Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Homestead"

• jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 milions. But I don't think its enough :/
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    StereoMutt wrote: »
    This looks like everything I've ever wanted in an MMO its like Hearthfire, BUT ONLINE AND COOL

My only question is will we be able to use houses like guild halls? (as in grant access to members when the guild master is not online?)
    Looks like it, but there seems to be an unknown player cap, so depends how large the guild is.
    I'm sure someone said they were looking at 24 for the largest houses. That's certainly not enough for a guild of 500; hopefully they will be able to revise that upwards. If the large houses really are quite large, they would look quite empty if only 24 people were inside. I'd rather have people standing on top of each other, if it meant they could all get in, than have to exclude 96% of the guild.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    I'll save my millions for legendary mats and other more useful stuff.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reco wrote: »
    I'll save my millions for legendary mats and other more useful stuff.

Gear comes and go. My very own island? Timeless.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    *Prays for there to be a small comfortable cave available for purchase.*

sry no lairs for the evil undead vampire slaves of molag bal.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Twilanthe
    Twilanthe
    ✭✭✭
    Please please please please add a ship as an option for a house!
    Also adding Inns or shops would be awesome
    and other interesting and unique locations. Seaside or mountain caves, underground tunnels, etc.

But PLEASE add a ship! <3
    Lüc - Argonian Necromancer Healer
    PC-NA
  • Ruvie
    Ruvie
    Soul Shriven
    Will we have the option of selecting which house to choose right? For instance, I enjoy Bosmer but I am not a fan of their traditional houses.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruvie wrote: »
    Will we have the option of selecting which house to choose right? For instance, I enjoy Bosmer but I am not a fan of their traditional houses.

Yep! Just going to cost gold(or crowns if you prefer).
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • fwr.phoenixub17_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

We won't get guildhalls yet, so we'll have to use player homes for this purpose. It's understandable. But I wonder if I will have the opportunity to place my guild's banners in my house so it can look more like a guildhall? Or it won't be in this update?
  • Elyndaran
    Elyndaran
    Soul Shriven
    I'm so excited to see the housing coming to us ! I asked in a ticket for news about housing in 2014 and the nice GM answering me, wouldn't get me too excited but told me it was booked. Even if it's coming 3 years later I'm still hyped for it ! Thanks guys for this awesome news !
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    :)
    Edited by NewbieOKS on December 11, 2016 2:32PM
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twilanthe wrote: »
    Please please please please add a ship as an option for a house!
    Also adding Inns or shops would be awesome
    and other interesting and unique locations. Seaside or mountain caves, underground tunnels, etc.

But PLEASE add a ship! <3

I had that thought as well. How cool would it be if many of the harbors had the ability to have a house ship so that you could actually move your house ship from harbor to harbor when you got board of the locals. Since housing is instanced it seems like this would actually not be very difficult to do though I don't know if it would work with guests walking in through the front door since they might not have your ship in their instance. Would be fun though. I think I will park my ship in Auridon today or maybe that port in Alkir.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... Chests are just decorative; you won't be able to use them as an extension to your bank. You will be able to place a personal assistant in your home, though.

And that "personal assistant" is, or will be, available for sale in the Crown Store, right?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno : Will we be able to have a house in Eyevea? If not, then why not a portal to Eyevea in the house?

Only a Sorcerer would likely want either one, of course. :-)

As for "rebalancing" issues: shortening duration times for AoEs to increase the DPS for any character is not the answer to the problem. It only introduces others which the game software and Bethesda network cannot handle. Please pass this comment on to the development team.

• Gurf5
    Gurf5
    ✭✭
    I knew that I have been saving random items, that I thought looked cool but are useless to my character, for a reason. Now I can decorate my homestead with all my gorgeous weapons and maybe a sweet roll or two. My plan is to craft a special set from all the crafting stations around Tamriel and have an armory of mannequins. Will there be play testing before the release?
  • Scorpion1959
    Scorpion1959
    ✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    No storage chests? How about weapon racks or mannequins? :'(

Loving the trophies and achievement vendor idea though - awesome work there!

But how about those storage chests, mannequins and weapon racks? :D

You have mentioned a very important thing I had forgotten, mannequins (or even better decoratable servants) so we can show off armor sets, crafting motifs, and our many cosmetics is a total must have!

Preferably both in full size and Bust only forms, I think many of the Store items are displayed on mannequins, and we simply neeeeeeed theses! (please) :wink:

I am right alongside the ideas. I don't think you will see them, though. It would amount to 'storage', and, from what I I've seen/read, ZOS has no plans to allow storage outside of the bank system. Mind, they could incorporate 'marked' crate's as part of your bank. That way there is no extra storage (ahem... that's is, not storage you haven't purchased....)
  • lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are housing going to be account bound
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lordhakao wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are housing going to be account bound

Yes
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there will be an option to NOT allow any visits from my friendlist and guilds unless I specifically allow them on a case-by-case basis.

A home should be a home, not a tourist venue for hundreds of people from my trading guilds.
    If you set a friend/guild with visitor permissions, they'll be able to enter as they please.

This is very exciting that a guild can be given visitor permissions--can this be added to the guild info UI so a guild master can set a designated homestead instance? For example, if I buy the Craglorn cavern, could I set it so my guild members could port to it whenever through a guild info button?

Edited by JHartEllis on December 12, 2016 2:23PM
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously ZOS.....I want that NPC in a dungeon, in chains, in the house and allow me to beat on them (insert evil laugh). Do that and I will throw my money at you.

And if you give us the power to choose an NPC in the open world that would be bonus! I would choose that chic who always says in her annoying voice "welcome to the bank of daggerfallllllll". She has it coming ZOS. Trust me.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell us the prices so we know what to work for.
    :#
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only concern at this point is the player cap for houses.

I host roleplay events that draw crowds of 20-50 people. I would LOVE to use houses to host my events, but that won't be possible if the cap is only at 24. Can you please confirm the cap? It's very, very important to the roleplay community that it's high enough to allow a large crowd for both events and use as guild halls.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JHartEllis wrote: »
    I hope there will be an option to NOT allow any visits from my friendlist and guilds unless I specifically allow them on a case-by-case basis.

A home should be a home, not a tourist venue for hundreds of people from my trading guilds.
    If you set a friend/guild with visitor permissions, they'll be able to enter as they please.

This is very exciting that a guild can be given visitor permissions--can this be added to the guild info UI so a guild master can set a designated homestead instance? For example, if I buy the Craglorn cavern, could I set it so my guild members could port to it whenever through a guild info button?

Yay, we gettin' a Spicycave.

If you set the "guild" home as your primary home, then anyone in the guild will be able to enter it even if you're offline. They'll probably need to find you on the guild list and use your player name to access it, though. A bigger button on the guild UI would be more convenient, but that seems like something they'd add down the line if they make guild halls more of a feature.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I host roleplay events that draw crowds of 20-50 people. I would LOVE to use houses to host my events, but that won't be possible if the cap is only at 24. Can you please confirm the cap? It's very, very important to the roleplay community that it's high enough to allow a large crowd for both events and use as guild halls.

They did say depends on size of house but as always they very short on the details, same with pricing.
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    Telvanni mushroom towers @ZOS_GinaBruno and i cannot express how important this is to the majority of player base, there needs to be room for the strongest and most powerful Great House ever to have set dominance on Tamriel.
    The elitist wizards of Morrowind needs to show their superior arcane powers with giant mushroom towers so the other houses will tremble in wake of the more dominant forces of Tamriel. ( I love roleplaying )

Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

• Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    oWTSrPs.png

Are you a decorating enthusiast? Do you like to share your creations, commission decorating, collecting or crafting house items? The Housing Showcase is looking for you! As announced in our monthly Town Crier, the Housing, Crafting and Trade Union has opened its doors to all denizens of Tamriel who enjoy the fine art of in-game interior design and creative housing decorating.

Each month a member from the Housing Showcase community will be selected as Decorator of the Month. A full featured article will be written on the member selected and have a full page showcasing their work for an entire month!

If you enjoy decorating, and the inspirational ideas that stem from various house items... you are not alone! Join the Housing, Craft and Trade Hub forums and, as a decorator, you will have a designated forum just to showcase your designs, update the community on your works in progress, or just to share your own adventure in interior designs.

No guild membership required, and a very brief forum application is all that is needed to join the discussion. For more information you can contact us HERE.

Note: This community is open to all players regardless of platform!

A shameless plug since it isn't a guild recruitment advertisement, and appears to be the only place on the forums to post about the group that we could find.

Edit: We are still working out the monthly prizes for the Decorator of the Month and planned decorating contests, as it is a multi-platform group. Once we've narrowed it down, we will make the announcement on the HS forums.
    Edited by Damianos on December 12, 2016 10:23PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

In my experience, the challenge is that even with as many as 16 player characters in a group, both (1) the Bethesda network and (2) the graphics and audio I/O hardware on the players' computers, can and often do have serious problems with processing the output. Even with a 4-party group, in some dungeons the combined audio-visual effects of events and spells can become overwhelming. That is even more likely in a 12-party trial group. At present the only resort is to adjust the graphics output to what is, in effect, lower quality.

But there is a limit to how much a player is willing to do that. The quality of the audio-visual output degrades to a level where the experience of the game just isn't what they want to see and hear. It can also affect the ability of the player to play the game effectively -- just as adversely as when the flood of data was too much for the combined systems to handle.

Also bear in mind that the Internet is a packet-switching network with asynchronous connections, not a network with an architecture for synchronous connections. The issue of latency is no less significant in one as it is in the other.

Even if you have the personal finances to have the most recent cutting-edge highest performance system, and can afford a Tier 3 connection to the Internet backbone, all you have done is encouraged software developers to create games which produce yet more output that even that system cannot handle. It is like a cat chasing its tail. The chase only stops when the cat tires of the game.

In conclusion, it seems to me that "events" of 20 - 50 players are not technically feasible, unless, I suppose, about all they do is engage in chat and their characters enact "emotes". Maybe that is all that a "role-playing" event requires, but the prospects for any activities beyond that -- for so many players -- appear dim.

• Cy'el
    Cy'el
    I'm excited about this. This update should single-handedly breath new life into both the roleplaying community and the trading-guild economy.
    "AE CHIM NU-MEN NU-MANTIA"
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I'm impressed with the technical side. Didn't expect we'd be able to place furniture so freely, and have so many new things to craft.

A bit disappointed about no houses in DLC zones, though. Those are the most beautiful ones by far.

And hope we'll see increased functionality with future updates. Gardening, more employable NPCs, etc.

Excuse me for adding the italics, but you aren't asking for "increased functionality". You are asking for more features. More features will, to some extent or another, affect the functioning and "performance" of the game system. Adding them can possibly require everyone to buy another faster, more capable computer. You don't get anything for free, my friend, so are you ready and willing to buy one?

Personally, I'd rather see the ZO developers spend more time and effort to correct the flaws in the hastily-implemented and untested features that the software already has. Adding more features always adds more bugs. Eventually, the accumulation of the bugs will render the game unplayable. That's just the way it works. :-(

Edited by Shadowshire on December 13, 2016 1:46AM

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Here's another good interview that answers some additonal questions: http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/06/interview-everything-we-know-about-elder-scrolls-onlines-player-housing/#respond

Including:
    And:

There is no upkeep or rent on a home – once you purchase it, you will always have access to it. Being an ESO+ member doubles the number of furnishings and other items you can place in your home, but like the crafting bag, if your sub lapses those items stay, you just can’t edit your home until you get back to the item cap.

If a player's ESO+ subscription lapses, then they can remove items from the Crafting Bag, but cannot add any items to it (until and unless they renew their subscription).

So the analogy in the comments (in boldface above) does not quite make any sense. How can a player "get back to the item cap" if they cannot edit the contents of their home while the subscription remains expired? There must be some way to remove items, even if they cannot add items unless and until they have removed enough items to be below the lower cap.

Methinks the ZO developers need to learn how to think outside of the box. :-)

Edited by Shadowshire on December 13, 2016 2:09AM