Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Homestead"

• BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the Imperial houses?
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only feature that I really want is the "Target Dummy" in my home.

Will we be able to set amounts of resistance and HP for them so we can practice long rotations?

I saw a skeleton looking thing in the video, but there was no indication of the features associated with the skeleton. I really hope that a test dummy does not amount to a NPC with 30K health. That would be very disappointing.

Playing since beta...
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    mannequins for my costumes and lovely motifs, I'd love some wardrobe for motifs to try on.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    *Prays for there to be a small comfortable cave available for purchase.*

There is, in Craglorn >:)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • gothickaiserub17_ESO
    Xabien wrote: »
    No storage chests? How about weapon racks or mannequins? :'(

Loving the trophies and achievement vendor idea though - awesome work there!

But how about those storage chests, mannequins and weapon racks? :D

You have mentioned a very important thing I had forgotten, mannequins (or even better decoratable servants) so we can show off armor sets, crafting motifs, and our many cosmetics is a total must have!

Preferably both in full size and Bust only forms, I think many of the Store items are displayed on mannequins, and we simply neeeeeeed theses! (please) :wink:
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    *Prays for there to be a small comfortable cave available for purchase.*

There is, in Craglorn >:)

No, thats a cavern, far too big and open, especially with that wide opening in the back! I'm a sinister old vampire, he would burn to death!
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is the size of the house purely cosmetic or does it have any real influence ? As in, do you have the same access to crafting, assistants, training dummies or what not in a small house as you do in a large one ? Or do the biggest houses have additional features that small houses lack?

Having checked most of them out and not being interested in bragging (that much), I love the Bangkorai Halcyon lake one, but if it has fewer features available than say Glenumbra Castle does, I would like to know in advance :3
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alanar wrote: »
    jrodriguez wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something, but I dont remember reading anything about storing items in your home. Will be able to store items like in the bank?

They did say you can place items in your home, and they said you can have chests in your home, but I did not see confirmation as to whether the chests will be functional or decorative. Big open question.

Chests are just decorative; you won't be able to use them as an extension to your bank. You will be able to place a personal assistant in your home, though.

Disappointed. Well, are we at least able to stack chests, barrels, and the armoire to build a fort?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "There are two different ways you can purchase homes in Homestead. After you complete the tutorial, nearly all additional homes will be available for purchase via in-game gold. All unfurnished homes that you can purchase for in-game gold will also be available for purchase with crowns. If you prefer your home to be move-in ready and decorated by some of Tamriel's best interior designers, you can purchase the fully furnished version of any home in the Crown Store. You can move and replace all furnishings that are included with furnished homes as you wish, just like any other furnishing items. Later down the road, there will also be a few special properties that are exclusive to the Crown Store, including a luxurious island retreat."

Awesome. I really appreciated how much openness there was about how gold/crowns will each give access to content.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kasa-obake wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is the size of the house purely cosmetic or does it have any real influence ? As in, do you have the same access to crafting, assistants, training dummies or what not in a small house as you do in a large one ? Or do the biggest houses have additional features that small houses lack?

Having checked most of them out and not being interested in bragging (that much), I love the Bangkorai Halcyon lake one, but if it has fewer features available than say Glenumbra Castle does, I would like to know in advance :3

This one would guess the bigger the house, the more space you'd have for placing crafting stations, etc. Sure one could cram all the crafting stations into the small Khajiit house, but you won't be entertaining many guests there.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're an experienced adventurer, you'll want to venture out after Homestead launches and collect prestigious trophies from Veteran Arenas, Dungeons, and Trials. Once earned, you'll be able to proudly display these special monster-themed busts in your home as proof of your victories against some of Tamriel's most difficult challenges.

This.
    giphy_16.gif

Also, are these trophies available retroactively? Assuming you did Flawless before Homestead and are tired of running vMSA, will you have access to the corresponding trophy once the patch drops, or will you have to run it again ?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    driosketch wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something, but I dont remember reading anything about storing items in your home. Will be able to store items like in the bank?

They did say you can place items in your home, and they said you can have chests in your home, but I did not see confirmation as to whether the chests will be functional or decorative. Big open question.

Chests are just decorative; you won't be able to use them as an extension to your bank. You will be able to place a personal assistant in your home, though.

Disappointed. Well, are we at least able to stack chests, barrels, and the armoire to build a fort?

Oh yes. The steps to the crafting station you see at 1:08 in the video are actually made with stacked bar tables. :sunglasses:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so excited about this! ESO patches are getting finally better and better (since One Tamriel I am actually enjoying the game much more). Just a question Gina, what about the prices? How much gold and crowns would some of the houses cost? You see, I am saving up so much gold and I am afraid it wont be enough xD
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speechless!
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems fine. I just hope there is a legitimate DPS test / sparring NPC to test builds on. That's really all I care about. The rest of the house can be bare naked (including my serving wench - giggity)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Oh yes. The steps to the crafting station you see at 1:08 in the video are actually made with stacked bar tables. :sunglasses:

Excellent, let the Craglorn Cavern Fort Challenge event planning begin.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably the single most important feature of a player home in Elder Scrolls games is storage, LOL.

Followed shortly by ways to display the random crap picked up in the game world.

So that's what ZOS decides to leave out, I couldn't make this stuff up.

The houses are stunning, Good job with the visuals.

• LuvULongTime
    LuvULongTime
    Soul Shriven
    Why is there no storage options highlighted? Wouldn't that be the whole point of owning or buying a house? The forums have been screaming for this for a long time now.

I am feeling like a petulant child as i was extremely excited for housing because of the extra storage id have. To find out there isnt going to be any is a crushing disappointment.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had to stop watching the video to tab back to this window to go "OMFG, THAT MUSIC!"

Please tells us there will be more music like that next update!
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Gina,

Besides the Cavern in Craglorn, is there any plans for a proper cave? One that isn't open with wide holes to the sky?
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • gothickaiserub17_ESO

Probably the single most important feature of a player home in Elder Scrolls games is storage, LOL.

Followed shortly by ways to display the random crap picked up in the game world.

So that's what ZOS decides to leave out, I couldn't make this stuff up.

The houses are stunning, Good job with the visuals.

The most important thing... in other elder scrolls, cause of weight based inventory and no world wide 200+ item banking system.

On the other hand... not so important in ESO, especially with the craft bag, which is a major reason many people subscribe to ESO plus. They are not gonna invalidate that! (Nor should they it's the king of convenience items and has been done near perfectly, wish other MMOs i played could just copy it)
  • Tiedän
    Tiedän
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is there a possibility that existing DLC zones will also someday get player housing in addition to the base zones? I think it would be pretty awesome to own a house in Wrothgar or in the Gold Coast somewhere.
    "Battle-Born is a name out of legend, sung in the songs of old and heard in deeds of valor for a hundred generations. 'For Clan Battle-Born!' they cry in the mead halls. 'First into the fray and last to quit their ale!'" - Olfrid Battle-Born
    PC/Mac - NA
    Thian Battle-Born - Nord Stamina DK DPS
    Alynu Dreth - Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Reeh-Jah Nisar - Argonian Stamina Nightblade DPS
    Eraldil Riverrun - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
    Tsavani Khanai - Khajit Magicka Templar DPS
    Laila The Huntress - Nord Stamina DK Tank
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to go back to the storage issue. It doesn't need to be an extension of the bank. Maybe one or two local slots in a night stand to hold a stack of lock picks, same for food in the cabinet. Maybe drop a seige weapon in the yard. At the very least I want to mount shields on the walls.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You will be able to allow friends and guildmates to visit your home; they can travel to your home via the group, friends, or guild lists while you're in it, or by selecting “Visit House" by clicking on your name in those same lists when you're offline"

Looking for guild with awesome base.

Can guests given 'decorator' status add the prestigious monster busts, or can that only be done by the owner of the house?
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I had to stop watching the video to tab back to this window to go "OMFG, THAT MUSIC!"

Please tells us there will be more music like that next update!

The music was good. Hats off to the team.

Someone on the dev team also has a serious sweetroll fetish. Someone should have a talk with them.

I guess one question I have from the video is how much gold and Crowns were required to create those spaces. I have a fear that we are looking at a major gold investment and $1000 in real word cash for some of those places.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum hung
    Edited by Elsonso on December 6, 2016 4:47PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum hung
    Edited by Elsonso on December 6, 2016 4:47PM
  • gothickaiserub17_ESO
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    "You will be able to allow friends and guildmates to visit your home; they can travel to your home via the group, friends, or guild lists while you're in it, or by selecting “Visit House" by clicking on your name in those same lists when you're offline"

Looking for guild with awesome base.

Can guests given 'decorator' status add the prestigious monster busts, or can that only be done by the owner of the house?

Already said, decorators can not add/remove

"You can grant trusted friends permission to decorate existing placed items in your home (they cannot add or remove items from your home)"
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HYPE.

nearly 40 unique homes to choose from and over 2,000 individual decorative and furniture options

Furniture and decorative items can be crafted using the existing trade skills, purchased via gold from merchants throughout Tamriel, or bought with crowns in the Crown Store

collect prestigious trophies from Veteran Arenas, Dungeons, and Trials

Achievement Furnishers stock special items that you can purchase after completing the associated achievements

option of placing pets, mounts, and useful functional items in your homes, including Assistants, Crafting Stations, working light fixtures, and even Target Skeletons

Target Skeletons (with which you can practice combat and builds)

Furniture you create via Furniture Crafting can be sold to other players

MUCH HYPE.

I'm feeling really excited about this. I appreciate the fact that the cash and non-cash options are thoughtfully balanced, where you basically just get a bunch of extra junk in your house if you decide to go the real-money route. It might cost more time and in-game gold to amass the junk without crowns, but the crafters and acquisition junkies among us will have lots to do. *rubs hands*

And having to do a quest before buying homes with gold is an interesting touch. It creates a bit more busy work, but I'd say it's not a bad thing to add a bit of gameplay to the process (and it emulates having to do quests to help the locals before you could be a Thane and buy a house in Skyrim).

I really like the trophies associated with achievements. I'd been wondering if we would be able to display laundered stolen items or caught trophy fish. It sounds like we can't do that directly, although I wouldn't be surprised if some of the 2000 decorative items are based on the existing stealable loot. Hopefully the achievement swag will be nice even if I can't mount those blue fish I've been saving in my inventory.

The houses themselves are very generously sized. Even the small houses surprise me with how big they are. I think I'd feel a little overwhelmed with one of the bigger ones. :D

HYPE INTENSIFIES.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    will this be the 2nd patch in a row we don't get new content? ie brand new zone/dungeon/trial

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5