The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

To the people who cry about vMA drops

• kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    Idk why people complain about vigor and caltrops being pvp skills there are so many other options. Dont wanna pvp? Tough *** you dont get pvp skill lines.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CultOfMMO wrote: »
    you know if you put in 5 hrs in cyrodiil you will get vigor, it might seem like the longest 5 hrs for a non-pvper, but its still a solid 5 hrs no more no less.

You never know if you will be in vMA once or 100 or 300 times. THAT is the issue ppl have been raising.

Did you even read those threads?

You may be right about 5 hours.

One weapon shared across all accounts.

Skill lines, 5 hours every new stamina toon longer for magica to get proxy.

• Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey now im a grand overlord in pvp but I've done my fair share of pve to obtain all the gear i need including farming vma, dungeon sets and everything else.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • LeeroyGankins
    LeeroyGankins
    ✭✭
    you went full ***....

never go full ***

about 11/10 of the threads are about RNG...

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vuzion wrote: »
    Since there's so many people crying about wanting maelstrom weapons in the golden vendor because PvE is too hard.. I wanna ask, why don't we get the option to level support and assault skills without entering a PvP zone? The game seems so catered to PvP players. There is the golden vendor, so players don't have to leave the alliance zone to get PvE drops... but yet players are forced to go into an alliance zone to get caltrop and vigor? I don't mind having to level thru PvP to get those skills in any way, it just seems a bit.... unfair? Everyone else is crying about vMA like a bunch of entitled scrubs, so I felt like I should cry about something too.

9Q0fdcB.jpg
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't need the alliance skill lines to complete things in PVE but you do not have to be a PVP megastar to get to level 5 in them. I took my latest character from level 2 to level 5 on these over the weekend and 6 of my 7 characters are now at least level 5.

Pick a busy campaign, find a mob to run with or get into a group and do your best in taking or defending property. Look on the map to where the fighting is and go there, pick up your quests of the boards and do them while you are out and about. Just riding around waiting to find things will not get you there.

Dying in PVP does not cost you anything except time to travel if nobody gets you up. As soon as I accepted this, I stopped hating PVP and can actually enjoy it, especially when running with friends.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I came into this thread thinking you were talking about people crying about rng. I was wrong. what a fail of a thread...
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol catering to PVPers...that's why we have so many dlcs dedicated to pvp, buttery smooth large scale combat, battlegrounds and arenas, and amazing rewards for being in the top 2% right?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd give you vigor if it was up to me and those weapons were on the golden vendor . It's not that hard to unlock anyways .
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is an easy way to fix the loot problem. Just make it so hard at it was at orsinium release, then players cry not about the loot, only that they are cant beat it. Know players in heavy armour and s&b can finish it.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Vuzion
    Vuzion
    Vaoh wrote: »
    People PLEASE stop tearing @Vuzion to pieces. Understand who you are speaking to:
    I will be cp160 tomorrow and grinding out all my vma weapons. It will take me a few days to have all BiS gear, but to max out cp idk. I am playing Mag Sorc. On Xb1 I played Stam sorc, Mag temp, and Mag nb.

This guy literally has no idea what he is talking about. Not even a tiny bit. Yeah, it's kinda sad that at 1-Star this is how he has chosen to introduce himself on the Forums.... still though, let's try to help them understand.

@Vuzion It took me almost 200 runs to get my desired weapon, a Maelstrom Inferno Staff in Sharpened. It also took me 150ish runs to drops my first Axe (without any Dagger drops).

The RNG of Vet Maelstrom is utterly horrific right now.

That's me talking about a new toon on Ps4 NA, I main on Xb1 NA.. LOL
  • Vuzion
    Vuzion
    Took me a few hundred runs for my first sharp inferno also.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just remove the weapons from the game. vMA gets you a fancy polymorph and title.

