The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Top 5 Most Difficult Veteran Dungeons?

Emothic
Emothic
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know what are the top 5 most difficult and hardest dungeons to beat on Veteran mode?
Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The top 5 hardest vet dungeons are relatively easy to choose:
    • Ruins of Mazzatun
    • Imperial City Prison
    • Cradle of Shadows
    • White Gold Tower
    • City of Ash II

You could argue about the order of those 5 but I can't think of any other dungeon that comes to the overall difficulty of these. Choosing the next 5 hardest would be a little more difficult though...

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on December 31, 2016 1:46PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The top 5 hardest vet dungeons are relatively easy to choose:
    • Ruins of Mazzatun
    • Imperial City Prison
    • Cradle of Shadows
    • White Gold Tower
    • City of Ash II

You could argue about the order of those 5 but I can't think of any other dungeon that comes to the overall difficulty of these. Choosing the next 5 hardest would be a little more difficult though...

Personally, I'd swap vICP and vCoS in that list:

Ruins, Cradle, Prison, Tower, CoA2

(And for normal mode, I'd place Cradle ahead of Ruins.)

But yes, the candidates for the top 5 are pretty much the same on everyone's list.
    Edited by code65536 on December 31, 2016 2:10PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will cathegorise my list after the difficulties after mechanics, some dungeons are easely resolved by high dps.

#1 Ruins of Mazzatun: No other dungeon really comes close to be honest. And hardmode on this dungeon is a pain in the ass, even with a good group. This dungeon requires some sort of communication through Teamspeak, Discord or similliar. All bosses have mechanics that everyone needs to be aware and involved with in order to succesfully complete.

#2 Cradle of Shadows: Oh boy did I wipe a lot the first times doing this dungeon. Almost all bosses have some sort of mechanic that needs to be dealt with (you can´t just dps race all bosses). Last boss on Hardmode you rely somewhat on RNG when you shall pick the correct door. You need to be extremely aware about your surroundings, avoid the orbs and the "almost 1 shoot" from the statue (if activating hardmode).

#3 Imperial City Prison: Aside from the last boss on hardmode, the dungeon itself doesn´t contain a lot of difficult mechanics to keep in mind. Most of the bosses mechanics can be ignored by high dps. The difficulties is to communicate during Lord warden boss fight when going into the portals (only 2 players can go into each portal).

#4 White Gold Tower: 1 bossfight is especially difficult compared to the others, and that´s the Planar inhibitor. This mechanics on this boss can also be "ignored" a little by putting out a lot of dps. Molag Kena doesn´t have very difficult mechanics. The difficulties here is to be aware of your surroundings since some mechanics can 1 shoot you.

#5 City of Ash 2: While the dungeon itself isn´t that hard it requires good dps. Most bosses becomes a hell lot easier with good dps. Hard mode here is perhaps the purest of dps-races in the game. Final boss requires some enviromental awareness, but nothing a new player doing it for the first time won´t get in a few tries.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I will cathegorise my list after the difficulties after mechanics, some dungeons are easely resolved by high dps.

#1 Ruins of Mazzatun: No other dungeon really comes close to be honest. And hardmode on this dungeon is a pain in the ass, even with a good group. This dungeon requires some sort of communication through Teamspeak, Discord or similliar. All bosses have mechanics that everyone needs to be aware and involved with in order to succesfully complete.

#2 Cradle of Shadows: Oh boy did I wipe a lot the first times doing this dungeon. Almost all bosses have some sort of mechanic that needs to be dealt with (you can´t just dps race all bosses). Last boss on Hardmode you rely somewhat on RNG when you shall pick the correct door. You need to be extremely aware about your surroundings, avoid the orbs and the "almost 1 shoot" from the statue (if activating hardmode).

#3 Imperial City Prison: Aside from the last boss on hardmode, the dungeon itself doesn´t contain a lot of difficult mechanics to keep in mind. Most of the bosses mechanics can be ignored by high dps. The difficulties is to communicate during Lord warden boss fight when going into the portals (only 2 players can go into each portal).

#4 White Gold Tower: 1 bossfight is especially difficult compared to the others, and that´s the Planar inhibitor. This mechanics on this boss can also be "ignored" a little by putting out a lot of dps. Molag Kena doesn´t have very difficult mechanics. The difficulties here is to be aware of your surroundings since some mechanics can 1 shoot you.

#5 City of Ash 2: While the dungeon itself isn´t that hard it requires good dps. Most bosses becomes a hell lot easier with good dps. Hard mode here is perhaps the purest of dps-races in the game. Final boss requires some enviromental awareness, but nothing a new player doing it for the first time won´t get in a few tries.

With high enough DPS, you can skip the portal phases in vICP. The boss does splits at 66 and 33%, and the timer for the Darklight Burst is reset each time he splits. So if you can push him to 66, 33, and of course 0% before he Darklights, you can completely ignore the portal mechanic. Build ulti during the split phase, and ulti-bomb him as soon as he rematerializes from a split.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

With high enough DPS, you can skip the portal phases in vICP. The boss does splits at 66 and 33%, and the timer for the Darklight Burst is reset each time he splits. So if you can push him to 66, 33, and of course 0% before he Darklights, you can completely ignore the portal mechanic. Build ulti during the split phase, and ulti-bomb him as soon as he rematerializes from a split.

That´s correct but since Lord Warden doesn´t stand still a lot it´s difficult to go high dps in him. Even if the tank have taunt on him he moves around the area a lot. So if you have 2 melee dd´s it´s very difficult to ignore the portal mechanic :)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That´s correct but since Lord Warden doesn´t stand still a lot it´s difficult to go high dps in him. Even if the tank have taunt on him he moves around the area a lot. So if you have 2 melee dd´s it´s very difficult to ignore the portal mechanic :)

Yea, it's a bit easier to do with ranged DPS. I've done it with 2x range and 1x range and 1x melee. It would be annoying with 2x melee, I'd imagine.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

The timer isn't reset as far as I know. Mostly when we burst him to 66 before he does it, he does it almost immediately after he comes back. I think it depends in the number of portals he put down.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA