The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bring back 8m impulse.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Make impulse great again. (Buff magicka sorc!)
    So you´d slot impuls over deep breath on a DK?

@Etaniel can you give some insight on that thought process on the previous page? :neutral:
    Edited by Derra on December 26, 2016 12:43PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is way to screwed up and imbalanced right now to make this kind of PvP balance changes. I want to see a bunch of sets and skills nerfed right now.

Buffing Impulse just sounds odd. I'm not sure tbh.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Death to all impulse monkey spammers. I want Sap essence on my death recap instead.
    Derra wrote: »

@Etaniel can you give some insight on that thought process on the previous page? :neutral:
    Cause wearing destro without it's cheesy as *** ulti doesn't cost it, also i run solo
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cause wearing destro without it's cheesy as *** ulti doesn't cost it, also i run solo

So the destro staff skillline isn´t attractive enough - but making the skillline more attractive by buffing it´s active skills is also a bad idea?
    ?
    Edited by Derra on December 26, 2016 1:22PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I simply can't play without deep breath
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Death to all impulse monkey spammers. I want Sap essence on my death recap instead.

So the destro staff skillline isn´t attractive enough - but making the skillline more attractive by buffing it´s active skills is also a bad idea?
    ?
    Actually, half of things what i said was about pulsar morph, my bad to not recheck.
    8 meters to impulse as morph effect shouldn't break anything.

And no, i'm not against destro buff, some of it's passives must be revisited, like additional penetration should be applied to all skills while wearing it(maybe lesser value, to make it near 5% boost of 2H & DW), not only to destro line.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 26, 2016 1:36PM
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Def would love to see Impulse back.
    TBH, even with 8m radius it won't be viable.
    Would love to see some changes to make it more interesting.
    Soris wrote: »
    We need Columba in this thread.

QFT
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

I simply can't play without deep breath

Pretty much. Its our best heal.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Impulse used to be the go to aoe because of the dot and the augmented chance of ulti generation implied. At least that's why i had it on dk at the time
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Impulse used to be the go to aoe because of the dot and the augmented chance of ulti generation implied. At least that's why i had it on dk at the time

This basically. Initial damage = 1ulti, dot = 1ulti, burning proc = 1ulti.

I just find it funny that there are skills that do more damage, have larger range, and add empower or in sap's case both heal you and give you major sorcery. You can't even compare impulse to sap right now because putting the two next to each other you can see impulse is complete garbage. Even with identical ranges it doesn't come close to being as good, but maybe then you could use pulsar morph on a sorc, maybe.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »
    Can I get my 11m Steel tornado back too? :p

No
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GIVE ME BACK MY IMPULSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and for those DK's out there who think I forgot about your 6m talons, I didn't. Talons is a very powerful root and so should stay at 6m imo.
    Impulse is a very powerful AoE, so it should stay 6m imo

No offense, but the first part of this statement is utterly wrong. So wrong in fact, I got to call it out.

Impulse is NOT a very powerful AOE. It is, mechanically and from an efficiency standpoint, the worst AOE in the game.

The OP should also include the DK skill Inhale in the first post to make this crystal clear, Impulse is so bad that unless you are a sorcerer you are gimping your build for using it (and even then, I do not use Impulse on my Sorcerer for Trials trash - the skill is that bad).

Class based AoEs have a 78% greater area coverage.
    Class based AoEs have a strong secondary function; I get more healing out of Inhale than a templar gets from Breath of Life (meanwhile Impulse's weak DoT overlaps with itself)
    Class based AoEs don't force me to use a terrible weapon (even if the ultimate is OP, the weapon is still terrible)
    Class based AoEs have useful class passives associated with them.
    Hell, it's better just to heavy attack with a lightning staff.

It's a functionally bad skill that only lives on in traumatized memories of a version of the game that has been long since dead.
    Edited by Joy_Division on December 26, 2016 3:53PM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sap doesn't do as much dmg because it also heals the caster. Can no be dodged.
    Steel tornado although at a good range and decent damage and can't be negated... Can also be dodged.

Impulse at 6m is a little rough... But for damage, that comes with extra destro line penetration, a DoT, lowering max health, is undodgeable, and is of the same skill line as the most powerful ult in the game... Which is also undodgeable, destro pen. Impulse would be a little too over the top of expanded by 2m in every direction.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The impulse nerf was to help counter Magicka's absolute supremacy. Magicka is still strong, especially in terms of ultimates, but it is not the only way to play the game anymore, and the weapon AoE attack does not need to be a mere 5 meters any longer.Buffing the range a little will make it a more competitive choice, I feel.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    A buff to impulse isn't just the right way to go, the foundations of the destruction staff tree needs to be looked at in general, its other abilities and passives.

