The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Homestead"

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Sigh... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Why never any prices? It's not like you don't already know what you're going to charge. With the furor over the Mythic Ambrosia which has been made so difficult to acquire in game, "forcing" players to by the CS versions of the potions (XP scrolls), many of us are wondering if the houses and everything that goes with them are going to be so expensive in in-game gold that players will be "forced" to buy them via the crown store if they really want them.

Also, maybe I missed it but I can't believe it wasn't stated in the article... is furniture actually going to be USEABLE now? And, if so, will that translate to furniture out in the world also????

good questions!!
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    What I really want to know is if you could decorate your house with items you have stolen @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

That would be so awesome. I'd have to re-steal things.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I spent a few hours exploring the different zones and finding most of the houses that will be available.

"Later down the road, there will also be a few special properties that are exclusive to the Crown Store, including a luxurious island retreat."

I really love the house in Stros M'kai that seems to be on it's own island, is that the luxurious island retreat you are referring to? And if so how much later down the road with it be available to purchase? That is the house I want and I would like to know how long I will have to wait to be able to purchase that house? Please respond.
  • gothickaiserub17_ESO
    Sigh... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Why never any prices? It's not like you don't already know what you're going to charge. With the furor over the Mythic Ambrosia which has been made so difficult to acquire in game, "forcing" players to by the CS versions of the potions (XP scrolls), many of us are wondering if the houses and everything that goes with them are going to be so expensive in in-game gold that players will be "forced" to buy them via the crown store if they really want them.

Also, maybe I missed it but I can't believe it wasn't stated in the article... is furniture actually going to be USEABLE now? And, if so, will that translate to furniture out in the world also????

Mythic ambrosia prices have already dropped to 40k-60k a pop, rarity directly translates to price for these items, they do have to consider the richer players when making things, sure I've not pulled many Dusts myself but the price is quite affordable.

Also Exp items are not required by any means so no one has forced your to do anything, Enlightenment Exp ensures the champ ranks will come.

Personally I'm really hoping for some rare pieces so there is something worth buying in the guild auctions, drop 500k on a extremely exclusive "monster boss" bed, thems be my hopes
    Edited by gothickaiserub17_ESO on December 6, 2016 7:15PM
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after reading about Homestead. Am I correct in understanding that house is 100% cosemetic and offers zero benefits to actual gameplay?
  • gothickaiserub17_ESO
    Paneross wrote: »
    So after reading about Homestead. Am I correct in understanding that house is 100% cosemetic and offers zero benefits to actual gameplay?

Like costumes, polymorphs, style motifs, mounts, and pets

unless you consider a "cheap utility cluster" a 1 room all crafting location you can map warp to for free

Also map warping there for free could be utility in its own right, there is one very close to a wayshrine in Reaper's March, so thats a time-saving feature.
  • Baldigar
    Baldigar
    Very excited, but I have a few questions:
    • Is there any kind of storage available through this system? Crafted or bought (gold, crowns, quests, achievements, etc.) Crafting materials and equipment would be the biggest priority, I think. (Maybe you could use mannequins for armor, weapon racks for weapons, jewelry displays for jewelry, and then chests/barrels/crates/bags/backpacks for general/crafting stuff). If you did have equipment displays, it would be nice if we could swap to equipping everything on the display with a single button too.
    • Is there going to be a furniture inventory? I think it would be great if we could have a storage tab, almost identical to the Craft Bag, which can store all furniture, is account-wide, and that you can deposit/withdraw stuff from. Of course I'd prefer this be non-ESO Plus, but I would like to see it somehow regardless. Or like a cart/attic that can be found at all houses that can store either infinite or a large amount of furniture (ideally, shared), either as a replacement or secondary option to the remote Furniture Bag.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »

unless you consider a "cheap utility cluster" a 1 room all crafting location you can map warp to for free

I do all my writs in Craglorn where all stations are seconds away and I can turn them in right there too.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's an immersive "more storage" option to add that doesn't technically add more storage:

Have all your alts walking around your house/property and you can interact with them taking things freely from their "inventory" without logging in and out of your current character. "Here hold this for me".
    Edited by Dominoid on December 6, 2016 7:23PM
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will these Target Dummy be able to fight back, it would be weird to be killed by your Target Dummy :pensive:

Ha! That would be embarrassing, especially if you had guests!
    Seriously, though, this feature and the extension of crafting into this realm is very exciting.

I would hope that the skeletons have the same type of capabilities that guards do in the Justice system, meaning not that they would be invulnerable like the guards, but that they would have a wide range of combat skills they would use that would test the player's mettle. It would be awesome if the player could manipulate some settings on the skeletons, such as health, magicka, or stamina levels. I would love to see it replicate the experience of a duel, as much as that is possible with an NPC.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    How material heavy will crafting of those be ?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    Later down the road, there will also be a few special properties that are exclusive to the Crown Store, including a luxurious island retreat.

What about something exclusive to ESO+ members? I think it's time that they are also shown some appreciation.

According to this article:

There is no upkeep or rent on a home – once you purchase it, you will always have access to it. Being an ESO+ member doubles the number of furnishings and other items you can place in your home, but like the crafting bag, if your sub lapses those items stay, you just can’t edit your home until you get back to the item cap.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG!!! I'm so excited for housing! I just wanted to know a little more about the crafting of furniture. Will furniture crafting utilize all levels of materials? For example: flax curtains, spider silk rugs, oak table, maple chair?

