The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

To the people who cry about vMA drops

Vuzion
Vuzion
Since there's so many people crying about wanting maelstrom weapons in the golden vendor because PvE is too hard.. I wanna ask, why don't we get the option to level support and assault skills without entering a PvP zone? The game seems so catered to PvP players. There is the golden vendor, so players don't have to leave the alliance zone to get PvE drops... but yet players are forced to go into an alliance zone to get caltrop and vigor? I don't mind having to level thru PvP to get those skills in any way, it just seems a bit.... unfair? Everyone else is crying about vMA like a bunch of entitled scrubs, so I felt like I should cry about something too.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vuzion wrote: »
    Since there's so many people crying about wanting maelstrom weapons in the golden vendor because PvE is too hard RNG..

Fixed it for you.

Edited by Mic1007 on November 22, 2016 10:15PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Vuzion
    Vuzion
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    Since there's so many people crying about wanting maelstrom weapons in the golden vendor because PvE is too hard RNG..

Fixed it for you.

Good call, but you get what I mean.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since there's so many people crying about wanting maelstrom weapons in the golden vendor because PvE is too hard.. I wanna ask, why don't we get the option to level support and assault skills without entering a PvP zone? The game seems so catered to PvP players. There is the golden vendor, so players don't have to leave the alliance zone to get PvE drops... but yet players are forced to go into an alliance zone to get caltrop and vigor? I don't mind having to level thru PvP to get those skills in any way, it just seems a bit.... unfair? Everyone else is crying about vMA like a bunch of entitled scrubs, so I felt like I should cry about something too.

Lol wut?

The game is catered to PvP players?

Since when?

And unlocking Vigor etc is laughably easy compare to the old days, this game has always catered mainly to PvE.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game caters to the employees of ZOS laughing at our expense.
  • CultOfMMO
    CultOfMMO
    ✭✭✭
    you know if you put in 5 hrs in cyrodiil you will get vigor, it might seem like the longest 5 hrs for a non-pvper, but its still a solid 5 hrs no more no less.

You never know if you will be in vMA once or 100 or 300 times. THAT is the issue ppl have been raising.

Did you even read those threads?
    vHoF HM 202k Tick-Tock Tormentor (Stamblade)
    vAS HM 111k Immortal Redeemer (Magplar)
    vCR HM 129k Gryphon Heart (Magblade/plar)
    vSS HM 245k NA 2nd Godslayer (Stamcro)
    Magblade vMA 601k
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad comparison. If I spend 200h fighting in pvp, I'll have everything I need. If I do 250 msa runs, I can't be sure to have my desired wepon.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are trying to compare the difficulty of getting Vigor to the difficulty of getting Maelstrom weapons, you got to be out of your mind.

Want Vigor? Go repair walls at a keep for a couple hours and you will have it.
    Want a BiS weapon? Spend weeks or months banging your head against the worst content in the game.

Give me a break.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Vuzion
    Vuzion
    I never said getting vigor was hard, did I? I'm making the point, ZoS is making it so PvP players don't have to leave alliance zone.. well why do I have to enter it to level stuff out? Y'all take this to heart don't ya?
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The golden vendor really caters to everyone as you can buy items for gold or AP. PVP (only) players still must do a huge amount of PVE dungeons to unlock the undaunted skill lines... & similarly, PVE (only) players must do some PVP to unlock the Alliance War skill lines. I think it's a really good system as it forces players to try something they might otherwise have avoided. As we have seen from multiple threads in the past.... many players end up enjoying the change.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Vuzion
    Vuzion
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    The golden vendor really caters to everyone as you can buy items for gold or AP. PVP (only) players still must do a huge amount of PVE dungeons to unlock the undaunted skill lines... & similarly, PVE (only) players must do some PVP to unlock the Alliance War skill lines. I think it's a really good system as it forces players to try something they might otherwise have avoided. As we have seen from multiple threads in the past.... many players end up enjoying the change.

That's a reply I was looking for, not people getting all upset. Very good point!
    Edited by Vuzion on November 22, 2016 10:27PM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never said getting vigor was hard, did I? I'm making the point, ZoS is making it so PvP players don't have to leave alliance zone.. well why do I have to enter it to level stuff out? Y'all take this to heart don't ya?

So we do not need to level undaunted on every new char?

You do not have a point to make, no offence.

To say the game caters to PvPers is laughable.

And you do not need to enter PvP to level stuff up, but most have to do PvE to get undaunted passives, big difference
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, you are talking about leveling a skill line vs getting armor.

PvP'ers cant get undaunted skill line up unless they run the content.
    Likewise, PvE'ers cant get alliance skill line unless they run the content.

The golden is there for all, PvP'ers and PvE'ers alike.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Lol wut?

Since when?

Yhea THATS RIGHT PVP players are always getting nerferd cos of PVE players complaining on forums nerf this nerf that .. ohh wait hang on.......
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think that the majority of people want vMA and Master weapons at the vendor. They rather want a similar drop system as before Dark Brotherhood.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's vDSA weapons (albeit with swapping the 2H traits over for them) that should be done, not vMA weapons.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol wut?

