The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvE vs PvP

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
Do players play pve to pvp or pvp to pve ?

Honestly i find pvp more enjoyable than pve and thier npc mechanics. But let's see what this turns out.
Edited by WeylandLabs on December 16, 2016 3:10AM

PvE vs PvP 198 votes

PvP
24%
SolarikenXexpoVurian97lolo_01b16_ESOKnootewootAldruinBRogueNZnine9sixninjaguymanDral_ShadyBashevcopitopieratsosMojomonkeymansirstonLifecode666DerramakeumrageLeandorleepalmer95 48 votes
PvE
45%
nexxus_ESOvailjohn_ESOKochDerDamonenAcrolasNewBlacksmurfhedna123b14_ESOitsfatbassKronznordsavageKendaricPhilhypeGrileenorJD2013ValveVriendathomas1970b16_ESONebthet78anitajoneb17_ESOUntrustedExistenzsparafucilsarwb17_ESO 91 votes
Both equally PvP and PvE
29%
wayfarerxMessy1wenchmore420b14_ESOTryxusIruil_ESOfreespiritAlienSlofNeillMcAttackTonnopescekwisatzThe_SpAwNVorcilMilvancamelliaTavore1138Gedalyabottleofsyrupdem0n1kEvergnarrunagate 59 votes
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both equally PvP and PvE
    There may be a few vitriolic responses. The OP has been warned lol.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both equally PvP and PvE
    Yup. These kinda threads tend to just cause division when there really is no reason to take sides. If you like PVP, cool! play PVP! Same goes for PVE... or both! Enjoy! :D
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP
    I pve to get my pvp stuffs
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    PvE
    PvE, I find PvP to be both boring and annoying. Luckily I am not forced to do it so I simply avois Cyrodiil (except when hunting skyshards but I fully accept getting killed on the rare occasion someone spots me). And thankfully I cam just laugh and shrug when I decline a duel request. It is nice that we aren't forced into PvP if we don't want too.
    Xbox One NA
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both equally PvP and PvE
    Lol, I enjoy both! The other day I was going around collecting skyshards. I saw another player ambushed them and we somehow managed to kill each other at the same time. I think the other player might have had a set that does damage after they die or maybe just the soul skill line passive. Anyway, we just looked at each other for about as min before respawning.
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    I've never found the fun / reward in fighting other players.. if you could loot people's bodies / gear when they died.. then I might get into it. Or if the war had harsher death consequences like die and kicked from campaign for 5 hours. If I'm in the mood to endlessly kill / die / respawn I'll just play a first person shooter. Less laggy too.

That being said I think it would be cool if dungeons had much harsher death penalties on players. Group wipe equals dungeon ending.. not resetting but straight up ending and porting people out... optional of course so people can still play without that mode.

Flame on ;)
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both equally PvP and PvE
    I personally enjoy doing a bit of both. If I stick with one for too long then it starts to get boring
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both equally PvP and PvE
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    I personally enjoy doing a bit of both. If I stick with one for too long then it starts to get boring

This ^^ sums it up for me. :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    Do players play pve to pvp or pvp to pve ?

You might want to reword this to: Do players prefer PVE or PVP?
    It might be a little confusing for some.

Cant wait to see what these numbers look like when there are a few hundred votes.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    My vote is what I prefer
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    PvE only. My character is a milk drinker with no interest in competing with other player characters. She'd rather heal them. Lol.

I'm glad PvP is available since many seem to enjoy it though. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both equally PvP and PvE
    PvE only. My character is a milk drinker with no interest in competing with other player characters. She'd rather heal them. Lol.

I'm glad PvP is available since many seem to enjoy it though. :)

You could come into pvp and just heal your buddies while they destroy people then :)
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP
    @dev

Its not a prefer poll, im saying do players pve to pvp and vica versa. Honestly after the 2 months playing pve in June, July 2015 it just got boring. Learning new mechanics, when to interupt, when move out of the way got too easy. Fighting a program on (hard mode) veteran is like playing chess with a child.

So since then i like the randomness of pvp and fighting pve players that are meta. lol
    Edited by WeylandLabs on December 16, 2016 3:56AM
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both equally PvP and PvE
    @dev

Its not a prefer poll, im saying do players pve to pvp and vica versa. Honestly after the 2 months playing pve in June, July 2015 it just got boring. Learning new mechanics, when to interupt, when move out of the way got too easy. Fighting a program on (hard mode) veteran is like playing chess with a child.