How do we get the plans for crafting furniture? Do the plans drop off mobs like motifs do now? Will we need to be able to research specific lines of furniture like tables, beds, chairs like we do with armor and weapons currently? Details... I needs details!!! :)
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on December 6, 2016 7:30PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Kinda off topic, but what furor over Mythic (Psjiic?)Ambrosia? Perfect Roe drop still seems to be around 1% for me. I haven't seen threads about this.
    Got it, must have missed the Patch Notes for Mythic version :# .
    I do agree it's frustrating that no prices are listed for housing. Maybe we will learn more in the next 8-10 weeks. Sure hope this is revealed before PTS release.

As a crafter, I'm excited by upcoming furniture crafting, but at the same time think equipment crafting needs more attention in the form of crafted sets equal to all the new dropped sets (this was stated as a basic premise of the crafting system in pre-game hype), as well as options to make changes to existing crafted sets, like change them to a different style (otherwise, what's the point of continuously introducing new motifs in a game world where gold tempers are so expensive).

I also agree it's a mistake to introduce housing without also incorporating storage in them. It seems like a not so subtle way to force player to subscribe for craft bag or forever be forced to play an inventory game instead of questing and adventuring.

Finally, for those who have experience with other MMOs (this is my first), any ideas what to expect on cost of buying houses?
    Edited by Ourorboros on December 6, 2016 7:35PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • KimoBitz
    KimoBitz
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is there diffrent styles and shapes of training dummies or are we stuck with the skeleton trainer ?
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    new land to explore in this update?
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • gothickaiserub17_ESO
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Here's an immersive "more storage" option to add that doesn't technically add more storage:

Have all your alts walking around your house/property and you can interact with them taking things freely from their "inventory" without logging in and out of your current character. "Here hold this for me".

Would be nice to have other Characters on the account "NPC"ing around, with a dialog option to switch to that character (as opposed to loading the log out screen and back in, even if it would have to still reload the game)

Also it would partially cover the mannequin / dressable servant issue.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of these 40 options located in Cyrodiil?
    Not based on where they have added them so far. Locations here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am curious to see what a Daedric toilet looks like.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

Would be nice to have other Characters on the account "NPC"ing around, with a dialog option to switch to that character (as opposed to loading the log out screen and back in, even if it would have to still reload the game)

Also it would partially cover the mannequin / dressable servant issue.

I had the same thought...

Along with mounts in a stable, pets roaming the grounds, etc.
    Playing since beta...
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we know the people limit of a manor is 24 - can we get a number for the furnishings?
    Ballpark?
    I can't count all the sweetrolls! :p
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if there will be a Dwemer house?
    Playing since beta...
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Any of these 40 options located in Cyrodiil?
    Not based on where they have added them so far. Locations here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

MMORPG: Will there be houses in Cyrodiil?

RL: There are no homes placed directly in Cyrodiil, but there are Imperial homes spread throughout the world. (I suggest checking Malabal Tor, Craglorn and Reaper’s March if you are interested)

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/elder-scrolls-online/interviews/introducing-homestead-housing-comes-to-tamriel-in-2017-1000011379/#LAj8RxmGMK1WQ1x6.99

Edit: @quixoteuglyub17_ESO
    Edited by Rouven on December 6, 2016 7:39PM
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Finally, for those who have experience with other MMOs (this is my first), any ideas what to expect on cost of buying houses?

In SWTOR, you're talking millions of gold/credits per. There, you bought the first room or couple of rooms, then spent insane credits to unlock each and every room, including staircases, to get the whole thing. You could also spend real cash, which is one reason why the in-game cost was so high. They want impulse buys and instant gratification kiddies to whip out the credit card.

If the same Daedra spawn responsible for clown crates is involved in this, don't expect it to be easily affordable. You have two months, start farming mats and gold. Before the inevitable nerf to reduce fun and increase the grind.

Speaking of clown crates, don't be surprised to see housing related items locked into those as well.
    Edited by Valethar on December 6, 2016 7:43PM
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alanar wrote: »
    jrodriguez wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something, but I dont remember reading anything about storing items in your home. Will be able to store items like in the bank?

They did say you can place items in your home, and they said you can have chests in your home, but I did not see confirmation as to whether the chests will be functional or decorative. Big open question.

Chests are just decorative; you won't be able to use them as an extension to your bank. You will be able to place a personal assistant in your home, though.

You guys have thought through a lot and housing looks like a great update for RPers and crafters.

But how could you leave out storage?! Just an armory for all those BoP sets we might want to try out one day, or are holding in case they ever get fixed (like Ice Furnace) would be an enormous help. And it wouldn't interfere with the utility of the crafting bag (and associated subs).

Storage, PLEASE!
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will the crafting stations be basic or will they allow us to craft sets from locations we've visited?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be really sweet to have to ability to craft any set your character has unlocked through research from the crafting stations in your home!
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just found one of the imperial houses on live servers, it's near the Baandari trading post in malabal tor. Quite a nice house actually.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrodriguez wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something, but I dont remember reading anything about storing items in your home. Will be able to store items like in the bank?

No
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alanar wrote: »
    Understand if you're not ready to share now, but at some point I'm sure many of us would love to know what the future plans are for inventory space. I've been hoping that housing would bring either functional chests or mannequins that would let me store gear sets outside of bank and inventory. At the moment I have 11 characters just holding stuff and my inventory is still full to bursting. #theorycrafterproblems

So far it's a no, so much for my idea of a Dwemer Vault, thought it would look awsome with gears and steam only able to open with the correct combination of welkand stones.