The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stop defending ZOS over the Elk mount

• Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Translation: Stop feeling the way you do and feel the way I do.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh. I don't find the mount to be good looking. Just like those atro mounts (god they are ugly). I don't buy it simply because of that, not because of the price. I don't get why people whine about this stuff. People do what they want with their money. People put prices as high as they want them to be. For example, the Dro-m'anthra Senche is literally the sweetest mount ever, especially with the skin, if I hadn't been away during the time it was available, I would have bought it, even if it had an iutrageous price on it.

But frankly, I'd much rather race change my stamblade to Khajiit than buy a mount that I only see for a few minutes every day.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Berret
    Berret
    ✭✭✭
    I fail to see why selling a completely optional cosmetic mount makes ZOS greedy.
    Options
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berret wrote: »
    I fail to see why selling a completely optional cosmetic mount makes ZOS greedy.

It was a mount that apparently a lot of people had been wanting and waiting to get, ZOS released it right around the holidays (I imagine to ca$h in on the holiday spirit of their first new life festival), and then like a Grinch.. they way over priced it thinking people would just buy it no matter what. Also, at least from my perspective, there was absolutely nothing "oh so special" about the mount to warrant 4500 crowns. However, even I probably would have bought it, if it had been 2500-3000 crowns.

I think in the end, what kills more MMOs than anything else is their greed, and not understanding how that alienates their player base who will eventually move on to other games if they start to feel like walking wallets to the MMO developers.
    Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In hindsight, I am glad it was so overpriced. It wasn't the majestic elk it looked like in the preview pictures, and I would have bought it without looking if it had been more reasonably priced

It looks stoned and it sounds like a cross between an elk and fingers scratching a chalkboard.

Because it was so expensive, now I don't have to see or hear the ugly thing. Plus I saved the 3k Crowns I intended to spend on it.

I have counted how many elk I spotted in game. Two in Craglorn, one in Wrothgar, one in Auridon, and six around the New Life Festival tent. So ten.
    I don't think many people bought it.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    Consumers defending bad business practices of companies to justify their own purchases are worse than the companies that made bad business descisions in the first place.

Stop defending ZOS over the Elk mount thing, they ****ed up, they are a big company they dont need your support or your petty downvoting of people that dont want to be screwed over.

This kind of thing pisses me off. You are the consumers, you are not the PR people of a company. Stop beeing unpaid shills and have some dignity.

I posted this on reddit as well and got downvoted to hell https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5jt51q/stop_defending_zos_over_the_elk_mount/

They called me kid and *** for simply saying what I have in mind. This would not happen at the first place if you people just voted with your wallet with that Dromartha mount, that you are not okay with that pricepoint. If it didn't sell so well they wouldn't even dare pricing Elk this amount.

You all brought this to yourself, and somehow I'm the grumpy evil antagonist.

So yeah keep purchasing this mount, justify your purchase, and let ZoS know that you are okay with this price point so that they might rise it even higher next year.

I have the elk and I love it. I'll be sure to equip it on all my toons too.
    We Wipe On Trash
    Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
    Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
    Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
    Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
    My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
    Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
    Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
    Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
    Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
    Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
    Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
    Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
    A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
    Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
    Options
  • Laplace
    Laplace
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS will only charge what we allow them to charge.

If people are willing to pay hand over fist for a stupid reindeer, that's on us, not them. If it's a flop, they'll respond accordingly. Muh free markets, etc.
    Options
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laplace wrote: »

If people are willing to pay hand over fist for a stupid reindeer, that's on us, not them. If it's a flop, they'll respond accordingly. Muh free markets, etc.

Supply and demand is a difficult concept for some to handle.
    We Wipe On Trash
    Options
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Black Elk datamined ^_^
    Options
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    JWKe wrote: »
    Black Elk datamined ^_^

WTB Black Elk 5.5k crowns
    We Wipe On Trash
    Options
  • Norn
    Norn
    ✭✭✭
    Bad business? I'm pretty sure ZOS made *** tons of money on that mount.

Just because you can not justify paying 4.5K for a mount doesn't mean others can't. Stop feeling entitled to everything you see in the game.

Personally I didn't buy it if you're wondering. I'm happy with my Warhorse, don't need no Elk. This ain't LOTR.
    Options
  • Malorey45738
    Malorey45738
    ✭✭✭
    I admire any company that can make people hand over money for a few pixels on the screen! :smiley:
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some_Guy wrote: »

How the hell are pixels supply and demand? Lmao
    Edited by Mojmir on January 6, 2017 11:04AM
    Options
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Some_Guy wrote: »

How the hell are pixels supply and demand? Lmao

The "supply" comes only from ZOS, and is limited however they wish to limit (usually with a time frame rather than amount). The demand is from players who want a mount like this.
    The standard horse mounts are permanently in the crown store, available all the time, thus people don't feel a "pressure" to hurry up and buy before it's "gone". High "supply", low demand, relatively low price. The limited-time-only mounts have a lower "supply", and (considering that I see a lot more Elks and Dro Mathra mounts than I do Piebald Destrier) a higher demand, thus much higher prices.
    Supply can be more than "physical" objects.
    We Wipe On Trash
    Options
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Norn wrote: »
    Bad business? I'm pretty sure ZOS made *** tons of money on that mount.

Maybe. I suppose if we see similar offers in the future we'll know they did.

But I'm not sure if it was "good" or "bad" business.

One effect it had for me was that Crowns lost some perceived worth. I am used to spending $40 and being able to purchase some really fun stuff.

If the items in the Cash Shop are moving towards an increase in cost, or at least the "cool" stuff (subjective I know), then I am concerned that I will not be able to continue collecting items within my self-imposed budget.

A remedy for this is to only buy the Crowns when they are on sale. But I don't always catch those sales because I am often unaware of them till after the fact.

While I think ESO is the best fantasy MMO on the market, in terms of monetization they are increasingly moving in directions that leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.

So then it becomes not only about the price, but negative feelings about the company as well.

Then again I am just one guy. Were I to quit today it wouldn't even be an asterisk to an asterisk. But I wonder how many share my feelings?

The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
    Options