The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlespirit in Update 13

silky_soft
silky_soft
✭✭✭✭✭
So that PVE doesn't get a sad battlespirit needs some changes in order to address the concerns of PVP.

Some thing that need to be included:
  • Block cost minimum, no less then equivelent of 5 Heavy in constitution passive.
  • Burst healing, same sort of system as streak and dodge roll
  • Gear set proc cooldown increase. Goes for damage+resource+de/buff. Enchants not included.
  • All executes to be from 35% HP
  • No self buffs or heals/shields to be cast in sneak
  • Reduce range of EOTS
  • Mending and Vitality can no longer be stacked
  • All shields scale off HP. Cap them at max hp.
  • 100% reduction to anything wrobel thinks is a good idea

Some things that need to be removed:
  • No execute gets the range buff
  • No heal gets the range buff
  • 5000% Load screen debuff

Edited by silky_soft on January 2, 2017 9:59PM
Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    [*] 100% reduction to anything wrobel thinks is a good idea

this!

∞% agree
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000% Load screen debuff

You sure that's enough? :trollface:
    Edited by Birdovic on December 22, 2016 1:12PM
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the load screens are good for fighting zergs because if you know how to fight and farm them zerg players can die 10-15 times and get pissed and eventually quit...keep the load screens it's good for new players.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just make Battle Spirit back to 35% from current 50%
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just disable proc sets in pvp (mainly monster sets), nerf destro ultimate, some minor class balance, fix all the crashing and maybe offer some better rewards for pvp and there pvp for the most part is fixed....

would like to see some love to the Sorc class but eh
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • CeeJonesy
    CeeJonesy
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Gear set proc cooldown increase. Goes for damage+resource+de/buff. Enchants not included.

I think they said they are going to change it to a dot. as long as this can be purged (heard they are also thinking of changing purging dots for mag dk so hopefully its not just a blanket change like normal) then it will work fine.

[*] No self buffs or heals/shields to be cast in sneak

That just kills ganking. While it's not a high skill style of play it's still a nice alternative when people get bored. don't think zos wants to kill off alternative modes of play.

[*] Reduce range of EOTS

Honestly, I would be happy with just like a 30-40% damage reduction or even just the ability to block it.

[*] All shields scale off HP

This kills magic sorcs. Maybe make stam shields more useful in some way but mag shields are already about right (imo).

PC EU | XBOX EU
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they make any dots unpurgable all you will see is templars and magsorc.

How does not buff from sneak kill gank? I can burst most builds down, beside shield spam and permablock. Without the need to hit 5 buttons before I launch a '1 shot'. They took from us vigor, just take it all away.

Damage is good, just needs a smaller circle or even become a channel.

That's an easy one. Sorc class shield has a 10% bonus, then light armor skill. Everyone uses heavy armor now anyway. Having shields capping at your hp is best solution but they won't code that.
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thr First Law is strong in this one.

Just one obvious point.

Currently there are quite a few variations on executes in terms of damage boost, threshold, range, burst v dot etc etc etc. To suddenly and without other adjustment flat out set threshold to 35% across the board is as imbslancing a cudgel as one might expect.

My "detect nightblade" sense is tingling with shield change and buff to killers blade.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should jesus beam be ranged, affected by extra range, be a undodgeable channel and be 50% execute? When all KB gets is disease scaling, 25% execute, heal REDUCED by battle spirit and has a dodgeable 5m range? Would be better if it was 5% tristat return on kill with 7m range (half of impale).
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol all shields scale from health? Fool
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Increased cost on burst healing. You might as well just totally remove the role of PVP healer.

Your whole list is just basically things that make it hard for you to kill a person or a complaint about what is killing you the most so you want to have it removed. But, I guess I might as well jump on the band wagon and see if I can make things better for myself as well.

-I'm a ranged dps so I think DK wings is way overpowered. How am I suppose to kill them if they can reflect everything back at me. Being hit by my own dark flare really hurts.

-I can't stand it when I get a NB below 50% health and he cloaks and runs away. I think they should not be able to cloak when they are below 50% health.

-Bow getting increased speed after a dodge roll or any other increase in speed is not fair because I hate running after people. I want them to just stand there and die.

-And the most hated thing of all is the whole line of sight thing. If I have you tab targetted I should be able to shoot through rocks, walls, and trees to hit you.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought some of these were jokes, but there was enough that I agreed with that I think they're all genuine.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Just disable proc sets in pvp (mainly monster sets), nerf destro ultimate, some minor class balance, fix all the crashing and maybe offer some better rewards for pvp and there pvp for the most part is fixed....

would like to see some love to the Sorc class but eh

What?. monster sets are the only damage proc sets that should be in the game at all. just trash Viper and Widow.
    Invictus
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

now, if all shields scaled off health (possibly with skills/passives which boost that for brief periods) and dodge/block also scaling off health (no stam cost but % dodge success and % block damage determined by max health from say 20% to 50% + skill/passive bonuses) that could get interesting. Add in an armor trait to boost shield% and change the blocking one to % etc.

Say basic design shield strength is at 20% health, dodge chance is at 20% and block damage reduction is 20% - all at 0 health.
    Say every point in health raises these percents by 1. So in theory at 64 health the base shield is 84% of health, the base dodge chance is 84% and the base block reduction is 84%.

Now obviously these wouldn't be final numbers but you have the idea.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

now, if all shields scaled off health (possibly with skills/passives which boost that for brief periods) and dodge/block also scaling off health (no stam cost but % dodge success and % block damage determined by max health from say 20% to 50% + skill/passive bonuses) that could get interesting. Add in an armor trait to boost shield% and change the blocking one to % etc.

Say basic design shield strength is at 20% health, dodge chance is at 20% and block damage reduction is 20% - all at 0 health.
    Say every point in health raises these percents by 1. So in theory at 64 health the base shield is 84% of health, the base dodge chance is 84% and the base block reduction is 84%.

And if they cast shuffle? 104% dodge chance? Nice, what could be wrong with that.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Increased cost on burst healing. You might as well just totally remove the role of PVP healer.

Your whole list is just basically things that make it hard for you to kill a person or a complaint about what is killing you the most so you want to have it removed. But, I guess I might as well jump on the band wagon and see if I can make things better for myself as well.

-I'm a ranged dps so I think DK wings is way overpowered. How am I suppose to kill them if they can reflect everything back at me. Being hit by my own dark flare really hurts.

-I can't stand it when I get a NB below 50% health and he cloaks and runs away. I think they should not be able to cloak when they are below 50% health.

-Bow getting increased speed after a dodge roll or any other increase in speed is not fair because I hate running after people. I want them to just stand there and die.

-And the most hated thing of all is the whole line of sight thing. If I have you tab targetted I should be able to shoot through rocks, walls, and trees to hit you.

that's a good one actually wings should be buffed to 20s.

Should try radiant magelight, a gap closer, projectiles, ground aoe or a detect pot to catch those sneaky nb.

just use infernal guardian, Jesus beam or eots to make it though objects.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

And if they cast shuffle? 104% dodge chance? Nice, what could be wrong with that.

Well right now dodge has a 100% chance.

So not much really.

let me be very clear...

currently you execute a dodge and spend stamina and 100% you succeed for the half second or whatever so at dodging stuff.

in this paradigm, you execute dodge and spend no stamina and have a 20%+healthpts chance to dodge each attack for the same half second or whatever.

Currently, you execute block and if hit you spend stamina and cut all damage by 50% for the half second or so whatever.

In this paradigm, you execute block and if hit spend no stamina and cut all damage by 20%+healthpts for the halfsecond or whatever.

Again, not even close to suggesting these numbers are finals... but it does as number of things that have been called for by others in one mechanic

1 - makes health a vital componen t for defense for both magica and stamina taking over their primary defenses.
    2 - takes doge/block out of stamina, out of the offense pool for stamina builds to let stamina and magica play more evenly in their offense pool.
    3 - Along with making SET DAMAGE (for sets which spawn damage their own damage effects) scale off the character's mag/damage stats (like any spell/skill would - not just the cp/qual level of the set) it tries to provide some spread between the stats in most builds.

So, yeah, someone could build a perma-dodge set with 64 in health and shuffle or evasions or whatever giving them dodge rolls for 104% but so what? They got crap damage coming out of that build.

Right now they can stack stamina the offense stat and dodge roll for 100% and still have hurtful attacks even if just hvy and light and ult.

In either design you CAN beuild a char to maximize the potential but in this version since it keys off health you cannot maximize bot the defense dodge/block and get the significant offense.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So not much really.

let me be very clear...

currently you execute a dodge and spend stamina and 100% you succeed for the half second or whatever so at dodging stuff.

in this paradigm, you execute dodge and spend no stamina and have a 20%+healthpts chance to dodge each attack for the same half second or whatever.

Currently, you execute block and if hit you spend stamina and cut all damage by 50% for the half second or so whatever.

In this paradigm, you execute block and if hit spend no stamina and cut all damage by 20%+healthpts for the halfsecond or whatever.

Again, not even close to suggesting these numbers are finals... but it does as number of things that have been called for by others in one mechanic

1 - makes health a vital componen t for defense for both magica and stamina taking over their primary defenses.
    2 - takes doge/block out of stamina, out of the offense pool for stamina builds to let stamina and magica play more evenly in their offense pool.
    3 - Along with making SET DAMAGE (for sets which spawn damage their own damage effects) scale off the character's mag/damage stats (like any spell/skill would - not just the cp/qual level of the set) it tries to provide some spread between the stats in most builds.

So, yeah, someone could build a perma-dodge set with 64 in health and shuffle or evasions or whatever giving them dodge rolls for 104% but so what? They got crap damage coming out of that build.

Right now they can stack stamina the offense stat and dodge roll for 100% and still have hurtful attacks even if just hvy and light and ult.

In either design you CAN beuild a char to maximize the potential but in this version since it keys off health you cannot maximize bot the defense dodge/block and get the significant offense.
    Making all defenses RNG based is only gonna make things worse. The whole point is to remove RNG from the fights not put more into them. And yes a build with 100% dodge chance with ur version is going to be the most broken build ever created. We are literally talking about a build that cannot be killed cause it will be possible to spam rolls without losing any stamina. And even if u have 60 points into hp u can still put everything else into dmg and have more than enough dmg to kill people. Your sustain will be irrelevant cause u can just roll forever till u get ur resources back. Same applies for ur block version. Permablock that costs no stamina and mitigates 100% of the dmg. Lmao. Thats more broken than the permaroll build. Even proc set meta requires more skill than that.

If you want to bring diversity back where people dont just put everything into one resource you dont have to do extreme changes to mechanics. All you have to do is put softcaps in battlespirit.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So not much really.

let me be very clear...

Making all defenses RNG based is only gonna make things worse. The whole point is to remove RNG from the fights not put more into them. And yes a build with 100% dodge chance with ur version is going to be the most broken build ever created. We are literally talking about a build that cannot be killed cause it will be possible to spam rolls without losing any stamina. And even if u have 60 points into hp u can still put everything else into dmg and have more than enough dmg to kill people. Your sustain will be irrelevant cause u can just roll forever till u get ur resources back. Same applies for ur block version. Permablock that costs no stamina and mitigates 100% of the dmg. Lmao. Thats more broken than the permaroll build. Even proc set meta requires more skill than that.

If you want to bring diversity back where people dont just put everything into one resource you dont have to do extreme changes to mechanics. All you have to do is put softcaps in battlespirit.

Just to be clear, you are saying threads and claims of perma block now snd perma roll dodge now are wrong cuz that doesnt exist now in the game where the stat that feeds those also buffs physical, disease, poison etc damage?

As fore more rng, the dodge rng is one you can get bavk to 109% if you build to it, it just doesnt come day one while maxing damage.

Block of course is already rng at 50% with some ways to improve it again with t getting along just fine as you maximize dmg.
    Edited by STEVIL on January 3, 2017 3:54AM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no thanks.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So not much really.

let me be very clear...

Just to be clear, you are saying threads and claims of perma block now snd perma roll dodge now are wrong cuz that doesnt exist now in the game where the stat that feeds those also buffs physical, disease, poison etc damage?

As fore more rng, the dodge rng is one you can get bavk to 109% if you build to it, it just doesnt come day one while maxing damage.

Block of course is already rng at 50% with some ways to improve it again with t getting along just fine as you maximize dmg.

When we are talking about permaroll and permablock now we mean excessive use of roll and block. At some point u will run out of stamina if u roll too much no matter how much regen u have. And permablocking isnt exactly as simple as pressing right click and tank the entire campaign for as long as u like. You still take dmg through block and u still need to work to sustain ur stamina to permablock. If you have something that is not working well you fix it, u dont completely break it. Your propositions make it possible to literally permaroll without having any regen dodging everything they throw at you, permablock that mitigates 100% of incoming dmg, sustaining forever cause dodging and blocking will cost u nothing and at the same time have A LOT of dmg cause ur gear, skills, mundus etc will be focused on dmg. All that in one build. You proposed literally immortal builds. You cant possibly be serious about that.

Edited by pieratsos on January 3, 2017 9:24AM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remove impen as a trait and add it as a part of battle spirit since thats all its useful for and replace it with a new trait.

Cut procs dmg by half in pvp content duels and cyrodill. But keep the crits.