Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO is constantly crashing on new PS4 PRO

Twohothardware
Twohothardware
✭✭✭✭✭
As much as I like my new Pro this constant crashing on ESO is starting to really annoy. As overs have stated it happens the most in Cyrodiil. When can we expect a fix?
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I like my new Pro this constant crashing on ESO is starting to really annoy. As overs have stated it happens the most in Cyrodiil. When can we expect a fix?
    Actual state of this issue is ignoring on forums, support at least did tell that devs are working on fix, but because we talk about ZoS, no ETA for this fix.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not your console
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens a lot on Xbox One as well. I think this is an ESO problem in general, not just one platform or one console.

We have created threads, and Gina even said they were at least investigating a fix for the impossibility to log back in Cyrodiil after a crash.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hugocbp wrote: »
    It happens a lot on Xbox One as well. I think this is an ESO problem in general, not just one platform or one console.

We have created threads, and Gina even said they were at least investigating a fix for the impossibility to log back in Cyrodiil after a crash.
    On PS4 Pro game crashes every 5-20 minutes, so it's not the same issue at all :)

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hugocbp wrote: »

On PS4 Pro game crashes every 5-20 minutes, so it's not the same issue at all :)

Ah. I get 30 min crashes but only in Cyrodiil on Xbox.

Outside PvP it usually takes 2-3 hours each crash. Still bad, but not THAT bad.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ps4 Na
    Ps4 3-4 hours
    Ps4 Pro 30 min
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the pro crashes a lot not just ESO, it crashes me on skyrim as well today, it crashes on pretty much all 4K games if you google it.
    I'm now selling the pro and buying slim.
    Pc na
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    Yes the pro crashes a lot not just ESO, it crashes me on skyrim as well today, it crashes on pretty much all 4K games if you google it.
    It's the way to say that console is broken? I've played a lot in Uncharted 4 and completed Tomb Raider in 4k, you know what? Zero lag, zero crashes.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    It's also crashing often on regular PS4, so probably game related instead of console.
  • sqbi
    sqbi
    Soul Shriven
    Not only the PS4 PRO is having issues. I can't play on my regular PS4 too. Everything was fine yesterday but now keeps getting crash after crash [CE-34878-0]. I log in move 2 feets and blue screen appear.

Only ESO is like that!

Hope someone from Zenimax will give us an answer WTF is going on!!!
  • kim95x
    kim95x
    Soul Shriven
    I keep getting a connection time out error. Let's hope they fix this soon.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue screen after blue screen when I get in the middle of a large zerg in Cyrodiil.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After struggling some time I've switched PS4(in console settings) image output settings to 1080p and seems like it helped, a lot
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on November 26, 2016 8:11PM
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played more than 5 hours without crashes with something like 3 hours in cyrodiil, so this workaround fixes crashes, too bad that ZoS didn't share it with us
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably 100 hours in Skyrim in 4K. Maybe 2 crashes. That isn't too bad. Eso I can do questing just fine for hours. I just have to avoid crafting, dyeing, and Cyrodiil or I will get crash after crash. ZOS needs to get on a fix.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After struggling some time I've switched PS4(in console settings) image output settings to 1080p and seems like it helped, a lot

Changed to 1080 (under ESO option, setting, video), plyed 4 hours no lag or crash in pve and Cyrodiil, but still the same error and crashed after 4 hour.
    Graphics looks the same to me anyway.
    Edited by akl77 on November 28, 2016 11:03AM
    Pc na
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Changed to 1080 (under ESO option, setting, video), plyed 4 hours no lag or crash in pve and Cyrodiil, but still the same error and crashed after 4 hour.
    you're lucky if you didn't crash when console still in 4k mode, i've tried a lot of things and only forcing console setting fixed crashes.

• Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played more than 5 hours without crashes with something like 3 hours in cyrodiil, so this workaround fixes crashes, too bad that ZoS didn't share it with us

Giving up 4k though is a pretty serious workaround. That's like just going back to your old PS4.

What kind of 4k display are you using? Going from a 27" 1080p monitor to a 27" 4k monitor was a large difference in graphics for me and brought the game quite a bit closer to how it looks on my iMac running the PC version.
    Edited by Twohothardware on November 28, 2016 7:14PM
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    Changing the console video output to 1080p is only thing that works for me on PS4 Pro which sucks. I hate having to remember to change it back to 2160p everytime I stop playing ESO.

Things for me on Pro that cause Blue Screens running 4k or 1080p Enhanced.

Cyrodiil like every 5 mins, Requires logging into a different char first before you can log back into the char you crashed on.

Crafting Station.

Dye Stations.

Costumes menu.

Dueling. Requires logging into a different char first before you can log back into the char you crashed on.

Opening treasure chest.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Giving up 4k though is a pretty serious workaround. That's like just going back to your old PS4.
    At least it does work, i prefer 1080p output than constant crashes.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing after today's patch. Just crashed in the middle of Mournhold bank.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And log back on and crash again within 10 minutes in the same area.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And log back on and crash again within 10 minutes in the same area.
    ty for info.
    So zero notes about 4K PS4 Pro in patch notes in this case means that ZoS didn't fixed it :)
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 1, 2016 12:56PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ty for info.
    So zero notes about 4K PS4 Pro in patch notes in this case means that ZoS didn't fixed it :)
    Every thread/comment on PS4Pro instability and crashing seems to have been roundly ignored by ZOS staff so I'm not confident they're even working on a fix.

PS4NA
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just change ESO option, setting, graphics, select 1080 instead of 4K.
    Will help a little with delay but will still crash after 4 hours.
    Pc na
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    ty for info.
    Every thread/comment on PS4Pro instability and crashing seems to have been roundly ignored by ZOS staff so I'm not confident they're even working on a fix.
    Actually, i've found significant change in 1.19 for PS4 Pro: they removed water reflections in enhanced 1080p mode.

@ZOS_GinaBruno WTF is wrong with your dev team? Are they monkeys whose success at coding can be calculated only using probability theory or what?
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 2, 2016 9:29AM
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    Their not going to comment on it because it probably wont be fixed till next stupid DLC, ZOS has their priorities all jacked up.

Im sure if we say enough bad thing's a ZOS member will finally say something, but not to tell us it's being looked into, only to make a post "We are sorry this thread is being locked".
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, i've found significant change in 1.19 for PS4 Pro: they removed water reflections in enhanced 1080p mode...
    Are you serious? They're still advertising it...

"The PlayStation®4 Pro allows you to play in 1080p Enhanced Mode, which...also includes graphical enhancements to ambient occlusion, water reflections, and improves shadow fidelity"

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/11/10/play-eso-in-4k-on-the-playstationr4-pro

If that's been pulled in the latest patch and still the crashes continue, then we're walking backwards. I don't know what to think.

PS4NA
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change in graphics after Tuesday's HDR patch is annoying me more now than the occasional PS4 Pro crashes. It's a noticeable downgrade in the graphics with these crushed blacks and scenery so dark you have to strain to see in some areas.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Actually, i've found significant change in 1.19 for PS4 Pro: they removed water reflections in enhanced 1080p mode...
    Are you serious? They're still advertising it...

It wasn't joke, water reflections are really gone on my PS4 Pro (1080p enhanced) in pvp and pve
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 3, 2016 2:27AM