Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "That's a Wrap on 2016!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
9c108eff52b351d8138259998d0855cd.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "That's a Wrap on 2016!" As we near the end of 2016, Game Director Matt Firor looks back on everything we've accomplished this year for ESO.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "we will work on ESO for as long as there is a community like you to play the game, live in Tamriel with us, and partner with us for good times far into the future."

Please take the community into more consideration when it comes to the crown store. Everyone understands that you need to make money to create new content for the game, but alot of people are thinking that greed is overtaking your concern for a happy player base, and i'm not even talking about just the expensive limited time sale mounts or crown crates. The most frustrating thing you did this year in my opinion is the fact you put the barber shop with the vanilla customization items behind a 1k crown paywall. Putting something as simple as that as that as an in game feature would actually add some progression goals outside of just cp (and soon housing) if you made a face change cost 100k gold.

Overall, i'm very happy with what you did content wise this year (pvp town capture was a lazy dissapointment though),
    i'm mostly just sad with the direction you are taking the crown store in. Hoping for better things in 2017.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on December 22, 2016 5:53PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, none of this success would be possible without you, the community. We appreciate everything you do for us, from simply playing the game to livestreaming, from leading guilds to letting us know what you think. Most importantly, spreading the word about ESO to your friends.

I am having a hard time feeling OK with recommending this game to people with the current direction of the crown store. Especially after today's Elk mount.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need a preview of 2017 more than we need a recap of 2016. We know what happened during 2016. We were there. Thanks in advance.
    Edited by Pandorii on December 22, 2016 6:21PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give me incentives to invite friends. I do recommend the game a lot, but there really should be an invite-a-friend system in place.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    No offense, but I think we need a preview of 2017 more than we need a recap of 2016. We know what happened during 2016. We were there. Thanks in advance.

No offense, but they've stated several times that more episodes of "ESO Live" and "The Road Ahead" would be coming in the beginning of the new year
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Of course, none of this success would be possible without you, the community. We appreciate everything you do for us, from simply playing the game to livestreaming, from leading guilds to letting us know what you think. Most importantly, spreading the word about ESO to your friends.

I am having a hard time feeling OK with recommending this game to people with the current direction of the crown store. Especially after today's Elk mount.

So you can simply not recommend the whole game because of some silly crown store item? Jesus get a grip people.

Think it has been a very good year for ESO and love the new content. And really lookforward to see what will come next year :)
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This year has been great for ESO; the expansions have been great and I've enjoyed the new content as well as the old throughout 2016 (finally became Emperor last month after trying forever so that was a nice note to end the year on). I'm looking forward to Homestead DLC and hopefully more DLC like Orsinium (crossing my fingers that we will see that in the form of Vvardenfell). Thanks for a great year ZOS!
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good, good. Now exact date of pts plese.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent several minutes reading plenty of lies, i want those minutes back.
    PC EU
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that was just a bunch of cliche'd phrases. Thanks, i guess.
    Edited by Niaver on December 22, 2016 8:39PM
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    popcorn.gif
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game itself is lots of fun. Glad I can still play without spending any new money.

(Crown store pricing is getting out of hand.)
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    I musta missed the part where further decimating PVP was mentioned
    Buff Soft Caps
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I think we need a preview of 2017 more than we need a recap of 2016. We know what happened during 2016.
    Similar sentiment.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mostly a good year, didn't like the cryptic we will have to wait till later in 2017 to know what's coming comment... We know what's coming, Vvardenfell, lets start hyping it!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of piling on more stuff, how about spending some time to fix age old super annoying bugs that remain to this date.
    Also being a bit quicker with fixes to serious imbalance issues would be more than welcome.

Current state: can't recommend to friends.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Zeni accomplished to get scam crates, $45 mounts, tons of bugs etc in the game for sure. And proc sets...
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly have a very hard time recommending ESO to my friends.

It's like a huge park full of really amazing statues, but unfortunately they have this really disgusting slimy green stuff all over them, there are weeds growing everywhere and it generally looks rather unattended. There is some staff walking around, but they don't seem like they do anything in front of visitors. Every few month they put up new statues and extend the park with walled off areas which require a separate ticket for each one, but they do not attend to the older areas and statues which are getting worse and worse because of the construction work and growing weeds.

When you ask them what's up with the park or point out a problem, they will either just flee without saying a word, tell you it will take until the next area is finished before it can be cleaned up, or if you are just asking them about the litter that the construction workers dropped, they will tell you that it will be cleaned up next week or maybe the week after. The rest of their time they spend putting up new and more expensive stuff in the huge and evergrowing merchandise shop at the entrance, while pointing out that they are not part of the park experience and will never be.

