The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc , Thanks for the map of the sailing / overland routs.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks as well ,would be nice if they came out with new in game maps that showed travel routes by land and sea. Just tweak the ingame maps or replace em.
  • Paganini
    Paganini
    ✭✭✭
    When will you guys add multi-core support to the client? Iam pretty sure a lot of performance-bugs should be fixed through this
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you going to do to restructure the way Campaigns in PvP work to make them more competitive between the three Alliances? Having multiple Campaigns that are empty and just map capped by one Alliance serves no value to the game and allowing one Alliance to have twice the players in a Campaign as the other Alliances with no efforts to population balance or prevent players from faction hopping the moment their alliance starts losing that Campaign just results in an already overpopulated Alliance becoming more imbalanced.

If you guys are going to stick with this style of PvP in ESO then you need to put more effort into not just balancing skills and armor but alliance population whether that be through incentives to play PvP on the lesser populated Alliances or adding some sort of adaptive population cap to the server that only increases when the lowest populated alliance meets a certain number of players.
    Edited by Twohothardware on January 3, 2017 1:32PM
  • sorn55
    sorn55
    Soul Shriven
    Will vampires in ES online ever have the option of being able to take damage from being in the sun, even if only in an add on.

I really feel that vampires should not be immune to the Sun. Yes I am aware that ES vampires have a special type of the vampire virus, but I still don't like it.

I chose to be a vampire. If I don't like it, I can always cure myself. Just like choices in real life, sometimes people don't like the consequences of such, (like the major I chose for college and graduate school that led me nowhere in the real world).

Again, for lore reasons, for immersion reasons, for wider general this is a basic fundamental that vampires should have to deal with (I should not be immune to the Sun).

I should be able to burn up, like most vampires if not all other vampire depictions show if a vampire is that moronic to go out in the sun.
    Or at the very least, I should be much weaker during sunlight hours and take some damage, and possibly then become much tougher during night hours. Again, if I don't like it, I can always cure myself.

I hope one day there is an add on for this. I think that any such improvements down this line of thought, would make vampire players really feel much more like vampires, and that if they chose to go down this path, as to besides the benefits they would have to realize there were conditions that you have to be okay to live with if you are a vamp.

Furthermore, like older ES games, I feel if you are in stages 3-4, npc's in a game lore world that seems to have social issues with these type of undead, should either make comments, and some vendors should totally not want to do business with you.

It's not right, but that seems to be what the case was in older ES games and social prejudges shouldn't just change, when they seem to be a deeply ingrained part of Tamriel culture.

Possibly as a compromise to this, to not annoy players who are vampires who log in at times, when it's day, there can be special areas for vamps to go to in the day that are safe (like special tent cities or tent areas where they can do some quests)

The plus side for sunlight damage, and stat minuses, could be this. During Night time hours, vampires are much more powerful so during this period it would be much easier for Vampires to finish quests.

• JinmeiRobeitsu
    Can you guys make sliders or on/ off options for HUD elements such as the crosshairs on Xbox One please? I as well as many others would appreciate it ❤
  • Davidshiffb14_ESO
    Davidshiffb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I can see with a nice sized house for sure at least a medium if not a large it's very possible. It will be all about the decorations, tables, chairs having several beds in rooms. I can see several players having inns, maybe even there own store where they can sell there crafted goods and have a banker for costumers to use. The npc running it when you off would be.nice but I don't think they will do that.

Well I just want to be able to Enjoy the house, talk to the visitors, have more of an immersive play. Maybe even come up with quests and rewards. Sit around give tips, buy a round of drinks. send requests for materials in order to help build/expand the inn. Place trophies either collected or donated by a player which will be tagged with their screen name or character name. Kind of as advertisement that they frequent the place.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the player housing Crown prices going to be?
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sorn55 wrote: »
    Will vampires in ES online ever have the option of being able to take damage from being in the sun, even if only in an add on.

I really feel that vampires should not be immune to the Sun. Yes I am aware that ES vampires have a special type of the vampire virus, but I still don't like it.

I chose to be a vampire. If I don't like it, I can always cure myself. Just like choices in real life, sometimes people don't like the consequences of such, (like the major I chose for college and graduate school that led me nowhere in the real world).