Since when?

Yhea THATS RIGHT PVP players are always getting nerferd cos of PVE players complaining on forums nerf this nerf that .. ohh wait hang on.......

Lol salty much? but true to a extent, as some players whine regardless, they are the ones who scream for nerfs, just like some PvE peeps scream for nerfs on PvE related stuff, so whats the difference?

I do both PvE and PvP and never once asked for nerfs, even took out Doshia before she got nerfed, or Molag Bal before he got nerfed, by guess what, some PvE players.

Theres whiners with no skill in both camps dude.

And for the record, I would not care if VmA weapons were on sale in Golder vendor, because having the weapons does not automatically make you a better player, its doing VmA that makes you a better player, I got most of the stuff I want from VmA, but the RnG is horrific and most who have actually done it more than a number of times will agree, @Decado for one, defo will.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol wut?

Since when?

Lol salty much? but true to a extent, as some players whine regardless, they are the ones who scream for nerfs, just like some PvE peeps scream for nerfs on PvE related stuff, so whats the difference?

I do both PvE and PvP and never once asked for nerfs, even took out Doshia before she got nerfed, or Molag Bal before he got nerfed, by guess what, some PvE players.

And for the record, I would not care if VmA weapons were on sale in Golder vendor, because having the weapons does not automatically make you a better player, its doing VmA that makes you a better player, I got most of the stuff I want from VmA, but the RnG is horrific and most who have actually done it more than a number of times will agree, @Decado for one, defo will.

HEHE nah not salty actually i do pvp and pve i just thought that was funny cos every time there is new nerf post just now is eye of the storm i believe calls to be nerferd.

i could not have said it better my self just because you got those items dose not mean you will get out of red circle and not die (face palm) seen it so many times.... there are 2 things that need change... stage 5 of VMSA I HATE IT and the RNG of it.
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol wut?

Since when?

HEHE nah not salty actually i do pvp and pve i just thought that was funny cos every time there is new nerf post just now is eye of the storm i believe calls to be nerferd.

i could not have said it better my self just because you got those items dose not mean you will get out of red circle and not die (face palm) seen it so many times.... there are 2 things that need change... stage 5 of VMSA I HATE IT and the RNG of it.

Hehe my bad, well from how you put it, I thought you were, slightly...

Yeah whiners will whine, its like on fps games when you kill someone and they instantly scream hacks, its not cos they are crap and are beat by a better player, its cos they are whiners with delusions of grandeur, same sickness of gaming mentality is prevalent in this game too, sadly.

Lol aye defo agree.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »

Fixed it for you.

Good call, but you get what I mean.

No... you're just crying about something else.

Edited by Unsent.Soul on November 22, 2016 10:48PM
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When going for vigor/caltrops there is a finite and constant amount of AP that must be earned in order to unlock those skills, and in fact over multiple updates, both the required AP has been reduced and the rate at which AP drops has been increased. In fact, you can literally buy wall repair kits and fix walls until you unlock vigor and it takes maybe 2 hours. So if you ABSOLUTELY refuse to pvp, you can basically avoid it altogether.

With vMA there is no cap on the number of runs that someone will need to take in order to get the desired weapon. There are people with hundreds of runs and hundreds of hours spent in vMA and they haven't and might NEVER get the weapon they want. People finishing vMA with 0 deaths in 40 minutes or less can't get the desired drop after months of grinding multiple runs a day EVEN DURING THE DOUBLE DROP EVENT, and some guy on his first run gets a perfect trait weapon that he wanted and then never goes back in and brags about his good drop constantly. This is complete bull***t.

Never suggest to me again that vMA weapon grind is in anyway comparable to unlocking pvp skills.

giphy.gif
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game caters to pvp? LOL i'm not even a 100% pvper and that statement made me laugh... then cry
    Edited by Voxicity on November 23, 2016 6:35PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People PLEASE stop tearing @Vuzion to pieces. Understand who you are speaking to:
    I will be cp160 tomorrow and grinding out all my vma weapons. It will take me a few days to have all BiS gear, but to max out cp idk. I am playing Mag Sorc. On Xb1 I played Stam sorc, Mag temp, and Mag nb.

This guy literally has no idea what he is talking about. Not even a tiny bit. Yeah, it's kinda sad that at 1-Star this is how he has chosen to introduce himself on the Forums.... still though, let's try to help them understand.

@Vuzion It took me almost 200 runs to get my desired weapon, a Maelstrom Inferno Staff in Sharpened. It also took me 150ish runs to drops my first Axe (without any Dagger drops).

The RNG of Vet Maelstrom is utterly horrific right now.
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're comparing apples to oranges.

It's not the difficulty of the content that bothers me. I've beaten vMA numerous times. It's actually pretty easy now. The problem with vMA and loot distribution as a whole is the randomness involved with it. You can spend a few hours PVPing and you're guaranteed to unlock vigor. However, spend a few hours in vMA or any dungeon for that matter, and you're not guaranteed the gear you're looking for.