Solves all the problems :trollface:
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    :o
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    People PLEASE stop tearing @Vuzion to pieces. Understand who you are speaking to:
    I will be cp160 tomorrow and grinding out all my vma weapons. It will take me a few days to have all BiS gear, but to max out cp idk. I am playing Mag Sorc. On Xb1 I played Stam sorc, Mag temp, and Mag nb.

This guy literally has no idea what he is talking about. Not even a tiny bit. Yeah, it's kinda sad that at 1-Star this is how he has chosen to introduce himself on the Forums.... still though, let's try to help them understand.

@Vuzion It took me almost 200 runs to get my desired weapon, a Maelstrom Inferno Staff in Sharpened. It also took me 150ish runs to drops my first Axe (without any Dagger drops).

The RNG of Vet Maelstrom is utterly horrific right now.

Tbf, it hasn't changed since they introduced the guaranteed drop chance. The only thing that's changed is more people are trying it, especially with the recent promotion, which means more people are complaining about it since they haven't gotten their gear first time, or second time, or 10th, 20th or 50th time without actually realising the true benefits of the arena.

Eventually these threads will drop down in volume while only the farmers and hardcore players will keep trying for it.

Can you even imagine the level of whining if they introduced the changes in difficulty and double drop rate if you still had a slim chance of even getting a weapon, much less on in a good trait?
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me ~430 vMA runs for... nothing. I don't have my Sharpened Inferno. And looking at Streak who got his somewhere between 1500 and 2000 runs, I lost hope.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have moved this thread to: Dungeons, Trials & Arenas
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Caters to PvP players!? I wish it catered to PvP players, then I would play more PvP than PvE, instead of the other way around.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Lol wut?

The game is catered to PvP players?

Since when?

Yhea THATS RIGHT PVP players are always getting nerferd cos of PVE players complaining on forums nerf this nerf that .. ohh wait hang on.......

Lol salty much? but true to a extent, as some players whine regardless, they are the ones who scream for nerfs, just like some PvE peeps scream for nerfs on PvE related stuff, so whats the difference?

I do both PvE and PvP and never once asked for nerfs, even took out Doshia before she got nerfed, or Molag Bal before he got nerfed, by guess what, some PvE players.

Theres whiners with no skill in both camps dude.

And for the record, I would not care if VmA weapons were on sale in Golder vendor, because having the weapons does not automatically make you a better player, its doing VmA that makes you a better player, I got most of the stuff I want from VmA, but the RnG is horrific and most who have actually done it more than a number of times will agree, @Decado for one, defo will.

Blades are you trying to make me the poster child for *** vMA RNG?

All I have to say to OP is not everyone who wants the weapons on the vendor is an 'entitled scrub' some of us have VALID reasons for wanting them on there
  • nraner81
    nraner81
    ✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    If you are trying to compare the difficulty of getting Vigor to the difficulty of getting Maelstrom weapons, you got to be out of your mind.

Want Vigor? Go repair walls at a keep for a couple hours and you will have it.
    Want a BiS weapon? Spend weeks or months banging your head against the worst content in the game.

Give me a break.

says the obviously slanted pvp emp.
    5hrs? lol nope, much longer even with a resto spam healer.
    someone link that study where 80% of eso players don't care about pvp AT ALL but pvp players make up half the cries
    FYI I would rather do vma 50 times than grind cal/vig again.
    PS4 NA Endgame tank/healer/runner/mag dps. Trials are why I play! I miss when Vdung were tough and fun.
  • AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭
    Since there's so many people crying about wanting maelstrom weapons in the golden vendor because PvE is too hard.. I wanna ask, why don't we get the option to level support and assault skills without entering a PvP zone? The game seems so catered to PvP players. There is the golden vendor, so players don't have to leave the alliance zone to get PvE drops... but yet players are forced to go into an alliance zone to get caltrop and vigor? I don't mind having to level thru PvP to get those skills in any way, it just seems a bit.... unfair? Everyone else is crying about vMA like a bunch of entitled scrubs, so I felt like I should cry about something too.

Are you dating some ZOS person?
  • Rockndude
    Rockndude
    You are all missing Vuzion's point. The point is why complain about it? It is part of the game and it gets pvp and pve players out of their comfort zone to try out both. Honestly, grind out your new characters in normal Maelstrom and you will get your fighter's guild and undaunted ranked up at the same time while leveling at a reasonable pace. Its so easy. Then once you reach champ rank go PvP to your hearts content.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decado wrote: »
    Lol wut?

The game is catered to PvP players?

Since when?

Yhea THATS RIGHT PVP players are always getting nerferd cos of PVE players complaining on forums nerf this nerf that .. ohh wait hang on.......

Lol salty much? but true to a extent, as some players whine regardless, they are the ones who scream for nerfs, just like some PvE peeps scream for nerfs on PvE related stuff, so whats the difference?

I do both PvE and PvP and never once asked for nerfs, even took out Doshia before she got nerfed, or Molag Bal before he got nerfed, by guess what, some PvE players.

Theres whiners with no skill in both camps dude.

And for the record, I would not care if VmA weapons were on sale in Golder vendor, because having the weapons does not automatically make you a better player, its doing VmA that makes you a better player, I got most of the stuff I want from VmA, but the RnG is horrific and most who have actually done it more than a number of times will agree, @Decado for one, defo will.

Blades are you trying to make me the poster child for *** vMA RNG?

All I have to say to OP is not everyone who wants the weapons on the vendor is an 'entitled scrub' some of us have VALID reasons for wanting them on there

Lol mate, well tbh you are the most unluckiest player I have ever known, even across multiple games and genres, you are the elite of bad luck :p:D
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Rockndude
    Rockndude
    Just to give some credibility to the OP he has one of the best scores on Xbox NA running VMA streaming regularly. If anyone has trouble in the arena he is one to watch.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    nraner81 wrote: »
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    If you are trying to compare the difficulty of getting Vigor to the difficulty of getting Maelstrom weapons, you got to be out of your mind.

Want Vigor? Go repair walls at a keep for a couple hours and you will have it.
    Want a BiS weapon? Spend weeks or months banging your head against the worst content in the game.

Give me a break.

says the obviously slanted pvp emp.
    5hrs? lol nope, much longer even with a resto spam healer.
    someone link that study where 80% of eso players don't care about pvp AT ALL but pvp players make up half the cries
    FYI I would rather do vma 50 times than grind cal/vig again.
    If it's taking more than a day to get vigor then you probably just need to find a better group or go to a more active campaign. You should be able to get a decent amount from killing, healing, and offense/defense ticks if there is a high population of players on. If it's a lull in pop then just wall repair a bunch. I would say for newer players 20k/hour is definitely doable.
    Edited by Stoopid_Nwah on November 29, 2016 4:20AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why don´t we get rgn level ups on assault and support skilline.
    It might take you 1k ap to get to assault support 10 or it might take you 64 million (grandoverlord) to get support/assault rank10.
    Do you like the idea? - That´s what maelstrom rgn droprate feels like. I personally would enjoy the tears.

But since you´re probably not able to understand what i´m doing here i´ll explain it for a really slow thinker like you obviously are:
    People are not complaining about having to run the arena. People are complaining about not having a finite amount of runs to reach their goal of obtaining a specific weapon.
    Which is the complete opposite of what unlocking caltrops and vigor is. You have to earn 500k sth ap and you´re done.

That´s why everyone who wants it has caltrops and vigor unlocked and people are still complaining about vma while running it on a daily basis.

A person has to be batcrap insane to even make such a comparison.
    Edited by Derra on December 3, 2016 10:23AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's also nice how all the people that can't even complete vma think that when they can get vma weapons through other means they will somehow then be good. In reality they will then just be scrubs with a vma weapon.
    Edited by Woeler on December 4, 2016 2:48AM