The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update Cyrodiil Challenges/Quests

SneaK
SneaK
✭✭✭✭✭
To me this is a very small improvement that could be made that would greatly benefit small group instances, teamwork, and objective play.

The idea - Make most the Cyrodiil challenges/quests worth much more AP/gold.

Changes -
Capture specific scroll - 15K AP
Capture specific enemy keep - 10K AP
Capture specific enemy resource - 5K AP
Scout enemy territory - 3.5K AP (Not shareable)

No change -
Kill Players

How this would create better play?
That's pretty simple really, people would actually do these quests. They would journey out there by themselves to do a scouting mission every now and then, would make for more "in the wild" encounters with enemies. People might actually say hey I have a quest I can share to take Brindle back from EP.. want me to share it and we can go?? It's possible that a scroll runner would actually turn in a scroll, instead of taking to resource tower.. They might, just might, start thinking of other ways to get AP aside from jumping up and down at choke points.

To add, equally important.
- I've posted about this before, but I think they should eliminate the Blessing of War buff and just make that the Home Keep Bonus buff. That would promote players, and even AP farmers, to at least own the home keeps. I don't think the alliance that owns the whole map should be given any more incentive to make the opposing factions suffer any more.
Edited by SneaK on November 28, 2016 9:04PM
"IMO"
Aldmeri Dominion
Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
(+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully agree, these quests are ridiculous. You get more AP for a single kill. Which means, with the time it takes to turn in one the quests, you could have made ten times that.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully agree, these quests are ridiculous. You get more AP for a single kill. Which means, with the time it takes to turn in one the quests, you could have made ten times that.

Yea, it's unfortunate that these devs and this PvP community can't hone in on the little things. Making some small changes to how the AP system works would greatly improve the PvP culture.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
  • AlexHo1982
    AlexHo1982
    ✭✭
    It is the same Problem as with PvE quests: as long as you can level faster by farming either players or npcs, there is no real value in doing quests. The rewards are just too small. Adding blue sets to PvE dailies in the new dlcs was good thing and I would like to see random blue PvP sets being rewarded together with higher AP numbers for those PvP quests mentioned above. This might also help to split up players around Cyrodiil, instead of everyone heading to the nearest keep under attack...

Additionally I would love to see them bring the Justice System to Cyrodiil, since it was scrapped from the TG dlc. One way could be using the Fighter's Guild Bounty Quests to add player bounties for emperors and players with the highest PvE bounty on them.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS should make a new daily quest which can be shared and the reward is a golden key for undaunted chests.

The quest should be "capture a resource in one of the home keeps of your enemies (random as it is now)." Then ppl can group and go capture the resource. On the other hand your enemies will try to stop you when they see that a resource is under attack. This can lead to small scale PvP.
    Because I can!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the amount of AP you get from a quest should be higher, and should definitely be in the thousands (ie, at least 10 times the current value). You usually get more AP from capturing a keep at random than you do for capturing the keep the alliance general specifically wants.

Something I mentioned a long time ago would also help encourage people to do the quests; the keeps chosen for the quest shouldn't be picked at random, they should be prioritised dependent on your current keep ownership:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    In my opinion, there should be a precedence of keep missions, detailed below (assuming your alliance owns nothing at the top of the list, and everything at the bottom), in which the ones higher up in the list are more likely to be given:
    1. Join an in-progress Assault (inner wall above 50%)
    2. (Re-)Capture Home Gate Keeps
    3. (Re-)Capture Home Hub Keep
    4. (Re-)Capture Home Ring Keeps
    5. (Re-)Capture Home Outer Keep
      At this point, your alliance owns all of their Home keeps, and none of the Enemy keeps. No bonuses are given for controlling Enemy keeps if you don't control all Home keeps, so recapturing Home keeps should have mission precedence over capturing Enemy ones.
    6. Capture Enemy Ring Keeps
    7. Capture Enemy Hub/Outer Keeps
    8. Capture Enemy Gate Keeps
    That thread also included a concept for "Keep Defence Missions", if you're interested in having a read :smiley:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the amount of AP you get from a quest should be higher, and should definitely be in the thousands (ie, at least 10 times the current value). You usually get more AP from capturing a keep at random than you do for capturing the keep the alliance general specifically wants.

