Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Beautiful new motif and no new sets worth crafting...what a waste.

• Darethran
    Darethran
    ✭✭✭
    What ZOS needs to do now is Institute Jewelry crafting now for craftable sets, that would bring people back to craftable sets,

this means you could make rings and necklaces for Seducer set, Hundings Rage, etc..

This would balance out the current DROP set inbalance to the game..

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror

I've never understood why we don't have jewellery crafting. If it's an issue of how it should be done...I've an idea.

Take any ring, and a piece of gear that has the same level as the ring + the set bonus + specific colour upgrade. Go to a new crafting station, select the jewellery and set item, click "Process", et voila. The ring has the set bonuses, trait and upgrade tier as the original piece of gear, at the cost of the gear being destroyed.
    In Scotland | @Darethran

[EU] Ervona Saranith (EP) - Lvl 50 CP >560 - Dunmer Healer
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jewellery crafting now plz. And no more proc sets. Proc sets are literally 90% of what is wrong with ESO.

The other 10% is Mag DK in PVP :#
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafting in the game is pointless. There's only a handful of sets worth it, and many sets (Hist Bark) were never updated to keep up with the changes of the game. Dropped sets are, for the most part, the best of the best. There's no transmog, there's no real reason to farm motifs.

For PVE, there's mostly 5 really viable sets. TBS, Julianos, Hunding's, Tava's and Night Mother's. For PVP, a few others stand out like Eternal Hunt and Clever Alchemist. Kagrenac's is pretty good overall, too.

But the utility/benefit of using crafted sets (not to mention the SERIOUS resource costs) make most crafted sets kind of... meh. Not to say terrible, but so few sets are really good. Even then, a lot of the dropped sets are really just "WHO is this set for?" Fiord's Legacy? Darkstride? Almost all the VMA sets...

I think a lot of sets are just created to have sets, but there's no real goal. Like nobody sat down to go "Who is this for, and why?" 10% more run speed as a 5th tier bonus? There's really no point to so many sets. A lot of the new ones are decent, but there's still so many legacy sets that just make you go "Why?"
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly jewelry crafting isn't a solution and adding new sets isn't a solution.

The issue with craftable sets is that they aren't really craftable and viable.

Pretty simple is this.....

People actually want the ability to change what drops. Artwork, traits, etc.

People want more things to craft outside of the sets

People keep saying they want this or that but overall, crafting is still the same limited idea from closed beta.

The game has had two major changes. Tamriel Unlimited and now One Tamriel but crafting is still the same.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be a great gold sink, increase sales of Crown Store, and be highly appreciated by most of the players.

We NEED transmogrification!
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This needs a change we need to be able to use the motifs I hate that I'm stuck with the default look of drop sets ugh
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafters need ability to change the style of items.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting has been left behind since day 1.

1. Need to be able to add different traits, like the 5 pc bonus set that are dropped.
    2. Need to be able to change styles of dropped sets and craftable sets for that matter
    3. Jewelry crafting
    4. Unlocking material levels to fit with 1T (rubedite doesn't dye well)
    5. Being able to upgrade bound gear for others
    6. Allow level upgrade of current lower level dropped sets

Just to name a few. Note all of these are not my ideas, so credit to whomever I bor rowed some of these from.

Now all of these would be based on some new skills. Like if I run a trial I could research one of those traits and add it to my knowledge. Then and only then could I add it to, or swap out, an existing set. Some of these thing would allow crafting to viable.

I have spent tons of gold buying motifs, now it appears I will be spending real money. This has to stop with the crown store. I will happily pay for mounts, costumes and such, but locking item that should have been released in game is wrong. What about the style mats for these motifs, will I have to continue to spend real money on mimic stones to craft these sets? If so we will then have a real life money to gold exchange, you know the ones they go after for selling gold.

Of course this will all depend on if they even bother to make crafting viable again.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'd be a great gold sink, increase sales of Crown Store, and be highly appreciated by most of the players.

ZOS has already said "no" though. =/ They know we want it, but they've nixed changing traits on gear. Doesn't mean we won't eventually get custom costumes, but as it is... we're kind of boned.
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

ZOS has already said "no" though. =/ They know we want it, but they've nixed changing traits on gear. Doesn't mean we won't eventually get custom costumes, but as it is... we're kind of boned.

Transmogrification would be like giving ESO a well-balanced home-cooked meal it'd increase the health of it substantially and the players will eat it right up!
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Crafting in the game is pointless. There's only a handful of sets worth it, and many sets (Hist Bark) were never updated to keep up with the changes of the game. Dropped sets are, for the most part, the best of the best. There's no transmog, there's no real reason to farm motifs.

For PVE, there's mostly 5 really viable sets. TBS, Julianos, Hunding's, Tava's and Night Mother's. For PVP, a few others stand out like Eternal Hunt and Clever Alchemist. Kagrenac's is pretty good overall, too.

But the utility/benefit of using crafted sets (not to mention the SERIOUS resource costs) make most crafted sets kind of... meh. Not to say terrible, but so few sets are really good. Even then, a lot of the dropped sets are really just "WHO is this set for?" Fiord's Legacy? Darkstride? Almost all the VMA sets...

I think a lot of sets are just created to have sets, but there's no real goal. Like nobody sat down to go "Who is this for, and why?" 10% more run speed as a 5th tier bonus? There's really no point to so many sets. A lot of the new ones are decent, but there's still so many legacy sets that just make you go "Why?"

@Preyfar

Darkstride 5pc with Fiord 5pc is on my crafter/farmer. She's like the Flash when farming mats.

Then again, crafting really is in the toilet with this game now.

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made my first Million farming Daedric motifs back in the day. Now, I dont even bother collecting them. Until they give crafters the ability to change Motifs on dropped gear, there is absolutely zero point to new Motifs. Even if there was a crafted set you want to run (TBS and NightMothers are still used alot) you are likely still having to match them with other gear which never looks good, so you equip a costume.
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you want is an outfit system. I wrote a thread about it.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darkstride 5pc with Fiord 5pc is on my crafter/farmer. She's like the Flash when farming mats.

Then again, crafting really is in the toilet with this game now.
    Heh. I could at least see that to some degree, but it still seems like a waste of a set. Speed alone isn't bad, but... give it speed and like extra regen, speed and some extra weapon damage or something like.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... no slutty santa costume... wtf is this?
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Doomslinger781
    Doomslinger781
    ✭✭✭
    They should just stop making new motifs, especially the helmet and shoulder pieces, amirite?

Time to reinvent the dailies grind wheel... because "Transmog? look, what those other MMOs do is too complicated. Here's some crown crates."
    Templar: Duncan Castlehoff (main)
    Sorc: Sabine Lumoria
    DK: Auderlant
    NB: Yggmeena
    Templar: Mukambei
    DK: Stegmon
    Sorc: Gruze Von Kruger
    NB: Gnarl Ballin
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smepic wrote: »
    What you want is an outfit system. I wrote a thread about it.

No I don't want an outfit system, I want freedom to craft and be as viable as dropped sets.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear Transmorph.

Wow can do it and technologically speaking that game is ancient.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree and i disagree.

It is sad to get more motifs and less reason to use thrm.

But i do NOT want more crafted sets.

I want crafted setd to get new functionality that makes them different from the fixed drop sets in the form of customizable elements. That nre function alone could do more to enhance existing sets snd "create" more "new" sets than any additions could.

See my crafting package in my sig for details.

But also consider if you think those are over the top - consider the impact of even one small change like "can "prune" at crafting time deleting one of the 2-3-4 pc bonuses, turning the set into a 4pc set with the former 5pc being in 4 now."

While i think the better options below are fine, this "pruning" option alone opens up a lot of build possibilities that a few more pre-fab sets dont.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very surprised the first thread I found was a complaint thread about it being a crown store exclusive style.

Color me impressed, even if it was still a complaint thread.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Very surprised the first thread I found was a complaint thread about it being a crown store exclusive style.

Oh no that's still bunch of crap.

There you feel better now? Or should I have used stronger language?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with pretty much all of above.

I am crafting fancy draugurs and yokudans to new little crafters for leveling at levels like 16 or 36. I am dressing them like dolls. My top crafters wear drop sets!

With IC vr16 crafted gear started to cost over ten times more. ZOS said that they wanted crafting gear to be as difficult to acquire as drop gear. Move ahead to 1T and drop gear drop like candy. Question: why crafting cp160 gear still takes that much mats?

Now it is extremely easy to wear 5+5 sets. Jewelry is the most easiest gear to farm. Where is jewelry crafting? A year ago i think Wrobel said that they don't want to introduce OP 5+5 combinations. But they just did it with drop sets. Why is crafting deliberately left behind?

Master, Maelström and monster sets offer 1 or 1-2 item bonuses. Where are crafted sets of 1 and 1-2 bonuses? Since gear is now often 5+5, it needs to get augmented with one of two weapons. This is prefect place for crafting, but there are no craftable sets being able to fullfill it.

Crafting progression has been stalled (at least for me) last two years. ZOS should make same kind of champion system to crafting as there is for character advancement. Excluding the newest Aetheric Ambrosia (um, WTB 1m), i can craft everything. There is nothing left to learn. I have three crafters with nine traits on everything. I'm kicking tires and twisting my thumbs...

Talking about Aetheric recipe, why it is a jackpot drop - beyond farmability? Why can't crafters earn it like psijic? It's a drop!
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Costumes in my opinion defeat the purpose of crafting and wearing what you find, I think they are great once you are bored with the styles you can get in game on that character.

Agree with this. I don't like the costumes at all, unless its a themed one for a certain amount of time, like the awesome pumpkin spectre during Halloween (technically polymorph I guess, but same idea). Otherwise, I want people to look at me (especially noobs :trollface: ) and go, "Ooo wow that looks awesome, I wonder what motif style that is?"

Agreed 100%. I actually want the things I'm wearing to give me my protection, stats, and bonuses to look cool.

This is the main reason I've never been a huge fan of Appearance Tabs in other games, also. I want to have cool-looking functional armor, not high-stat-but-fugly garbage covered up by the appearance of wearing something totally different.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • BlackPhillip
    BlackPhillip
    ✭✭✭
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    For crafting to be really meaningful in any MMO, crafted items HAVE to be the best in the game. Drops should never be as good as the best crafted items.

If you want to create a boss-grind to get good gear, then have the mobs drop mats to make the special gear from. DO NOT DROP THE GEAR ITSELF.
    QrUhe8F.gif
    ASSASMITE COVEN
    FRIENDLY DUNGEOUN RUNNERS
    ANGRY UNICORN TRADERS

Blackphillip Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Blackphillip Da Goat Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    For crafting to be really meaningful in any MMO, crafted items HAVE to be the best in the game. Drops should never be as good as the best crafted items.

If you want to create a boss-grind to get good gear, then have the mobs drop mats to make the special gear from. DO NOT DROP THE GEAR ITSELF.

I love this idea
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    acw37162 wrote: »

Oh no that's still bunch of crap.

There you feel better now? Or should I have used stronger language?

Nah, that's good keeping the bar low.

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't really matter. Not spending any more on crowns until ZoS fixes all the bugs and exploits and lag in this game. Otherwise, it's a waste of money.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, PLEASE allow us to restyle dropped sets (minus Monster sets) because I'm a bit bummed that to wear BiS gear, I have to look ugly.
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't really matter. Not spending any more on crowns until ZoS fixes all the bugs and exploits and lag in this game. Otherwise, it's a waste of money.

As much as I agree with this, ZOS did a good job at getting us by the balls (or female equivalent, in my case) with this one. I can't not have this. Which I guess renders the point moot, since ZOS knows we're gonna buy the motif regardless of how much use it has at the moment.

NA PS4
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just stop making new motifs, especially the helmet and shoulder pieces, amirite?

Time to reinvent the dailies grind wheel... because "Transmog? look, what those other MMOs do is too complicated. Here's some crown crates."

Lol at the sarcasm, although sadly true :disappointed:
    NA PS4