The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Bring back 8m impulse.

• Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Make impulse great again. (Buff magicka sorc!)
    I see no problem with 8m increase as long as the damage is not increased on it. But i think we should have ground oil as well. But this time it should be fixed so its a AP purchase bomb that has a 10m expanding circle and explosion 20k damage. if the player drops it and doesn't get out in time they die too.
    Call it a oil sack. Make sure you can drop them from stealth so the nightblades can stealth into a siege line and drop them all over the place and in 20 seconds the fields ignite in fire killing entire raids as the siege doors and walls. No caps on the number you can drop either so make them like 400 AP each. And give them a 70% snare so there is no hope of getting out of it, oh and make sure CP effects the damage so they can get up to 70K damage on explosion.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Death to all impulse monkey spammers. I want Sap essence on my death recap instead.
    Explicitly excluding Burning Talons from the 8m club?

No from me then.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I saw someone the other week run into a group and try and impulse them down like it was launch, needless to say it didn't work very well and I almost died laughing when I saw it.

@IxSTALKERxI It was Anonymous Elf wasn't it.

Docmandu wrote: »
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    A buff to impulse isn't just the right way to go, the foundations of the destruction staff tree needs to be looked at in general, its other abilities and passives.

But that is what (supposedly) this next update is partially about. The balance between Stamina and Magicka.

You know what will happen though, don't you... they'll dump the next "balance" patch on us, probably creating more issues than fixing, then ignore our feedback and promise to fix it in the next patch 3-5 months later.

Good thing we all have Stockholm syndrome along with the good friends and frenemies that still play.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Sanct16
      Sanct16
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Derra wrote: »
      Why tallons should be at laughable 6m radius when sorc root is 16x6m?
      8m impulse was OP: first cast is actually damage+health reduction, for 30k target it's ~6k instant non-crit damage, too much to be 8m radius.

Because talons covers an area of 113m² ingame whereas the sorc root covers only 96m² ingame.

Also the sorc root has no secondary effects like dmg reduction. The dmg morph deals no dmg when dodged out of. The whole spell is dodgeable by simply moving sideways because of the animation delay.
      nvm.
      Edited by Sanct16 on January 1, 2017 3:28AM
      - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
      AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
      EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
      AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
      AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
      EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
      AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
      AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
      EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
      EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
      DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
      DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    2. Tower_Of_Shame
      Tower_Of_Shame
      ✭✭✭✭
      Sanct16 wrote: »
      8m impulse was OP: first cast is actually damage+health reduction, for 30k target it's ~6k instant non-crit damage, too much to be 8m radius.

Because talons covers an area of 113m² ingame whereas the sorc root covers only 96m² ingame.

Also the sorc root has no secondary effects like dmg reduction. The dmg morph deals no dmg when dodged out of. The whole spell is dodgeable by simply moving sideways because of the animation delay.

@Derra
      Talons cover 36 m², not 113. Encase is way better than Talons for rooting purposes imo.

r² *PI, any of this ring a bell?
    3. Sanct16
      Sanct16
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

@Derra
      Talons cover 36 m², not 113. Encase is way better than Talons for rooting purposes imo.

oh I'm ***, right. Shouldn't write while being in bed.
      - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
      AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
      EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
      AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
      AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
      EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
      AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
      AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
      EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
      EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
      DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
      DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    4. Tower_Of_Shame
      Tower_Of_Shame
      ✭✭✭✭

@Derra

on the other hand I also agree, that encase is better, since with dk u have to be inside the blob, while with the sorc u can still stand outside and spam it, like bombard, which got nerfed to the ground :D
    5. Master_Kas
      Master_Kas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

@Derra

on the other hand I also agree, that encase is better, since with dk u have to be inside the blob, while with the sorc u can still stand outside and spam it, like bombard, which got nerfed to the ground :D

Cmon. MagDK is back. Talons is much better :trollface:
      EU | PC
    6. Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Master_Kas wrote: »

@Derra

Why is this even a discussion?

Talons is the better tool for anything but large grps. By far - not even a contest.

Encase is the only root left that is utilizeable in large grps. It´s not that the spell is good - there are just no alternatives anymore.

Atleast that´s my opinion.
      <Noricum>
      I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
      Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

7. iseko
      iseko
      ✭✭✭✭

Then impulse is also good since it also covers area of 113m², yup? It doesn't matter what area ability cover cause we're talking about PvP usability, but not about how much water can be placed in covered zone.

Impuls = talons?

I´d take talons over impuls any day of the week.

The sorc root is a tool almost exclusively used by larger groups - talons compared to that is a basic spell slotted by every magDK ever. There´s a reason for that.

Because DK has no gap closer. Need to keep people rooted or they run away. Also encase is harder to aim then talons.
    8. Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      iseko wrote: »

Then impulse is also good since it also covers area of 113m², yup? It doesn't matter what area ability cover cause we're talking about PvP usability, but not about how much water can be placed in covered zone.

Impuls = talons?

I´d take talons over impuls any day of the week.

The sorc root is a tool almost exclusively used by larger groups - talons compared to that is a basic spell slotted by every magDK ever. There´s a reason for that.

Because DK has no gap closer. Need to keep people rooted or they run away. Also encase is harder to aim then talons.

I´d use talons even if i had a gapcloser as DK ._.
      <Noricum>

9. Joy_Division
      Joy_Division
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@Derra

Talons is the better tool for anything but large grps. By far - not even a contest.

Encase is the only root left that is utilizeable in large grps. It´s not that the spell is good - there are just no alternatives anymore.

It's a discussion probably because the skill Impulse is pretty much irrelevant in ESO and boring to talk about.

If Encase actually functioned consistently with ESO's mechanics (meaning it's an AoE and can't be dodged, cloaked, evasioned, or otherwise avoided), I would prefer it over talons.
    10. Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@Derra

It's a discussion probably because the skill Impulse is pretty much irrelevant in ESO and boring to talk about.

If Encase actually functioned consistently with ESO's mechanics (meaning it's an AoE and can't be dodged, cloaked, evasioned, or otherwise avoided), I would prefer it over talons.

It has no effect when used on a dodging character because dodging is the "breakfree" animation for the CC applied of encase.

If it wasn´t dodgeable it would hardcounter it´s CC break which would make it ridiculously op. That would be the same as knockbacks doubleccing you in breakfree animation... oh wait. :P
      <Noricum>