Again, for lore reasons, for immersion reasons, for wider general this is a basic fundamental that vampires should have to deal with (I should not be immune to the Sun).

I should be able to burn up, like most vampires if not all other vampire depictions show if a vampire is that moronic to go out in the sun.
    Or at the very least, I should be much weaker during sunlight hours and take some damage, and possibly then become much tougher during night hours. Again, if I don't like it, I can always cure myself.

I hope one day there is an add on for this. I think that any such improvements down this line of thought, would make vampire players really feel much more like vampires, and that if they chose to go down this path, as to besides the benefits they would have to realize there were conditions that you have to be okay to live with if you are a vamp.

Furthermore, like older ES games, I feel if you are in stages 3-4, npc's in a game lore world that seems to have social issues with these type of undead, should either make comments, and some vendors should totally not want to do business with you.

It's not right, but that seems to be what the case was in older ES games and social prejudges shouldn't just change, when they seem to be a deeply ingrained part of Tamriel culture.

Possibly as a compromise to this, to not annoy players who are vampires who log in at times, when it's day, there can be special areas for vamps to go to in the day that are safe (like special tent cities or tent areas where they can do some quests)

The plus side for sunlight damage, and stat minuses, could be this. During Night time hours, vampires are much more powerful so during this period it would be much easier for Vampires to finish quests.

You know the game is 90% daylight right? How often do you see Cyro at night.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    STILL waiting for that Akaviri motif to hit the crown shop LIKE ALL THE REST OF THE MOTIFS IN THAT UPDATE HAVE!

'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite new to Tam.Unltd, so this might be a question that millions have asked before -

Is it possible to increase my carrying capacity or will there be somewhere I can safely stash stuff - eg my own house?

Sometimes you find something which isn't necessarily the best weapon/armour, but it's so cool, u wanna keep it!

Pack Merchant sells space upgrades in most cities. You can also get more pack storage by buying a mount and training up that storage capacity.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STILL waiting for that Akaviri motif to hit the crown shop LIKE ALL THE REST OF THE MOTIFS IN THAT UPDATE HAVE!
    Pretty sure that one is a special case due to its primary source being an AP sink. All the other motifs are drops and loot. So it may not be likely to come to the Crown Store at all.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Regneir
    Regneir
    Soul Shriven
    A question I have been meaning to ask is about the armor in game. I have noticed that a lot of the newer motifs and styles (( Like Skinchanger)) have many 3D elements to them, while the older sets (( Such as Orc or Bosmer )) are simply 2d textures applied to the torso. Are their any plans to go back and update these armors to have the same 3D like textures as the newer sets.

Also I saw someone made a comment about vampirism, my only question there, is there a way to make stage 1 keep our skin color from being white? I.E I make a bright blue dunmer and in stage 1 he is bright blue but slowly gets paler as the stages progress in keeping with the current system, as I have many markers on my characters skin that just do not show up with the current texture layering of Vampirism.

Thank you.
  • Renoaku_ESO
    Renoaku_ESO
    ✭✭
    1.) When are subscribers going to get the freedom to edit / customize their body, character shape, hair color, etc, without having to pay $10 each time (One main reason I have the game installed but haven't came back to the game lol...

. To make up for this you sell (Additional Content) that can be worn / equipped in the character creator in the market place buying it unlocks it on the account.

. Only things that should be paid are Race Change, and Alliance Chance

. Oh and while your all at making new costumes, give me a kitty costume, some neko / rabbit ears or something lol...

2.) When are RNG boxes going to go away the second thing that really makes me hate this game...

Doesn't matter asking this because developers never reply takes 5 of them just to screw in a Light Bulb, applies to really any game company not just ZOS.

The label I currently give ESO, is Pay 2 Enjoy because of so many aspects locked behind a Pay Wall, just because Korean Company's started this *** doesn't mean U.S Companies and E.U should start doing this, and Gacha too...
    Edited by Renoaku_ESO on January 7, 2017 4:03AM
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would you ever add housing options in previously released DLC-zones, i.e. Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, Gold Coast?
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Developers ever bring Nurnhond Trait Mimic stones and the other rare Traits into the Crown Store?

We would rather support the development of ESO then give gold farmers in game gold, the price for Nirncrux is outrageous, we have seen in for sale for as much as 200k+ for 1stone, cheapest was around 5k for 1.

Also will there ever be a repeatable quest to get the Nurnhond armor and weapon for researching?

Maybe have the armor and weapons start dropping off the world Bosses, and in chests and lockboxes?
  • RobertTheRotten
    RobertTheRotten
    Soul Shriven
    Do you ever plan on introducing the ability to wear equipment as a cosmetic? As in, you would keep the stats of your normal equipment, but the equipment worn as a cosmetic would be what shows. Lots of people seem to agree with and want this, just from looking around on the forums a bit. Has this feature ever been considered or brought up at all when thinking of what to add to the game?
  • eso-pedro
    eso-pedro
    ✭✭
    Would it ever be possible to play without joining any of the alliances? Those who want to play neutral characters would like this. Maybe make them able to be mercenaries?

Mercenaries would fight for one side. They fought for money, but they were not free agents, they were paid to fight for a side, and were bound by to that side until the war was over.

As a general rule mercenaries that changed sides were not trusted, and given the missions that would get most of them killed. Mercenaries didn't swap sides constantly, as no-one would employ fighter without some code of conduct.

They could choose side each campaign......however I do think the current setup is better.......Just pick a side haha
    XBOX ONE - EU
    Guild: The Red Dragon Legion
    Come join us - Guildmaster GT: Robo1314 or Pedro i888
    At CP Cap
    Mag DK - Mag NB - Mag Temp Heal - Stam DK - Stam Sorc
  • eso-pedro
    eso-pedro
    ✭✭
    I would like an app for ESO as I work away from home for 3 weeks at a time, this would allow me to possibly trade, research and gain access to my characters (possibly) so I could make changes like re-spec skills and attributes.

So here is my question,

Is there any possibility that we will be given an app to use when logging in to PC/Console is not an option......I would pay for this........the app that is, not funding it haha
    XBOX ONE - EU
    Guild: The Red Dragon Legion
    Come join us - Guildmaster GT: Robo1314 or Pedro i888
    At CP Cap
    Mag DK - Mag NB - Mag Temp Heal - Stam DK - Stam Sorc
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will you ever do more with interactive UI (like you use in lockpicking, reading books or even Crown Crates)?

I think it's a really cool piece of technology that could be used in tavern mini-games (arm wrestling, dice poker, playing instruments) or in crafting (making it more interactive, or having 3D previews of craftables similar to Skyrim's 3D item models). Or let players paint their own wall decorations for in their houses!
    Edited by petraeus1 on January 8, 2017 1:41PM
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Pretty sure that one is a special case due to its primary source being an AP sink. All the other motifs are drops and loot. So it may not be likely to come to the Crown Store at all.

Considering they are adding more st00f to buy for AP, it's about godamn time this motif hit the crown shop, like all the others have. No freaking reason at all to keep it as a pvp only item.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long do we have to wait to see the schools of magic come into the game? You know them as: Conjuration, Destruction, Illusion, Restoration, Mysticism, Alteration, and the likes. Some of us have been waiting quite patiently for them to make their debut. The game has been making some good strides of late, just wondering when Wrobel will get around to it.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are housing crown prices?
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever see active game mods? It would be nice to turn to someone who could deal with bots and gold sellers spamming chat with links instead of submitting tickets.

Perhaps assigning active players with these mod permissions would help. I know I see enough of this stuff I could easily deal with it myself.
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on January 10, 2017 1:50AM
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is Saltrice? Is it rice that taste like salt? or a variety of rice that is saltwater tolerant (able to grow in saltwater or able handle saltwater flooding)? Little history on Saltrice be nice?
    Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water. - Loremaster
    Edited by randolphbenoit on July 25, 2017 6:41PM
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Triipzzz
    Triipzzz
    ✭✭✭
    Soo many questions, nothing decent getting answered. Typical
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We wont know crown prices until we actually buying houses. They could and should of released all pricing at once, there was no reason not to.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 9, 2017 5:47PM
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have eso love again? That is all.
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there ever be an option to rent your house to other people, or to rent a house yourself and pay a rent for using it?
  • shenfa
    shenfa
    Soul Shriven
    Could we get mundus stones that can be placed in houses ? (for all the people who use TBS)

Oh and STORAGE in housing ! but you already know that.
This discussion has been closed.