So since then i like the randomness of pvp and fighting pve players that are meta. lol

My response is still both. I do PVE content to get monster gear & use it in PVP (I also use it in PVE). I enter the Imperial City to grind IC mobs for telvars & XP... so I guess that is doing PVE to PVP ? Well.. not really :)
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like posting polls in the official forums, then making indirect digs at people who vote differently from me, but it looks like that base is already covered.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both equally PvP and PvE
    I've never found the fun / reward in fighting other players.. if you could loot people's bodies / gear when they died.. then I might get into it. Or if the war had harsher death consequences like die and kicked from campaign for 5 hours. If I'm in the mood to endlessly kill / die / respawn I'll just play a first person shooter. Less laggy too.

That being said I think it would be cool if dungeons had much harsher death penalties on players. Group wipe equals dungeon ending.. not resetting but straight up ending and porting people out... optional of course so people can still play without that mode.

Flame on ;)

Spoken like a true PK throwback! :)
  • Kronz
    Kronz
    ✭✭✭
    PvE
    I normally like both or even shade to pvp in MMO's but in this game I love the PVE and cant get into the pvp options available. perhaps once they add battle grounds I will change my vote.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvE
    Pvp atm is horrible imo but even when it was good for me, I still preferred pve.

Lore, roleplay, freedom, exploration, dungeons. Love it.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both equally PvP and PvE
    Doing intense solo PvE is needed to be a better PvPer. The reverse is also true.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    I hate PVP with a burning seething passion, hence why I will never play stam toons until they get approximations of the PVP powers.

That and the PVP community are all horrible. "Nerf everything for the sake of my enjoyment".
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on December 16, 2016 5:15AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both equally PvP and PvE
    Well I pve to get gold that I need to pvp so I spend about the same in each but I'm not really pveing at all more farming but it's about the same time I would prefer to never leave pvp though.
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    @dev

Oh. I, and it would seem like a few others thought it was more about preference. It might have helped if there were options for 'i PVP only' / 'I PVE only' then.

When someone chooses 'PVE", was it to mean that they used pvp for PVE as main play (IE i want the skills) , or they use PVE for pvp play (IE: Forget the story and let me kill someone')?
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    Honestly, I play both, but it seems I haven't been spending much time in Cyro for the past few months so it would only be fair to say PvE.

That might change though, if only ZOS takes a closer look at PvP incentives and Cyrodiil objectives.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Weasel_Tunneler
    Weasel_Tunneler
    ✭✭✭
    PvE
    PvP is a pure imbalance, this game have too much role play to me to care about PVP. The only reason I play PVP is for the god damn skills from Alliance Tree.
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    Honestly i find pvp more enjoyable than pve and thier npc mechanics. But let's see what this turns out.
    Honestly, if you strip all games off pvp, I wouldn't care :wink:

• shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    I have zero interest in PVP or duals.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvE
    I'm not interested in any PvP-related activities.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • BlackPhillip
      BlackPhillip
      ✭✭✭
      PvE
      I suck so bad at PVP that I primarily focus on PVE. Once I get the hang of my new stamina NB Ill go back out to cyrodial
      ASSASMITE COVEN
      FRIENDLY DUNGEOUN RUNNERS
      ANGRY UNICORN TRADERS

Blackphillip Redguard Stamina Nightblade
      Blackphillip Da Goat Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade
    • Silver_Strider
      Silver_Strider
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      A long time ago, I would have said that PvP was infinitely better than PvE. PvE has always been mind numbing and simple; Memorize the enemy's pattern of attack, optimize your rotation and get BiS gear.
      There wasn't these OP Proc sets, unblockable Ultimate Death Clouds and Heavy Armor Meat Shield but actual skill involved, requiring you to be able to manage your resources and find that perfect center between sustain and damage.
      Fast Forward to the now and I PvP has become an empty shell of what it was, with absolutely nothing but luck being deciding factor if you kill someone or not.

I still find PvE mind numbing but I'll take that over RNG BS any day.
      Argonian forever
    • BRogueNZ
      BRogueNZ
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      PvP
      The PVE is fun, wish I didn't need to grind gear within it to be relevant in PVP