25PM
  • Vogtard
    Vogtard
    ✭✭✭
    You have to correct your signature now.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    That commitment, tho

    Do you mean someone should be committed?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    A very hearty well done, quite an achievement in all senses of the word :smile: !

    You're the obvious person to ask a simple question of - can all the fish needed in a particular zone be caught in the same spot based therefore purely on RNG or are they each found in different types of water and are therefore spread around the zone?

    Yes, thanks to rng you can catch the same fish in the exact same spot in the zone. I tried doing that multiple times for the cyrodiil lake fish, but rng did not favor me until my 11th run where i caught the blue lake fish from the same hole as i did in the first clip.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just started my master angler journey on PS4 so wish me luck!

    Im doing it on PS4 and am yet to try the fish-eye food. What exactly does it do?


    *BTW anyone doing it on ps4 use headphones and do something else - read, watch videos, study etc
    You will hear a tugging noise and eventually you'll just know when to reel in.
    Also make sure you have auto loot on so when running between spots you can loot mats way easier

    Sorry if thats the obvious but this isnt my field on eso haha

  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    impressive...

    but has no one accused you yet of cheating or using an exploit to do it...that seems to be all the rage on the other threads at the moment :)
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumpin' Jimminy! Are you independently wealthy or something? When did you find the time for this?

    Also, nine hours for one blue fish is nothing. It can take multiple days of dedicated fishing to get some blues, especially in the zones with two blues in the same water type.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on January 20, 2017 6:30PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vogtard wrote: »
    You have to correct your signature now.

    I nearly forgot, thank you :)
    impressive...

    but has no one accused you yet of cheating or using an exploit to do it...that seems to be all the rage on the other threads at the moment :)

    Lucky me that i recorded the evidence then :P also thanks to addons, you can look in the top middle of the screen the difference in CP between all the clips ;)
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    I just started my master angler journey on PS4 so wish me luck!

    Im doing it on PS4 and am yet to try the fish-eye food. What exactly does it do?


    *BTW anyone doing it on ps4 use headphones and do something else - read, watch videos, study etc
    You will hear a tugging noise and eventually you'll just know when to reel in.
    Also make sure you have auto loot on so when running between spots you can loot mats way easier

    Sorry if thats the obvious but this isnt my field on eso haha

    The drink makes fishing holes glow like they would with the keen eye passive, and it tells you on the tool tip of the water hole what water type it is, making it easier to pick the right bait
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much respect. It must have taken so much work, but you are (almost certainly) the only person in the world who has achieved this. GG.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have any other achievements in the game? LOL!

    J/k. :)

    Congrats!!!
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    TOTAL CHARACTERS: 13 | MAINS: Magicka and Stamina Dragonknights | CHAMPION POINTS: 1610+
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admire your Perseverance. Grats.


    I do the fishing but after a few casts I just can't bring myself to keep it going. It is more fun with others around on a Teamspeak or Discord type of thing. It also makes this process go much faster fishing in a group.

    But to Solo this? Not for me.

    Again, good job.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

    PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

  • Jaeme Diam
    Jaeme Diam
    ✭✭✭
    But....why?

    Still impressive though.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I admire your Perseverance. Grats.


    I do the fishing but after a few casts I just can't bring myself to keep it going. It is more fun with others around on a Teamspeak or Discord type of thing. It also makes this process go much faster fishing in a group.

    But to Solo this? Not for me.

    Again, good job.

    Thank you! And This was around 95% solo or so. Only other time other people fished with me was when a friend or guildie needed the same zone as me or someone random was also fishing there.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeme Diam wrote: »
    But....why?

    Still impressive though.

    Boredom and all the time in the world :) And partially because i suck at solo pvp and don't really find dungeons or trials that fun.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is madness!

    My preference for fishing is always drunk fishing with guildies (sometimes naked drunk fishing), and I tend not to do much fishing outside of that. As a result, I don't yet have master angler on any characters, even though I started fishing before you could even fillet the fish and before perfect roe was a thing.

    Congrats on all of your master anglers! I'm convinced that it's still one of the rarest titles in the game, even now that lots of people fish for perfect roe.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    A very hearty well done, quite an achievement in all senses of the word :smile: !

    You're the obvious person to ask a simple question of - can all the fish needed in a particular zone be caught in the same spot based therefore purely on RNG or are they each found in different types of water and are therefore spread around the zone?

    Yes, thanks to rng you can catch the same fish in the exact same spot in the zone. I tried doing that multiple times for the cyrodiil lake fish, but rng did not favor me until my 11th run where i caught the blue lake fish from the same hole as i did in the first clip.

    Thanks for that info :smiley: !
  • Jaeme Diam
    Jaeme Diam
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeme Diam wrote: »
    But....why?

    Still impressive though.

    Boredom and all the time in the world :) And partially because i suck at solo pvp and don't really find dungeons or trials that fun.

    To each their own,lol

    Congrats!
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    epic
    Are you a perfect russian woman? add me-> @Olysja (✿☯‿☯✿)
    (EU)(EP) Olysja / Hortensius Capitolinus
    (EU)(DC) My Heart for Cuties
    (EU)(AD) City light painted girl
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, @MyNameIsElias question for you: do you fish with keyboard and mouse or with a controller? I ask because I generally hate using a controller but relatively recently (actually a couple of months ago now) a guildie gave me a great tip that using a controller is the way to go with fishing. It will vibrate when you've got a bite, and that alone really makes fishing a lot better IMO.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    This is madness!

    My preference for fishing is always drunk fishing with guildies (sometimes naked drunk fishing), and I tend not to do much fishing outside of that. As a result, I don't yet have master angler on any characters, even though I started fishing before you could even fillet the fish and before perfect roe was a thing.

    Congrats on all of your master anglers! I'm convinced that it's still one of the rarest titles in the game, even now that lots of people fish for perfect roe.

    Indeed, most of the people i came across are there for the roe, but work towards the achivement anyway just incase they decide to complete all the zones one day. As for drunk fishing, i'd have to try that one day ;)
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are the most impressive player to date. Please make a youtube channel and tell use the meta for each new patch.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Oh, @MyNameIsElias question for you: do you fish with keyboard and mouse or with a controller? I ask because I generally hate using a controller but relatively recently (actually a couple of months ago now) a guildie gave me a great tip that using a controller is the way to go with fishing. It will vibrate when you've got a bite, and that alone really makes fishing a lot better IMO.

    Keyboard, my xbox has been under my bed for many years now! I don't have any problem seeing when the fish is ready to be reeled in, it's a simple and large enough animation for me to just almost instantly reel it when it is ready.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You say fishing isn't fun but you have master angler on 12 characters...
    PC EU
Sign In or Register to comment.