There is also this exclusive club for regular visitors, but besides a few coupons for the merchandise shop every now and then (way to few to get a fair share of the new wares), a ridiculously huge bag (which is admittedly great if you like to pick flowers) and free access to all of the new areas (which is retracted once you leave the club), there is not much that invites for regular visits.

I like hanging out in the park because there are a lot of great people there and I am a club member because I know that the statues are great pieces of art and I would hate to see them go away, but I just can't say "hey, come and visit" to my friends, because it just doesn't look all that great if you visit it only once. I tried several times in the past and it failed every time.

What I am still waiting for is that the staff actually starts caring about the state of the park and removes the weed and litter and polishes the statues until they shine, so I can go and tell my friends about.

That's what I hope for since beta and what I hope will happen next year.
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "blah blah blah PR blah recap blah We'll talk a lot more about the amazing new things that are coming to ESO as early as we can in the new year."

How early is early? Give me a date and I'll get excited. Because for me, 'as early as we can' would be January 2nd, or January 3rd if we assume ZOS moves holidays that fall on a Sunday to the next Monday as many companies do. But I suspect Mr. Firor means several weeks into January. I would be happy to be proven wrong, of course.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The recap is good, enjoy it for what it is? It's disappointing to see complaints all the time about what things aren't. It's nice to have a summation of just what was done and released over the last year to realised that in mmo-terms there's been quite a lot of content added. Blogs of course will be coming soon about what's to come in the future (Matt's already said that himself, and just in this blog article again), but a few days before Christmas is not the time to be realising such.

The Thieves Guild and One Tamriel was the highlight for me this year. I'm really looking forward to Homestead next year. Also extremely interested to see the beginning of the new main story arch in the game. Really hope there's a new oblivion realm to explore.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While i have many complaints as many of us do i still love ESO enough to play it everyday and spemd too much time on this forum if i cant.

I do think focus should be on fixing long standing issues and optimize performance no big overhauls of anything before the its fixed. Please fix pvp asap its really not even fun anymore but thats just my opinion.

Thx for reading <3
    Edited by pattyLtd on December 22, 2016 10:48PM
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti wrote: »
    I spent several minutes reading plenty of lies, i want those minutes back.

Really? Took you several minutes to read that? :D
    Edited by SanTii.92 on December 23, 2016 12:37AM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay thank you.

To be 100% honest, I can't really say that I liked this year in ESO. I still recommend it to people, although I let them know about the addition of RNG Boxes because I would feel bad if I didn't warn them.

But at least the first semester of the year was nice. Before the whole crate mess, you know. I enjoyed DB and TG, some of the new characters are really good, and it was great when people datamined Vvardenfell although you are really taking your sweet time to make an official reveal.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would give this year a solid 3.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got really excited, of all things, about the introduction of the Craft Bag and Costume Dyeing. I'm a very aesthetic gamer, gotta look good. I've unlocked the majority of dyes for Armor/Costumes. The whole Crown Crate scheme is sad, but it is what it is... Hope to see more full blown content next year, Wrothgar sized.

But anyway, cheers ZOS and community. Happy holidays and happy new year (Soon TM) to you all, and best wishes for a successful 2017 with good, correct priorities for The Elder Scrolls Online.
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are some of your favorite ESO memories from 2016?
    I wanted to leave the game permanently, but I realized that this calmness that comes from this game I miss it, and came back. The one tamriel update is awesome, the feeling of freedom is good.

What are you looking forward to in 2017?
    New and bigger contents :) bigger meant we have lot of things to do, more than in 2016, I hope.

Happy holidays and happy new year!
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "We're sorry, the page you're looking for cannot be found". That's what I get when I click on Jessica's link. Does that sum up 2016?
    Edited by Ashtaris on December 23, 2016 5:33AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Indeed why let others feel bitter about emotional investment. Is possible to sell you açcount.. I mean what do you think a 600 + CP and 2 million gold. Can I afford a fresh start? Someone recommend me game thats reasonable? Maybe finding Santa Pikachu is not a bad idea. I mean even with their questionable business practices they know the spirit of Christmas.

#LetMeVent #GrayChristmas #ZosGrinch
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed reading the Game Director 's letter.

I thought it wonderful to express gratitude to the employees that made it happen as well to the players that support the game.

• UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion 1T was a great move. DLC was quite interesting too.
    I remember when there was a 1 million $ to win and I couldn't participate becouse I'm from the other country.
    I said back then "Ok, maybe I'm feeling like a poor argonian in a Dark Elfs' party" but ok. Game is great and it's just a lottery.
    Now, prices in crown store are so high, that I can't afford them. Not everyone earning money in $.

<PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax love more our money than us. :)

The elk mount is such a nice gift with fair price for christmas. :)<3