The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Is there something wrong with weaving?

• Gallifreyy
    Gallifreyy
    ✭✭✭
    To anyone saying animation canceling/weaving is a bug please just learn to play or go back to skyrim. All of you social justice warriors that blame/accuse majority of the player base of cheating because they suck and struggle with simple mechanics. You are the people that are destroying this game and why people say that the ESO community is cancerous
    CP1000+
    Gallifreyy - DragonKnight - Imperial - EP
    Death by Tray - Nightblade - Dunmer - EP
    Moustacheasaurs - Templar - Dunmer - EP
    Zerief - Sorcerer - High Elf - EP
    Afro Leap - DragonKnight - Redguard - DC
    + 4 other Lvl 50s
    DK IS BACK
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got a bug with the destruction staff ult on a mag sorc, where all ground based aoe would show the circle for the ult and no other targeted abilities would fire, weaving or not.

Might be related to this thread but im not sure. Cured with a close application.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even get Venomous Claw to fire half of the time because of this bug.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea weaving destro on mdk is clunky as hell
    Light weaves fail to go off,
    Medium weaves make the ability/ rotation stall.

I also got the bug with the destro ult, where while slotted other circular ground based aoes are surrounded by the outline of the destro ult and fail to fire
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this problem with my sorc all the time trying to light attack weave with crushing shock. Only one of them will fire.

My dk hasn't had this problem though so I don't think it has do with dk in general.
    NA/PC
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this the whole point of the animation changes.

Some consider it unfair while others consider it an experienced players way to play.

No.

In the Thieves Guild update, we wanted to make it more clear which attacks players are using, while preserving the responsiveness and feel of the combat system. So, we started with a simple premise: if an ability is successful, you should be able to see it impact (or launch, in the case of projectiles). Now, every successful attack will display until the moment of impact/launch. Instead of canceling the impact/launch of the first ability, we now obscure the first few milliseconds of the interrupting ability.

795bf0b64a4ab2d14400f29610ec6d.jpg

The above examples show a Heavy Attack interrupted with an instant ability. The green part is what you see, and the red part is what is not shown. In the first example, you can see the way it is currently on the Live megaservers and has been since launch. The Heavy Attack can be interrupted at almost any time during the wind-up. At the time it is interrupted, the strike happens, but it is invisible because it is obscured by the beginning of the interrupting ability. The second example shows our current method of handling interruptions. Instead of obscuring the strike/launch, we show it up until that point of impact/firing, opting to instead obscure the (less important) first few frames of the interrupting ability.

We believe this visual adjustment meets the criteria we set when we were designing this improvement:

• A successfully-fired ability should not be visually obscured; if an attack lands or an ability is launched, we should show it happening
    • DPS and other playstyles should not be adversely affected
    • The game’s “feel” should not change

One side effect of this change is that there are shorter (or in some cases, no) blend times to smooth the transitions depending on exactly when you choose to fire an interrupting ability. When you’re dealing in milliseconds and giving players that kind of freedom , you sometimes have to forego perfectly smooth transitions in order to make sure the player is receiving proper feedback and telegraphing to other players exactly what they are choosing to do. Having said that, if you find particularly egregious combinations (ability X interrupted with ability Y), please let us know; there may be some things we can do to help smooth them out.

As always, we welcome your feedback. In fact, it will be instrumental in informing us how to proceed with this improvement. Our internal testing has proven to be very successful, but there are so many different playstyles, builds and rotations, we want to make sure we try to implement this in a way that feels good in all cases and doesn’t need to be taught through a tutorial; exactly what you see is what is happening.

Edited by ColoursYouHave on October 27, 2016 5:04AM
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno why ppl consider animation cancelling hard. I learned how to do it in a week lol
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animation canceling is a bug in my eyes.
    Abilities have their cast durations, everyone using bugs to bypass this is a buguser.
    And everyone who does this in PVP should be banned because bugusing in competitive mode.

So i feel happy when it does not work anymore.
    Perhaps you guys start playing for real then instead of using one exploit/bug after the other.

Bull.***.

The only thing that annoys some people is, that - because of weaving and the effect that it does shorten animations - dealing damage relies to a not to be underestimated portion - on yourself as a player and your own agility and timing. I rate such a feature as pretty complex, healthy and progressive for a game and for a MMO especially.

Edited by Flameheart on October 27, 2016 7:23AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• BoiledEgg
    BoiledEgg
    ✭✭✭
    is it only me or for the last week weaving was working perfectly fine and from now it's broken again ?
  • citats
    citats
    ✭✭✭
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but from skimming this thread it seems that ZOS has said weaving is still "working" just not displaying visually like it used to? This doesn't seem to be the case, I tested this with a damage log and light attacks were sometimes not going off and not causing any damage when timed to cancel a previous animation. The only way to reliably light attack was to wait until the ability animation was finished (tried with biting jabs/2H and flurry/DW), otherwise there seemed to be some kind of RNG sometimes preventing me from animation cancelling with a light attack. Is this the same problem being discussed in this thread?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any ETA? or response? This is kind of a big deal.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • shezof
    shezof
    ✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    When they fix this, please also fix Steel Tornado. It seems to bug out and I just stand in the middle of a mob waving my daggers around like a maniac, then all of a sudden I turn into a ninja and send out like five Steel Tornados at once. :D

thats can happen with any skill ingame now due to animations being messed up.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im noticing it a lot, a hell of a lot on my magi sorc. Skills not firing, really clunky animations, clunky feel to weaving and having major targeting issues. Like last night for example in Sanctum, i had no enemy tab targeted yet still my medium attaks and force pulse were firing at some enemy like 60 degrees to the right of where i was aiming at.
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on November 7, 2016 1:01PM
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring back combat from 1.5 ish pleaseeeeeeeeeee.

This is atrocious. Why fix something that was never broken, only to break it! @ZOs
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is what is making my character sheath weapons even though the target is still showing a small amount of health.

I guess my last LA-Reflective Light projectile is still in the air but invisible and will be killing the target in another millisecond. But it is making Zone combat feel as lagged as AVA, even though ping and FPS are fine and I am inside a solo dungeon or alone in the wilderness.

And after getting muscle memory to always try to LA or MA, consciously trying not to click the mouse is now harder than learning in the first place.
    Edited by SpAEkus on November 7, 2016 1:47PM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im noticing it a lot, a hell of a lot on my magi sorc. Skills not firing, really clunky animations, clunky feel to weaving and having major targeting issues. Like last night for example in Sanctum, i had no enemy tab targeted yet still my medium attaks and force pulse were firing at some enemy like 60 degrees to the right of where i was aiming at.

Funny enough ..have you noticed the NPC charge/gapclose.
    It points the red rectangle in one direction...and the NPC runs in a completely different direction.
    Related ?
    Thats roughly a 60 degree rotation too.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 7, 2016 1:49PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Armitas -

Yes. They made a change to the animation priorities. Long winded-version.

In short, the game's animation locks your character into an motion even if at the time, your character is actually doing something else.

• IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Armitas -

Yes. They made a change to the animation priorities. Long winded-version.

In short, the game's animation locks your character into an motion even if at the time, your character is actually doing something else.

Doesn't explain why light attack weaving with Funnel Health and a destro staff is broken as hell.
    If I activate Merciless Resolve and then do the HA and LA 4 times after one another the Resolve should proc (as you can see on the skill icon). It does that very, very unreliable. Works if you use Crushing Shock, which is not optimal for a Nightblade.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our gaming experience may not matter to you ZOS but it matters to me and I won't pay for this experience any longer. Sub Cancelled.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back combat from 1.5 ish pleaseeeeeeeeeee.

This is atrocious. Why fix something that was never broken, only to break it! @ZOs

Because of power creep and their inept ways of dealing with it.

If new sets give you an extra 10% dps more than older sets and the content difficult is stagnant then the easiest way to keep it relevant is to reduce your ability to gain that extra 10%.

I hate it with a burning passion, but I at least understand the stupidity behind it.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any response here ZOS. It's gamebreaking unplayable when it happens. What kind of company just ignores this for months?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Fallewarrior
    Fallewarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think there's ever gonna be a zos response to this..
    Hocus Pocus Grim Focus
    -Fallen | TICK TOCK TORMENTERR | IMMORTAL MEMERR | GRYPHON HEART
    HODOR!

Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)

PC/EU
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? I thought this was because I was playing on my vita...

Resto seems to weave much easy on my nb than destro. I'm gonna test lightning staff once I get a good one
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium weaves with fire staff is broken, that's been established.

It NEVER used to be broken it worked fine which I don't see as animation cancelling that much as we are just talking about medium weave medium wave etc etc.

The fact is other races/classes still ANIMATION CANCEL which as stated is fine... don't know if I completely agree or not BUT the flame staff should be corrected before the broken patch came out.

It's not exactly fair, I put my magicka sorc in the bin with just this fault. It makes life way harder now I guess for magicka sorc we could just equip a lightning staff but that's not the point is it?
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only solution to animation cancelling ins and outs is to even the field between those who use and like it and those who don't and dislike it.

How can this be done?

Well, the introduction of global cooldowns would be the direct solution and probably more straightforward, but that would go against those who like animation cancelling and have gotten used to it. It would solely benefit those who don't use it and force cast times on abilities to be absolutely fixed (with the exception of roll dodge and block - no bash).

So, I think that the best option would be to have a decrease of actual damage (or an automatic increase of enemy resistance) the more hits are connected within a specific timeframe (ex: 4 seconds). So, using this random timeframe as an example, if a player gets one hit, then during the next 2 seconds, the next hit will have a, let's say 20% decreased damage, the one after that will deal 40% less and the next one 60% less and so on until you reach the next 2 second calculation reset. If you fit too many hits per 2 seconds, you'd eventually have many of them actually deal 0 damage.

This would be a fairer system, because:

a) Those who use Animation Cancelling would still get more DPS, only not so significantly.
    b) The gap to those who actually use the abilities as they were designed to work would decrease.

It isn't certainly a popular view, I agree, but hey, my contribution to the discussion.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could someone that is experiencing this problem switch to the eso64.exe? and Turn off their minimap. I have not had this occur again since I made those two changes.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Listen all you people saying its a bug, it's not really. You have the ability animation and the actual useful part of the ability, it's just being more efficient with your abilities, if It was a bug, it would be fixed by now (imho)
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Could someone that is experiencing this problem switch to the eso64.exe? and Turn off their minimap. I have not had this occur again since I made those two changes.

Been playing on 64-bit client since it was released and have never used the mini-map but still having the same problem. It's not an issue resulting from add-ons or the memory limitations of the game but a core component of the engine that they've ballsed up to make it cater to the RPers and questers who feel awesome using charged heavy attacks as their main dps.

Nothing against those people, but ZOS' stupidity is slowly pitting the community against itself.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Animation canceling is a bug in my eyes.
    Abilities have their cast durations, everyone using bugs to bypass this is a buguser.
    And everyone who does this in PVP should be banned because bugusing in competitive mode.

So i feel happy when it does not work anymore.
    Perhaps you guys start playing for real then instead of using one exploit/bug after the other.

This is kind out of the scope of the thread. OP just wants to know if there was some kind of undocumented change to animation cancelling.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still looks fine to me

220px-Sigourney_Weaver_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."