Something I mentioned a long time ago would also help encourage people to do the quests; the keeps chosen for the quest shouldn't be picked at random, they should be prioritised dependent on your current keep ownership:
    In my opinion, there should be a precedence of keep missions, detailed below (assuming your alliance owns nothing at the top of the list, and everything at the bottom), in which the ones higher up in the list are more likely to be given:
      At this point, your alliance owns all of their Home keeps, and none of the Enemy keeps. No bonuses are given for controlling Enemy keeps if you don't control all Home keeps, so recapturing Home keeps should have mission precedence over capturing Enemy ones.
    That thread also included a concept for "Keep Defence Missions", if you're interested in having a read :smiley:

I totally agree on that the order of precedence should be home keeps - enemy home keeps. But I have to say that in my opinion the simpler the better here. Quests for capping specific keeps would band more people together than quests to capture multiple keeps, cause it's more achievable. I just picture myself in a completely one-sided campaign grabbing a quest to take back Black Boot (worth 10K AP), you bet I'd go straight into area chat and try to get some folks to go with me. Being a shareable quest a group would probably be formed, and boom, there you have it, people actually playing the map with incentive to do so. I think it would gimp the pug group a little and maybe not give as much incentive if we had to take two keeps to complete our quest.. I may have read your comment wrong.. Some of your other suggestions would be cool, but I feel like it walks the line with giving incentive to complete map control, and defensive "ticks" can already be pretty large. Link the thread?

I've posted about this before, but I think they should eliminate the Blessing of War buff and just make that the Home Keep Bonus buff. That would promote players, and even AP farmers, to at least own the home keeps. I don't think the alliance that owns the whole map should be given any more incentive to make the opposing factions suffer any more. Tangent = Perhaps make a total domination buff that would actually pull people from being topside to go to the Imp City, like 3x the amount of gold/stones earned or something.. gives incentive to dominate, but then incentive to go somewhere else... ha

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »

I totally agree on that the order of precedence should be home keeps - enemy home keeps. But I have to say that in my opinion the simpler the better here. Quests for capping specific keeps would band more people together than quests to capture multiple keeps, cause it's more achievable. I just picture myself in a completely one-sided campaign grabbing a quest to take back Black Boot (worth 10K AP), you bet I'd go straight into area chat and try to get some folks to go with me. Being a shareable quest a group would probably be formed, and boom, there you have it, people actually playing the map with incentive to do so. I think it would gimp the pug group a little and maybe not give as much incentive if we had to take two keeps to complete our quest.. I may have read your comment wrong.. Some of your other suggestions would be cool, but I feel like it walks the line with giving incentive to complete map control, and defensive "ticks" can already be pretty large. Link the thread?
    What I meant was that, as a DC player for example, the quests "Capture Fort Rayles" and "Capture Fort Warden" would be the most likely quests you'd receive if you didn't own those keeps, and "Capture Castle Faregyl" would be less likely to show up if you didn't already own all your home keeps and the Emperor keeps.

The quote is directly from the thread, so you can just click on the » , but here's a link to the first post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/126492/warfront-missions-for-keep-defense/p1
    I've posted about this before, but I think they should eliminate the Blessing of War buff and just make that the Home Keep Bonus buff. That would promote players, and even AP farmers, to at least own the home keeps. I don't think the alliance that owns the whole map should be given any more incentive to make the opposing factions suffer any more.
    Is that the one you get for killing delve bosses? I never really understood why that gave a bonus to AP, as it doesn't help the war effort at all.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »

What I meant was that, as a DC player for example, the quests "Capture Fort Rayles" and "Capture Fort Warden" would be the most likely quests you'd receive if you didn't own those keeps, and "Capture Castle Faregyl" would be less likely to show up if you didn't already own all your home keeps and the Emperor keeps.

The quote is directly from the thread, so you can just click on the » , but here's a link to the first post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/126492/warfront-missions-for-keep-defense/p1
    I've posted about this before, but I think they should eliminate the Blessing of War buff and just make that the Home Keep Bonus buff. That would promote players, and even AP farmers, to at least own the home keeps. I don't think the alliance that owns the whole map should be given any more incentive to make the opposing factions suffer any more.
    Is that the one you get for killing delve bosses? I never really understood why that gave a bonus to AP, as it doesn't help the war effort at all.

Yes it is, and it makes no sense. They really need to flip flop those bonuses, it would honestly make for a healthier Cyrodiil, and it would be very simple.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, just sayin................
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion