The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unique Ideas...

SneaK
SneaK
✭✭✭✭✭
Witch's Wagon?
I heard there was a caravan carrying some dark magic somewhere near the canyons of Bloodmayne... we should check that out.
Got there, sure enough it was about 10 witches and necromancers carrying some sort of glowing brew. Well anyway, we need to get this back to the keep ASAP and see what we can make of it.
Holy hell, look at the size of that Titan, seems like a nice doge though, guess he'll just stay here and hang out at the keep.

(So if that cringing dialogue didn't paint the picture for you, basically what I'm proposing here is that there could be caravans out there, say 4-6 times a day, carrying dark magic, that when intercepted, you can -carry like a scroll- back to a keep/outpost/respawn point and summon a massive, awesome guardian for said spot.)

The Usurper, would have loved this.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/259993/lets-crown-the-usurper

Just an idea, which I think, may, help in those pop locked all one colored campaigns..

Usurper =/= Emperor (But, gains the same buffs, buffs are not alliance wide though, like Emp bonus)

Emperor Alliance, cannot crown a Usurper.

In order to crown the Usurper you'd have to cap all the outer keeps, Brindle, Drakelowe, Dragonclaw, and HOLD THEM.

Owning all 3 would crown the Usurp, which would then basically be the underdog Emp, who could help push the map for as long as your alliance could successfully hold those 3 outer keeps.

Mix it up, folks.

Quest Changes - Not as outlandish, or awesome, as the first two. But a quality of life upgrade nonetheless.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/273882/update-cyrodiil-challenges-quests

To me this is a very small improvement that could be made that would greatly benefit small group instances, teamwork, and objective play.

The idea - Make most the Cyrodiil challenges/quests worth much more AP/gold.

Changes -
Capture specific scroll - 15K AP
Capture specific enemy keep - 10K AP
Capture specific enemy resource - 5K AP
Scout enemy territory - 3.5K AP (Not shareable)

No change -
Kill Players

How this would create better play?
That's pretty simple really, people would actually do these quests. They would journey out there by themselves to do a scouting mission every now and then, would make for more "in the wild" encounters with enemies. People might actually say hey I have a quest I can share to take Brindle back from EP.. want me to share it and we can go?? It's possible that a scroll runner would actually turn in a scroll, instead of taking to resource tower.. They might, just might, start thinking of other ways to get AP aside from jumping up and down at choke points.

Make these buffs make sense.
I think they should eliminate the Blessing of War buff and just make that the Home Keep Bonus buff. That would promote players, and even AP farmers, to at least own the home keeps. I don't think the alliance that owns the whole map should be given any more incentive to make the opposing factions suffer any more.
Edited by SneaK on November 29, 2016 8:51PM
"IMO"
Aldmeri Dominion
Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
(+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the quest changes one I would be wary of.
    IMO it woud be better to have high yield AP quests.....but not shared.
    ie. Only one active quest per group.
    Otherwise it just becomes a quest AP stacking exercise for a massive zerg.
    Rolling from one keep to another.

Like the rest though.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest 1 is way too op lol
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Only the quest changes one I would be wary of.
    IMO it woud be better to have high yield AP quests.....but not shared.
    ie. Only one active quest per group.
    Otherwise it just becomes a quest AP stacking exercise for a massive zerg.
    Rolling from one keep to another.

Like the rest though.

Well you can only carry one Capture Keep Quest at a time. So, if you're in a group that whole group would only be able to have one of that type of quest, which is currently shareable. But the rewards are just so bad they don't dictate any objective play. You'll make more AP running with a zerg from random keep to random keep than doing the current bounties. I guess for me the way I am seeing it is it would end up acting like a better way for pick up groups to not zerg. I picture people actually grouping up and heading out to take specific objectives, as opposed to just following the mob from choke point to choke point. I dunno.
    KisoValley wrote: »
    Quest 1 is way too op lol

I f'ing love it. I had a thought in the back of my head about this one too though, which was that the caravans would only spawn in areas that favor the losing sides. So, hopefully it would be harder for the already dominating faction to take advantage of it..
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crown the usurper one is awesome. That is what is needed because the side that has the emp, assuming the emp is actually helpful and not just a wall farmer, has such a huge advantage. There really needs to be that player on the other side that can counter the emp.

Something that I would think would be good is an AP tic when your faction takes emp or when you de-emp another faction.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    The crown the usurper one is awesome. That is what is needed because the side that has the emp, assuming the emp is actually helpful and not just a wall farmer, has such a huge advantage. There really needs to be that player on the other side that can counter the emp.

Something that I would think would be good is an AP tic when your faction takes emp or when you de-emp another faction.

Glad you read it, I really liked the Usurp idea. I realize it would never happen, but at the very least we can put fresh ideas out there for these devs and hopefully give them some motivation to #MAKECYROGREATAGAIN.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some more ideas: soft caps, dynamic ult, old siphoning passive, stam reg while blocking, no deto, no destro ult, no stam skills, only proc sets are sustain sets like warlock and lich
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    Some more ideas: soft caps, dynamic ult, old siphoning passive, stam reg while blocking, no deto, no destro ult, no stam skills, only proc sets are sustain sets like warlock and lich

So... roll the game back 6 major updates?

On topic however, I really do like the Usurper idea...

But a more practical change would be to change the dethrone requirements. Rather than having the dethrone occur when the last Emp keep gets flipped, have the dethrone occur if either of two conditions is met:
    1. All emp keeps for the reigning faction are lost (current system)
    2. The faction with emp posseses only one emp keep for 2 hours.
    How many times have we seen AD hole up in Alessia - arguably the most defensible keep in cyrodiil - with a DC or EP scroll (to attract more AD pugs I guess) and then hold it with their entire faction while holding pretty much 0 other keeps and simultaneously lagging the entire server for 6 straight hours? Not blaming AD specifically, but it is the current example as of the last NA primetime.

Condition 2 would put pressure on the Emp to do more than faction stack the last keep until the server crashes out the attacking factions while also allowing enough time to actually defend the title if truly desired.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter