The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Beautiful new motif and no new sets worth crafting...what a waste.

RoyalPink06
RoyalPink06
✭✭✭✭✭
Title, basically. I just saw the announcement for the new Frostcaster motif and I LOVE IT, its so beautiful! But alas, very few sets worth crafting at the moment with all these proc/drop sets :(

I WISH, WISH so hard, that ZOS would give us some new bad@$$ sets to craft. And not just 2 or 3 sets, like I'm talking a bunch. And I also WISH SO HARD that they would come up with a way for us to re-style the dropped sets (NOT a crown store-purchased token for the love of all the Gods and all that is holy). I would even still accept it if it still cost 120 mats a piece. Just allow us to change it. PLEASE. It would give much more incentive to buy the crown store motifs (a d!ck move and a slippery slope, by the way) if we could actually use them.

I'm usually one of the most patient and accepting people out there, but I'm so frustrated and disappointed by this and I hope they set us free of this soon.

What does everyone else think?
NA PS4
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For crafting to be really meaningful in any MMO, crafted items HAVE to be the best in the game. Drops should never be as good as the best crafted items.

If you want to create a boss-grind to get good gear, then have the mobs drop mats to make the special gear from. DO NOT DROP THE GEAR ITSELF.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the first step is this:

Align crafting material tiers with One Tamriel idea

So what I mean is that all materials which often have unique artwork, to craft any level material using the tiers so that less materials are needed for lower levels and more for higher

- Allow the style selection for any materials as materials drop based on character level and passives so some players won't have certain mats and can't obtain them anymore.
    -Item number 2 should lead to a crafter having the ability to restyle (not transmogrify) items based on passives mats and known motif

I think this covers it all
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 30, 2016 6:09PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    For crafting to be really meaningful in any MMO, crafted items HAVE to be the best in the game. Drops should never be as good as the best crafted items.

If you want to create a boss-grind to get good gear, then have the mobs drop mats to make the special gear from. DO NOT DROP THE GEAR ITSELF.

Which, from my own experience, I know Star Wars Galaxies was doing over a decade ago (and I'm sure other games as well), so this isn't exactly a groundbreaking concept.

Beyond the fact that all the new sets (and One Tamriel's difficulty-flattening itself) basically serves to keep players grinding without creating expensive new story content, all these new dropped sets are a big raspberry to people who love crafting and motifs.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Title, basically. I just saw the announcement for the new Frostcaster motif and I LOVE IT, its so beautiful! But alas, very few sets worth crafting at the moment with all these proc/drop sets :(

I WISH, WISH so hard, that ZOS would give us some new bad@$$ sets to craft. And not just 2 or 3 sets, like I'm talking a bunch. And I also WISH SO HARD that they would come up with a way for us to re-style the dropped sets (NOT a crown store-purchased token for the love of all the Gods and all that is holy). I would even still accept it if it still cost 120 mats a piece. Just allow us to change it. PLEASE. It would give much more incentive to buy the crown store motifs (a d!ck move and a slippery slope, by the way) if we could actually use them.

I'm usually one of the most patient and accepting people out there, but I'm so frustrated and disappointed by this and I hope they set us free of this soon.

I've said this in a couple of other threads today, but yeah I definitely agree. Would love to be able to convert dropped or crafted sets into any motif style you've learned. I'm still working on obtaining a full VO set and maelstrom weapons, but would love to convert them to a different style once I have them.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tbh with the similarities to GW2 in the one tamriel update, I'm kind of but not really surprised that we don't have a system to "deconstruct" a set item and use some material to craft an item in that set. Make it properly difficult to make use of/actually obtain the material and this would solve half the issue for the motifs at least.

Crafting also takes a long investment to acquire traits, but not much else. I'm proud of my 9 traits, but I know that at the end of the day crafting a cp160 trait set just came down to playing the game long enough. The materials are easy enough to obtain bar the gold tempers and those are universal to dropped and crafted gear. In my opinion... crafting sets themselves should be a bit more of an adventure, maybe open the possibility of picking the set bonuses in the 2, 3, 4 slots by use of some materials and work. Beef up their 5-piece bonuses in general but make it that every set has special things one must acquire to actually craft the thing on top of having trait knowledge, or lock more set locations deep in dangerous caves, or something to balance out giving the sets more power. A fair number of sets are fine as-is and I think many would be if one could select the 2, 3, 4 bonuses.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to restyle the sets i have into any motif i know. Until that happens inreally dont see myself buying any new motifs.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a transmog system is desperately needed. They would sell more motifs if people could change the style of dropped sets.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THIS ABSOLUTELY 100% !!!!!! I have stated this for a long time. The best gear in game should be crafted and materials should drop from encounters. Materials should also be TRADABLE or ABLE TO BE SOLD. This is simple and makes sense and it should be the case in this game.

I expected MUCH more from an elder scrolls game as far as crafting is concerned.
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like a lot of the dropped sets, they can be kind of fun. I use Lunar Bastion on my tank, and having a Synergy be just that much more powerful is really nice.

I'll settle for the ability for crafters to be able to transmogrify gear into known styles. I like adding new armor sets, but I still would like that ability to transmogrify some gear.
  • Braddec
    Braddec
    ✭✭✭
    Someone brought up the idea of an appearance tab and it has some merit. They wouldn't need to alter current items, it would allow people to run whatever they want and give crafters a reason to collect all these motifs. It might even mitigate the desire for weapon dying as folks could choose say the voidsteel look of the weapon to replace the red weapons we're currently strapped with.

In several other MMOs it is implemented as a tab on the item sheet that mirrors the equipable slots. Items placed in the appearance slot would not have any of its stats applied but would overide the style visible on the slot.

Adding a slot in the dying stations for Appearance items would be a must as well.

Possibly making it so the disguise slot on the equipment tab override the appearance slots

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober Is there a possiblity of getting something like this implemented? Adding this to the ask us anything thread as well..
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in for being able to craft skins to change the style of dropped items. That would make motifs seriously worthwhile.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »

THIS ABSOLUTELY 100% !!!!!! I have stated this for a long time. The best gear in game should be crafted and materials should drop from encounters. Materials should also be TRADABLE or ABLE TO BE SOLD. This is simple and makes sense and it should be the case in this game.

I expected MUCH more from an elder scrolls game as far as crafting is concerned.

I actually didn't expect much at all in terms of crafting when I heard there was going to be a TES mmo, at least not in terms of gear itself. After all, armor/weapon crafting wasn't even a thing until Skyrim and it wasn't very robust :p
    Enchanting however is a huge letdown, most enchantments are dirt useless but the whole thing feels inconsequential outside of making sure you have the right amount of regen v.s. damage (or block reduction?) on your jewelry
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'd sell a lot more motifs if there were a transmogrification system. What's the point of motifs, if I'm going to be wearing a monster head + dropped set, anyway?
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    They'd sell a lot more motifs if there were a transmogrification system. What's the point of motifs, if I'm going to be wearing a monster head + dropped set, anyway?

So you'll buy a crown store costume to hide your clown outfit

:trollface:
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with all of the above, thank you so much guys! Great ideas. :heart::heart::heart: 's all around.

I'm intrigued by this transmogrification idea. Hell, make it a skill line that we level by doing *dare I say it* writs? :trollface: Just kidding, writs suck. But a skill line would be very interesting to see, indeed.

I get that there has to be a grind for something, be it gear or materials. Otherwise, what the hell are we actually going to be doing in this game? But I agree that crafted gear should be better than dropped gear. Crafting is one of my most favourite part of any game I've ever played (aside from the ones where you get to play as a hawt dude *cough* Uncharted *cough*) and ESO could be doing soooo much more with it.

I know there have been a few threads regarding this topic floating around. Apologies for the repeat, but my hope is that if ZOS sees enough of it, they might actually take it into consideration. (Like that thread regarding the appearance of male armour models being stretched to fit female models that got HUGE attention and ZOS actually took some action because of it).
    NA PS4
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tava's Favor and Clever Alchemist with Agility/Willpower/Endurance.

I love this setup. Cant wait for this motif!
    PS4 NA DC
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A skill line for transmogrification? That would be interesting but I'm not sure how much can really be added to that. WoW transmogrification system is basically a gold sink, so maybe crafters could have a passive to reduce the cost to increase their profits or something if that service was provided to others. With some brainstorming, a skill line probably would be plausible.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not usually one for crafting in a game; this is the first that I have mastered 4 crafting lines, let alone one...
    But the direction ZoS is going makes me feel like none of it was worth it!
    All the items deconed to improve my skill and get mats, all the money sunk into it, and now why? So drop items can have better stats... so new motifs can be sold in the cash shop instead of dropped in game... so players would rather purchase costumes because crafted and drop pieces look fuggly...!?!

I know this has taken the tone of a rant, and I didn't mean for it to. I'm just really disappointed in the seeming cash grab direction the company seems to be going.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A buff of some of the underperforming crafted sets would be met with open arms by the crafting community ... especially (as the OP points out) with the Frostcaster motif being released soon.

bDececf.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 30, 2016 8:08PM
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melee sorcerer....

27fc6046d4b27cfb02c53f036d9eab93.jpg
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every single item on my magicka sorcerer is now a dropped item. I am sure I invested hundreds of hours and millions of gold in motifs for some reason, however I cannot remember it currently.. :confused:.

Still dreaming of that transmogrification system.
  • rysc
    rysc
    ✭✭✭
    Just give us the ability to make costumes. The mechanics for wearing them are already there.

Collect 1 motif style mat and say 20 leather and boom one Frostcaster complete medium style costume my toon can wear which provide no stats (just like current costumes) but changes the appearance.

Want to switch armor underneath? Who cares, you are wearing a costume and still look cool. Want to no wear armor at all in trials? Who cares, you're probably dead but make a great looking corpse in your costume.
    Rysc
    37 toons and counting since go live, I may need an intervention.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tbh with the similarities to GW2 in the one tamriel update, I'm kind of but not really surprised that we don't have a system to "deconstruct" a set item and use some material to craft an item in that set. Make it properly difficult to make use of/actually obtain the material and this would solve half the issue for the motifs at least.

Crafting also takes a long investment to acquire traits, but not much else. I'm proud of my 9 traits, but I know that at the end of the day crafting a cp160 trait set just came down to playing the game long enough. The materials are easy enough to obtain bar the gold tempers and those are universal to dropped and crafted gear. In my opinion... crafting sets themselves should be a bit more of an adventure, maybe open the possibility of picking the set bonuses in the 2, 3, 4 slots by use of some materials and work. Beef up their 5-piece bonuses in general but make it that every set has special things one must acquire to actually craft the thing on top of having trait knowledge, or lock more set locations deep in dangerous caves, or something to balance out giving the sets more power. A fair number of sets are fine as-is and I think many would be if one could select the 2, 3, 4 bonuses.

GW2 does come up a lot in several discussions, not because anyone is saying they want to return to it, anymore than former Lord of the Rings Online players or players of any other game, for that matter, do.

But the point is how can a game that came after them not have taken stock of their best features?

It reminds me of the most successful MMO style online game of them all. NOTHING in World of Warcraft was new. Not a thing. But it was the thoughtful collection of so many features of all the online games that came before it that made it the game that, frankly, saved the genre.
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Every single item on my magicka sorcerer is now a dropped item. I am sure I invested hundreds of hours and millions of gold in motifs for some reason, however I cannot remember it currently.. :confused:.

Same here, so I wear a costume. I love the motifs in the crown store, but I have no reason to buy them. :/
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costumes in my opinion defeat the purpose of crafting and wearing what you find, I think they are great once you are bored with the styles you can get in game on that character.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pathfinder wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »

Same here, so I wear a costume. I love the motifs in the crown store, but I have no reason to buy them. :/

Same here, so I have to look like Elsa.

It's all ZOS's fault. I want this character to dress in Stalhrim, but nooooo...
    Edited by Abeille on November 30, 2016 8:08PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

exactly this I was thinking!! I saw the motif on the showcase, told to my self "wow, I got to buy that motif, even if it is f** crown store, for f*** real money, this motif is just awesome"....then I realized, that I do not have any sets in mind, that I would like to craft, my stam DK already has her sets crafted, my magblade is farming dropped sets.....

yes, pls, ZOS allow us to re-craft the existing armors and weapons to an another motif!!!

and pls add some new craftable sets, that would be as good as the new dropped sets!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror
    Edited by altemriel on November 30, 2016 8:07PM
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Costumes in my opinion defeat the purpose of crafting and wearing what you find, I think they are great once you are bored with the styles you can get in game on that character.

Agree with this. I don't like the costumes at all, unless its a themed one for a certain amount of time, like the awesome pumpkin spectre during Halloween (technically polymorph I guess, but same idea). Otherwise, I want people to look at me (especially noobs :trollface: ) and go, "Ooo wow that looks awesome, I wonder what motif style that is?"

NA PS4
  • Darethran
    Darethran
    ✭✭✭
    The idea of making it so that you learn set bonuses, in the same way that you learn traits, is a damn good idea. Can't think of any downsides, though the masochist grinders may throw a fit.

Which doesn't matter, as they're masochists, and will enjoy the subsequent berating.
    In Scotland | @Darethran

[EU] Ervona Saranith (EP) - Lvl 50 CP >560 - Dunmer Healer
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ZOS needs to do now is Institute Jewelry crafting for craftable sets, that would bring people back to craftable sets,

this means you could make rings and necklaces for Seducer set, Hundings Rage, etc..

This would balance out the current DROP set inbalance to the game..

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on November 30, 2016 8:41PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.