But that is what (supposedly) this next update is partially about. The balance between Stamina and Magicka.

You know what will happen though, don't you... they'll dump the next "balance" patch on us, probably creating more issues than fixing, then ignore our feedback and promise to fix it in the next patch 3-5 months later.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    JDar wrote: »
    Sap Essence is one of the few reasons magblades are viable in group play now

Nightblades have +8% max magicka, +10% crit damage and minor berserk, in addition to being one of 2 classes that has a viable spammable magicka AoE that can be used on a dual wield bar. They also have access to the most powerful CC in the game (fear)

All this together makes them the only logical choice for damage in PvP group play atm.

Giving other classes access to a viable spammable magicka AoE again would not make NBs less viable at all (theyd still hit the hardest by far)... it would simply mean people arent totally gimping their groups if they bring anything besides magblades for damage. Would be a good change that would lead to more variety imo.

magic nb brings the least utility to a group, bringing only magic nb would really hurt you
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone use the other morph at all ? I think that it needs to be looked at .
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and for those DK's out there who think I forgot about your 6m talons, I didn't. Talons is a very powerful root and so should stay at 6m imo.

No offense, but the first part of this statement is utterly wrong. So wrong in fact, I got to call it out.

Impulse is NOT a very powerful AOE. It is, mechanically and from an efficiency standpoint, the worst AOE in the game.

The OP should also include the DK skill Inhale in the first post to make this crystal clear, Impulse is so bad that unless you are a sorcerer you are gimping your build for using it (and even then, I do not use Impulse on my Sorcerer for Trials trash - the skill is that bad).

Class based AoEs have a strong secondary function; I get more healing out of Inhale than a templar gets from Breath of Life (meanwhile Impulse's weak DoT overlaps with itself)
    Class based AoEs don't force me to use a terrible weapon (even if the ultimate is OP, the weapon is still terrible)

It's a functionally bad skill that only lives on in traumatized memories of a version of the game that has been long since dead.
    that was tec2af4_SarcasmSign.jpg
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »

Nightblades have +8% max magicka, +10% crit damage and minor berserk, in addition to being one of 2 classes that has a viable spammable magicka AoE that can be used on a dual wield bar. They also have access to the most powerful CC in the game (fear)

All this together makes them the only logical choice for damage in PvP group play atm.

Giving other classes access to a viable spammable magicka AoE again would not make NBs less viable at all (theyd still hit the hardest by far)... it would simply mean people arent totally gimping their groups if they bring anything besides magblades for damage. Would be a good change that would lead to more variety imo.

magic nb brings the least utility to a group, bringing only magic nb would really hurt you

Bringing only mag nb for damage would not be bad. You can just have other players in group that provide the missing utility, but for damage anything not mag nb is less effective with stam sorc actually really close though.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that was tec2af4_SarcasmSign.jpg

You voted No. How exactly am I supposed to be able to know you are being sarcastic?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can vouch for that.

I've beaten vMoL and have ran many, many trials. For AoE situation where 3+ adds are present of equal strength (none need to be focused) I place down Liquid Lightning and Blockade of Fire and then Shock Staff Heavy Sttack w/ weaved Velocious Curses in between channels. High damage, gives back resources, and no need to slot that weak Impulse skill that's only there as an extra DoT for Winterborn builds nowadays.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 Meter talons. Do it.
    :]
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For pure AoE damage bombblades are unbeatable. Of course youll also want some players on different specs for support and utility, but not for AoE damage specifically
    Edited by Valencer on December 26, 2016 10:53PM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure..... Make chumpulse great again. Whoops, my fingers got fat over the holiday and slipped on my keyboard. I mean impulse. But only under one condition. IF COLUMBA RETURNS TO THE GAME!
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭

So a strong AOE that can proc transmutation, a Spamable CC like fear, crazy ult gen (barriers, warhorn, lights champion ect) and inflated stats is the least utility for a group?
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    didnt they lower the dmage on it too? it doesnt hit for much in cyro
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Bringing only mag nb for damage would not be bad.
    Mano is obviously trying to troll stalker....
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Bringing only mag nb for damage would not be bad.
    Mano is obviously trying to troll stalker....

10 stealthy's/zyks/paul's in group >:)

gimme
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just give me my flashes back and get rid of the stupid beam and the destro bombs would go bye-bye. I miss large aoe mag abilities that worked...on a templar
    Edited by PenguinInACan on December 27, 2016 6:09AM
    Marek