The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds! When and how? VIDEO FROM 2014

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    As I recall, the map here was hacked together for the convention and was pretty much held together through duct tape and sheer force of will. It was made for tradeshows, not for actual in-game usage. The only way to get to it was to have ZOS port you to the location.

So yet again, ZOS was false advertising to get people excited, but when you peel back the onion it's held together by duct tape and won't be implemented for years to come...
    No, because the "battleground" in the video you're describing is NOT a battleground but a small PVP arena that was custom-build. It's not a battleground, just a tiny arena. Battlegrounds are different.
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    As I recall, the map here was hacked together for the convention and was pretty much held together through duct tape and sheer force of will. It was made for tradeshows, not for actual in-game usage. The only way to get to it was to have ZOS port you to the location.

So yet again, ZOS was false advertising to get people excited, but when you peel back the onion it's held together by duct tape and won't be implemented for years to come...
    No, because the "battleground" in the video you're describing is NOT a battleground but a small PVP arena that was custom-build. It's not a battleground, just a tiny arena. Battlegrounds are different.

I think a vast majority of the people on these forums don't actually know what battlegrounds or arenas are, many think arena means 1v1 and battle ground means small scale lol.
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

This. The area in the video was normal ESO PvP, just condensed to small size. Imagine being transported to the Alessia bridge in Cyrodiil but not being able to leave that area. It would give you a good idea of how PvP combat in ESO works, without people having to ride a horse from their faction gates, getting ganked along the way, having to siege and capture multiple keeps to open up the transit system, etc. That is way too involved and time consuming for a convention demo. Those things were "battlegrounds" in the same way that fighting at bridges or mile gates or in an IC district is a "battleground".

What is a battleground if it's not 3v3 or up to 24v24 team play on a mini map or random map game with objectives? (E.g., capture the flag, king of the hill, etc.) in mmorpgs you have open world pvp, rvr, and instance minimap battleground scenarios based on team vs team. The op video looks like the latter. A map for team vs team play.

Sorry but ic is not battlegrounds. It's not instance its a mix of open world pvp and rvr with a couple of contesting flags with no clear winner or objective.

I disagree in 2014 the game was complete. Cyrodil would have been easily accessible for everyone to log in and play. There were already numerous beta tests, videos, and showcases of cyrodil for people to play in. Your telling me that when this video was made a 150mill game couldn't showcase cyrodil at quake on and instead had to duct tape a mini map together? Lol. No. The purpose of this video was clearly to showcase pvp in a battleground/arena type scenario. Which may or may not ever come. Just another example of Zos advertising something that probably won't make it into game. Here's a sample off the top of my head:

Justice system
    Spell crafting
    Battlegrounds?

My experience is mostly WoW with a bit of SWTOR and Rift but in WoW, bg's are 8v8 to 40v40 objective oriented pvp with a set time or score limit depending on which bg it is and arena's are 2v2 and 3v3 with no objectives other than killing the opposing team. SWTOR's war zones are 8v8. People on these forums keep seeming to think that the addition of battle grounds means they will have 3v3 type play like we saw at quakecon 2014 but that just isn't what a battle ground is.

Yes this....

I hope people have concluded that battlegrounds in terms of how this game would present it, wouldn't have set X vs X numbers. The only thing that would be set are the playing areas in terms of walls, or what not and how it accessed.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501