The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What new crafted sets would you like to see? How should existing ones be changed?

Adenoma
Adenoma
✭✭✭✭✭
Besides a few crafted sets like Twice Born Star, Seducer, Magnus (not 5 piece), Kagrenac's, Hunding's, Julianos, etc. there are many crafted sets that aren't particularly viable relative to things like drop sets. What changes to existing sets or which new sets would you like to see that would both make crafting more relevant and crafted sets more competitive?

I'm really looking forward to new crafted sets and I think that there's some exciting room to build around ability-specific buffs in 5 pieces, somewhat like vMA or Masters weapons.
Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make morkuldin better and I'm happy.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think since the OT update crafted sets need a little love. A think a good half of crafted sets could use anything from a minor tweak to a major update. Some have been pretty useless since the beginning and some have just fallen out of use from all the better options now available. Being able to craft Necklaces/Rings would add a lot of build options.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that jewelry crafting opens a ton of build diversity. I also really hope that we will see crafted jewelry soon.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Stormwalker
    Stormwalker
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe add 6 and 7 piece bonuses to some (all?) crafted sets but require 9 traits researched to be able to craft pieces with these bonuses.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    See sig for longer list but...

I want the ability to craft and drop one of the 234pc bonuse.
    This gives you a 4pc set creation unique to crafting.
    I dont want jewels, likely used mostly tp up drops quality and doubt we will see it.
    I dont want trait chg for drops. Leave grind for drips vs craft for choice as a difference.
    I want unique crafting capability and more freedom (remove lower cap on mats).

I am for vast incease in cosmetic options. Specifically divorce it from material. Let you choose appeance from current mat type or lower.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think for the most part I want proc nerfs rather than crafting buffs.
    Basically I feel crafted sets should be stats, straight up superior stats to dropped sets.

I want spinners to be carfted set not a dropped set.

I want "interesting" 5 piece bonuses for crafted sets to be very specific for specific stratgies... like clever alchemist but with something of a cycle.

"When you deal AoE Fire damage you now do bonus fire damage on your next ability. (With a balanced cooldown) for MagDK.
    Edited by Narvuntien on December 24, 2016 5:12PM
  • byrdmanwes
    byrdmanwes
    ✭✭
    What I'd like to see is be able research dropped sets. Similar to how you would research traits. Then you could turn around, with the right amount traits, make the set you want but also in the set you want.
    Breton Templar Healer-AD
    Redgaurd Stamina Sorcerer Tank-AD
    Dark elf Magic Dragonknight DPS-AD
    Imperial Dragon knight Tank-EP
    Nord Blazing Shield Templar-DC
    GT: Mr Byrdman86
    CP: 600
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A magic version of NMG.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I agree that jewelry crafting opens a ton of build diversity. I also really hope that we will see crafted jewelry soon.

I hope they don´t implement jewelcrafting. You´re right that it would create a lot of build diversity. But there´ll be a huge backside to this. If people think that there´s broken combinations of sets now (especially pvp), it will be nothing compared to how it will be if jewelcrafting is implemented (if jewelcrafting is added to all already existing craftable sets). If jewelcrafting is to be implemented, it has to be for new sets, not already existing ones.

My general perception about jewelcrafting is that people want it since you could create your own jewels in the Elder scrolls game. I can see the fun in that, but build diversity has a price, and the question is if people/players are ready to pay that price.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I hope they don´t implement jewelcrafting. You´re right that it would create a lot of build diversity. But there´ll be a huge backside to this. If people think that there´s broken combinations of sets now (especially pvp), it will be nothing compared to how it will be if jewelcrafting is implemented (if jewelcrafting is added to all already existing craftable sets). If jewelcrafting is to be implemented, it has to be for new sets, not already existing ones.

My general perception about jewelcrafting is that people want it since you could create your own jewels in the Elder scrolls game. I can see the fun in that, but build diversity has a price, and the question is if people/players are ready to pay that price.
    I disagree. After all the drop sets got jewelry, we already have that "brokenness", and there is no such fear any longer. Jewelry crafting only lifts crafted sets on par with drops.

I'd like to see some new special sets having only 1, 2 set bonus (not 3, 4, 5) to augment 5+5+1/2 builds with crafted weapons. We have now only DSA, MA weapons with 1 bonus, but no crafted alternatives.

And of course brush up the outdated craftsets.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides a few crafted sets like Twice Born Star, Seducer, Magnus (not 5 piece), Kagrenac's, Hunding's, Julianos, etc. there are many crafted sets that aren't particularly viable relative to things like drop sets.
    The grass is not greener on the other side.

Someone could make the same argument, "Besides a few dropped sets like VO, IA, BSW, etc. there are many dropped sets that aren't particularly viable for anything." The vast majority of dropped sets are automatic decon/vendor trash. Of course, there are more dropped sets overall...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting is a big issue and the pro and con statements made are imo correct and a compromise might be to allow jewelry upgrades to be made.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting is a big issue and the pro and con statements made are imo correct and a compromise might be to allow jewelry upgrades to be made.

Actually, i think jewel upgrades is the main reason for many wanting jewel craft. Right now the quality of jewels is locked behing vet v hard content. If you can get blue jewel and upgrade, lot easier.

While i agree jewels seems appealing, i want unique ability drops cannot do and to me 4pc crafted sets dropping a 234 bonus is the way to go for much more diversity.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see a stamina set with a magicka boost 5 piece. Like a heavy set.
    2P(max stamina)
    3P(stamina recovery)
    4P(weapon damage)
    5P(increases max stamina by 1000 and 50% to restore 500 magicka when damaged. 1 second cool down.)

If this set was heavy. It would be perfect but it's light.
    6SNKueU.jpg
    Edited by ArgonianAustin on December 26, 2016 7:01PM
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle