The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

561?

Captain8504
Captain8504
✭✭✭
Just wondering how do people get to max level so quickly. I grind all the popular spots and seem like I'm not making any progress.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quickly is relative took me years OP.
    Play for fun and use xp buffs (scrolls, potions w/e) and the CPs will be coming in rapidly.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *so quickly and with so many L2P issues from grinding such easy content over and over.

Even if you spend all your day killing overland mobs and doing the quests from that zone you will make > 200K XP/hour just wearing training gear. Grinding on purpose is probably 500K-1M XP/hour. Some use XP potion on top of that.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be easier, fewer people and no one tamriel.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because you are grinding that you are making no progress. Get to around 200 CP, do normal trials and non-DLC Vet dungeons. Get to 300 and try some DLC dungeons and do some PvP. At 400, try your hand at vMA and vet trials. Do PvP as well. Do some questing to relax and the occasional heists and sacraments. Before you know, you will be max CP and a good player, not a faker who can't do basic stuff at 561 CP.
    Edited by susmitds on December 30, 2016 12:56PM
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    I just hit 200 cp the other night.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enlightenment and festivals make a big difference: cropsford quest no boosts at all approx 11k XP, festival 22k XP, enlightenment? I get 89k (freakin a look at that!) From that exact same quest.

Then... you could add the double XP scroll,

Seriously that enlightenment is massive. I had a couple of weeks where I played exactly when enlightenment kicked in and would finish up right when I ran out. If you can manage that, you're in game time is gonna be hella efficient
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like the speed that people level now is really part of the whole "im cp____ and got kicked from group". So many people just grind to a decent cp and never really learn the character or rotations. They grind then slop on an alcast build and think theyre ready for anything. It rolls downhill to the poor player that has been playing for months knows his character and skill set well and gets kicked from a group because the stigma of low cp players is around.

The grind from 1-50 used to be real, i learned my character, didnt have alts. The grind from vr1 -14 was a pain in the...but again, learned my character.

A guy in my guild bought his wife a separate ps4 so they could play at the same time...he grinded a new account up to lvl 50 and then over 200cp in just this festival alone...

TLDR...just play, let the levels come, grind some, quest some, learn your character
    "Scissors is in a good place right now but Paper is way OP"-Rock
    "Rock is in a good place right now but Scissors is way OP"-Paper
    "Paper is in a good place right now but Rock is way OP"-Scissors
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    It used to be easier, fewer people and no one tamriel.

^

I actually cannot believe Vivec's antlers is crowded.
  • AlwaysOnFire
    AlwaysOnFire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just maxed out CP a few days ago, playing a few hours a day with a friend for about half a year. Maybe it's an unpopular opinion because so many people perceive that champion rank as proving competence, but I would recommend to take your time? Rocketing to the end really doesn't change anything significant other than what number others see when they look at you.

By the time one accumulates so much EXP anyway, they have several-times-over the skill points for just about any build they desire so some time to get great at a selected one can't hurt. Anyone calls you a n00b, just pop 'em.
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    I guess my problem is I work a lot. So, I maybe get to squeeze about 20 hours a week in if I'm lucky.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first it's not all that fast, but that depends on how much you play. I haven't seen anyone go from 0 to 561 overnight. I know people who were 250-ish last year who just reached 561 during New Life, and they're around way more than I am.

I hit CP 561 at some point a few days ago, playing a character I made back in September 2015, usually playing on weekends and evenings with a friend... depending on how much work has worn us out. Neither of us have the patience to grind hordes of monsters for levels. We do quests and occasionally go to war, and recently we finished normal group dungeons as a pair. And of course we took advantage of the Witches and New Life Festivals. But I think it's the quests that make the most difference.

The best advice I can give is take your time and do something you like, whether it's daily quests, storylines, dungeons, bosses, or war. :smiley: Once you hit 160, you're golden as far as crafting and items drops go, and that makes the rest easier. The only difference between 561 and 160 is more champion points to spend, which are really great to have, but they're just one aspect of character building.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no need to rush and grind.

I reached CP561 a few weeks ago, and have been playing for a bit over a year. I had the opportunity to really learn my character during that time, and I am grateful for that.

If you want to speed it up a little, of course, take advantage of the xp boosts from the festivals, take advantage of your enlightenment because that makes a huge difference, and I enjoy just running a random normal once a day as well. (Level 50 plus enlightened plus festival xp boost means you earn 800k xp for finishing the activity right now).

Achievements also give you more xp than you think. In my last week of earning spendable CP I got two different veteran dungeon achievements for killing X number of Y and it was enough xp from each to finish off my current CP plus earn the next one.

You will get there. No grinding needed.
    I have danced Redguard, and killed lots of wildlife to build a full CP160 medium armor set, but that's the only grinding I have done in this game. :)
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took menearly a year to reach max CP, didn´t really grind to get CP. One day I was at max cp. Just do the content and you´ll be at max CP eventionally.