There is a win button and it's called tremorscale

• Johnfred24
    Johnfred24
    ✭✭✭
    Tremorscale by itself isn't THAT great...

Well, how many people do you know who only equip Tremorscale and leave the rest of their body naked?
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremorscale isnt big...
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How would you avoid my tumorscale? I cc you with so many skills, as a DK, you would need about 60k stamina to avoid it.
    Add Vicecannon of Venom and Viper on that, there is little possibility for one to evade all that procs.
    And when I swap bars, sometimes procs proc themselves.

Not that I can do much against huge zergs.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    It shouldn't even work in PVP since human players are in no way coerced into attacking someone who taunts.

True that. It actually says on the tin, "When you taunt an enemy", not "When you use a taunt ability on an enemy". Players can't be taunted, so it just shouldn't work.

It's rather funny that people are complaining purely because of the description of the set, is this really what it's come to oh no I don't like the description it's broken.

With broken sets like this, yes.
    Options
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ONE proc set at a time. And yes, Lich or BSW are proc sets too.
    Options
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dudes pls , as a malubeth black rose user i have no problems against tremonobs xD, they tbag me after i beat the shet out of them in WW form ^^ just make the old meta cancers and u wont have problems against the new meta
    Options
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no man -- you got hit for a 3k crit by someone's Tremor. Better make a forum post about it.

A good nerf to Tremor would be to reduce the time snared to like 2sec -- the damage is literally fine. If Veli doesn't get nerfed -- and it instead gets fixed to where it works properly on hills/stairs -- you'll see such a decline in Tremor.
    Edited by SnubbS on November 30, 2016 11:09AM
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Dudes pls , as a malubeth black rose user i have no problems against tremonobs xD, they tbag me after i beat the shet out of them in WW form ^^ just make the old meta cancers and u wont have problems against the new meta

giphy.gif
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    Oh no man -- you got hit for a 3k crit by someone's Tremor. Better make a forum post about it.

A good nerf to Tremor would be to reduce the time snared to like 2sec -- the damage is literally fine. If Veli doesn't get nerfed -- and it instead gets fixed to where it works properly on hills/stairs -- you'll see such a decline in Tremor.

On a stam sorc it can hit around 4-5k. With 50% chance that can potentially proc every 4 seconds, which is when Viper procs. That's 8-10k damage every 4 seconds for doing bugger all. People don't even animation cancel this crap anymore - just spam puncture and you're good to go.
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is tumorscale better than velidreth for me?

Because if my already poor on stealth DK try to stay hidden, tumorscale will not proc if some stamsorc runs nearby. And velidreth will, and all of Cyrodill will see my glowing green balls and come to kill me. Velidreth broke my stealth more than once...
    Options
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from the above discussion it seems that this set is acceptable in PvE and works as intended for a Tank build

undaunted sets are pretty much all proc sets and it was the PvP players who moaned long and hard to get an easy way to have access to these sets (hence the Golden seller)

after getting Malubeth (made as a Tanking set) nerfed and making it less useful in PvE, it now seems that Tremorscale is not accepted in PvP because you are somehow not supposed to be able to "taunt" another player (as if attacking them isn't a taunt...LOL)

it seems then that this set is actually being exploited in a way it was not intended to be within PvP

so once again we have a situation where exploits in PvP happen and then moaning about it (if it kills me its no good attitude)
    Options
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »

On a stam sorc it can hit around 4-5k. With 50% chance that can potentially proc every 4 seconds, which is when Viper procs. That's 8-10k damage every 4 seconds for doing bugger all. People don't even animation cancel this crap anymore - just spam puncture and you're good to go.

The main issue with this argument is that it isn't 8-10k damage consistently -- it just isn't. Unless you're fighting a shieldless sorc, or someone with >200 cp in light/medium w/ 0 impen -- it's not close to that.

When you're fighting a decent build It's between 5-7k for both, the high end is assuming both attacks crit. When you go LA>Viper>Ransack>Tremor>Bash you're looking at about 9-12k damage depending on crits. It's still OP, but you're greatly misrepresenting the actual damage figures because you're pretending that every proc build is running around cyrodiil doing 15-18k bursts to the majority of players without using an ult -- which is an outright lie. Also, don't attempt to weasel your way out of that statement -- because Tremor & Viper hit for around the same as Ransack, and LA+Bash+Disease enchant usually hits for 3-5k. So assuming the low end of what you've just said -- you've just asserted that 15k non-DBoS assisted bursts are common place. That's simply untrue.

Is it possible to oneshot someone with a combo if they have the worst build imaginable? Yes, do the majority of players have setups that bad, no.

Here's a short clip to help illustrate my point.

First player (Who I assume is in a decent setup) gets hit by about 21k worth of burst -- by every damaging ability on both of my bars including my ult. He's a StamNB wearing medium without any resistance buffs. If you pause at 8 secs you can see my Tremorscale hit for 2k noncrit -- which is about what I would expect it to hit for. Keep in mind, he's also in the process of CC breaking so I'm getting 10% dmg increase exploiter passive -- and he's had his already dismal resistance debuffed further. I hope at this point you're beginning to understand why I find your argument to be pure insanity.

Second player is in a quite poor setup -- and gets melted rather quickly. Still though -- my non-crit Tremorscales are only hitting for 3k. This is the real issue we have going forwards -- proc sets are only OP against players who have not adjusted to the increase in damage -- and most have. When you remove proc sets and lower the damage -- everyone is staying as Tanky as they are now, and there are going to be fewer tools to deal with that. Heavy needs nerfing -- badly.

Third player is light armor Magblade with shields down, no resistance buffs -- and seemingly low crit resist. At 0:43 secs he's hit with 12k burst damage without viper proccing. This is important for two reasons -- first it shows that the burst damage isn't all 'Viper/Tremor' -- and it shows how squishy the guy actually is. Sadly my cap messed up, and cut out a bit of this fight -- and when it resumes he's been hit by a full combo and killed.

Final player is in a decent setup, the first burst of damage he takes were all non-crits and he took something like 8-9k dmg from the full combo minus the ult. With a full ult combo he's hit by around 13-14k burst and finally killed.

The thing is that these are all pure damage builds -- if the Templar was in Reactive (Like most non DD Magplars) -- or just plain heavy in general -- the clip never happens. There's simply no way of putting out enough damage to offset the tankiness -- not even with proc sets which everyone assume allows you to effortlessly oneshot everyone. "HURR DUH SETZ DOIN AWL DUH WURK FOR YUH" is a typical message I receive. This is the upcoming issue if every proc set gets nerfed -- I'd like to clarify that the only one I wouldn't nerf is Velidreth. (Viper/Tremor/Selene etc -- nerf em all). If they're all nerfed -- then damage is going to go down for stam chars while Tankiness stays the same -- this cannot happen or you'll see even more Destro Ult ball groups.

TL;DR: Proc sets are OP, and I think most of them should be nerfed. I don't think they're as powerful as you seem to believe -- and my one and only prayer is that Heavy receives the full force brunt of the nerf hammer.

I would love to go back to 1.6/1.7 2h Wrecking Blow StamDK.

To the other guy -- Tremor is better than Veli imo simply because it actually functions correctly. It's almost like double rng on Veli -- will it proc, and will it actually do damage when it hits?
    Edited by SnubbS on November 30, 2016 12:48PM
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
    Options
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Learn2Counter ... rolleyes.gif

From what I saw of Tremorscale's effect being used, I'm genuinely curious about how in a PvP setting someone could counter it. The only thing close to a counter I could imagine would be fighting from a distance, and hoping your opponent didn't have a gap-closer (which is incredibly unlikely).

They say that Stamina should be stronger because they are forced into melee distance.

I've been attacked by zerglings with 2x tremorscale/5x Viper's Sting/4x-5x something else who spam Inner Fire and Bow light attacks with an enchant, along with the Bow Ult. This allows them to pound me with both Viper and Tremorscale procs from a distance while channeling an undodgeable Ult which places a massive DoT on you after it ends.

RIP PvP population count

My mate tried that when 1T came out on his Stam blade... It was actually not very effective at all and he gave up on it after one session.

Tremor is good, but without the viper proc to go with it on a melee taunt, it's really not that impressive.

As many threads have said. It's the multiplication of all the procs at once that make it strong.

I'd leave tremor as is and work on the global cool down of procs instead.

If they nerf Tremor... People will just run Selene/Vele etc. anyway.

And if procs get nerfed, people will just put their malubeth back on.

...and the cycle continues :D
    Options
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thing I don't get... People flip out about proc sets.

But I can just go grab my nb and kill someone before they even react just by stacking damage and spamming a couple of abilities over and over.

No proc required. But nobody ever complains?

Strange to me.
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even give a f about the damage, it's the 70% snare that that pisses me off.
    Like.. they make a high damage high proc chance set and then add 70% snare for a longer duration than the cooldown. Just to assure that the target is always snared if it doesn't proc instantly on cooldown. There is too many things that snare, and that has been an issue for over a year now. Wtf is it with your love for snares @Wrobel
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But I can just go grab my nb and kill someone before they even react just by stacking damage and spamming a couple of abilities over and over.

What?
    Options
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭

What?

Traditional gank; heavy bow>ambush>sa/incap

*Its not as easy as it used to be with the HA meta, but you can still get the job done nicely.

(Also one shot heavies with a Stam DK etc.)
    Edited by Volrion on November 30, 2016 2:09PM
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad you need a taunt skill for it, something I dont use in my rotation
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What?

Oneshotting from stealth. It's pretty lame. (^_-)
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Learn2Counter ... rolleyes.gif

From what I saw of Tremorscale's effect being used, I'm genuinely curious about how in a PvP setting someone could counter it. The only thing close to a counter I could imagine would be fighting from a distance, and hoping your opponent didn't have a gap-closer (which is incredibly unlikely).

So, I have rarely died to Tremorscale when I wasn't being bowled over by a zerg. The best way to avoid it is to stay around 5-7meters away from the guy using it. That is pretty much it. It's not like Grotthar's where you can proc the lava field around you and maneuver the hit boxes to stack with your AoEs. It comes out right in front of the guy using it so, roll dodging behind him if he starts to use puncture or using Sorc's streak will open up space so it won't hit.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 30, 2016 2:36PM
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremorscale by itself isn't THAT great...

Yeah it really isn't due to the range and 50/50 chance proc. If you see the ground opening up under your feet its pretty easy to avoid. The only time people are actually dying to something like it is if you're caught in lag, CCs, or in the middle of a zerg where everywhere you go there is something or someone hitting you.
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only annoying thing about that set is the snare. Seems like even in duels these days, I'm being perma-snared :(
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    It shouldn't even work in PVP since human players are in no way coerced into attacking someone who taunts.

True that. It actually says on the tin, "When you taunt an enemy", not "When you use a taunt ability on an enemy". Players can't be taunted, so it just shouldn't work.

It's rather funny that people are complaining purely because of the description of the set, is this really what it's come to oh no I don't like the description it's broken.

Has nothing to do with not liking the description.

It's because a player can't be taunted. Anyone with any sense would know you can't actually taunt another player.

Bugs should be fixed. In no way should tremorscale proc off taunting another player.

That's my point exactly you are saying it should not work on players just because they don't attack you when you taunt them like it does with the AI.

But now if the sets description stated "When you use a taunt ability on an enemy" you would not care because the description is different and can be done on another player.

Just because taunting a player does not make them attack you it does not mean you can't taunt them they just aren't forced to attack you but you still taunt them.

If I'm in a chat with you and say you don't want to fight me because I'm better than you but it didn't make you want to fight me does that mean I didn't taunt you does my taunt need to make you mad for it to be a taunt.

+1

This is what I always think as well - just change the wording in the description.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Only annoying thing about that set is the snare. Seems like even in duels these days, I'm being perma-snared :(

8 sec snare on a 4 sec cooldown, just shows you how much thought they put into this sets.
    Options