I've spent the past 3 weeks farming for a sharpened spinner's sword. I've only had one sword drop and its trait was decisive. I could continue farming for another month and still not see a sharpened spinner's sword. Gear is not distributed based on skill or even persistence. Gear distribution is based on luck. It's a terrible and archaic design.
    Edited by Morbash on November 22, 2016 10:57PM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So we do not need to level undaunted on every new char?

You do not have a point to make, no offence.

To say the game caters to PvPers is laughable.

And you do not need to enter PvP to level stuff up, but most have to do PvE to get undaunted passives, big difference

Comparing the undaunted passive to vigor is really bad comparison. Just as bad as comparing vma to alliance skill line.

Stam characters without vigor? No way. Any character with undaunted mettle? Just fine.

Vigor > undaunted passives by a long shot.

I would hope they won't add vma weapons to ANY vendor that is able to be accessed by anyone who has not beaten vma.

I think the golden vendor has enough variety of different items.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there's so many people crying about wanting maelstrom weapons in the golden vendor because PvE is too hard..

No, that's not it at all. PVP players who have completed vMA would like a PVP acquisition path for these weapons. Especially those who now know vMA so well it is excruciatingly boring. It is possible for ZOS to enable an alternate acquisition path to only those who have completed vMA.

A player who plays ESO primarily for open world large scale PVP probably doesn't want to spend hundreds of hours in a solo instance.

Ideally, a PVP enthusiast should be able to spend the majority of his or her time in Cyrodiil and be rewarded for hard work and success there in the same way that PVE enthusiasts are rewarded for success and hard work.

The PVE grind is a major turn-off to PVP players and a reason why many have left and never returned.

Edited by zyk on November 22, 2016 11:20PM
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SHADOW2KK

LOl all good

"Yeah whiners will whine, its like on fps games when you kill someone and they instantly scream hacks, its not cos they are crap and are beat by a better player, its cos they are whiners with delusions of grandeur, same sickness of gaming mentality is prevalent in this game too, sadly."

AHAHAHA i remember those days playing FPS game especially BF games when you hear enemy footsteps around the corner and you know where they are so you knife them from behind only to be called a cheater or sniping a heli pilot while he is flying and getting called hacker ... now i miss BF ..i am thinking of trying out BF One.... we shall see

• Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

When going for vigor/caltrops there is a finite and constant amount of AP that must be earned in order to unlock those skills, and in fact over multiple updates, both the required AP has been reduced and the rate at which AP drops has been increased. In fact, you can literally buy wall repair kits and fix walls until you unlock vigor and it takes maybe 2 hours. So if you ABSOLUTELY refuse to pvp, you can basically avoid it altogether.

With vMA there is no cap on the number of runs that someone will need to take in order to get the desired weapon. There are people with hundreds of runs and hundreds of hours spent in vMA and they haven't and might NEVER get the weapon they want. People finishing vMA with 0 deaths in 40 minutes or less can't get the desired drop after months of grinding multiple runs a day EVEN DURING THE DOUBLE DROP EVENT, and some guy on his first run gets a perfect trait weapon that he wanted and then never goes back in and brags about his good drop constantly. This is complete bull***t.

Never suggest to me again that vMA weapon grind is in anyway comparable to unlocking pvp skills.

giphy.gif

50e.jpg
    The Legendary Nothing
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maelstrom weapons don't need be on the vendor to alleviate the RNG issue. Many people don't seem to realize that.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SHADOW2KK

LOl all good

"Yeah whiners will whine, its like on fps games when you kill someone and they instantly scream hacks, its not cos they are crap and are beat by a better player, its cos they are whiners with delusions of grandeur, same sickness of gaming mentality is prevalent in this game too, sadly."

AHAHAHA i remember those days playing FPS game especially BF games when you hear enemy footsteps around the corner and you know where they are so you knife them from behind only to be called a cheater or sniping a heli pilot while he is flying and getting called hacker ... now i miss BF ..i am thinking of trying out BF One.... we shall see

Lol good to see a fellow BF vet on here, our numbers are very low I think.

Completely agree with ya there lol.

I love my knifing on them games, and the old AN-94 on BF3 taking out a chopper pilot with a headshot, so so many gaming moments, and a lot of them produced many hackusations, same with CoD, once the kids came in around MW2 it just went to hell, before people had mutual respect, sure, hackers were about but they are easy to spot.

Enjoy BF1 matey.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS is making it so PvP players don't have to leave alliance zone
    So you think we run around naked with no armor? Every PVP build depends on dropped items from PVE zones at least to some extent if not entirely. Only one monster piece shows up each week, and we have to spend more AP on it (200k) than it takes to unlock Vigor (100k). Don't need the piece the Golden is selling? You may wait months for the one you want to show up. It's much easier nowadays to get keys from pledges and run dungeons multiple times (also with trading helms/items to other group members) than it is to wait for the right monster helm/shoulder to show up.
    Edited by Kartalin on November 23, 2016 1:21AM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube