The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Gold mats for Tel Var

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Is it cool if I buy my Maelstrom weapons for gold yet? Or do I still need to run the content for that?

Can we revert the Alliance War skill line changes, and move Vigor back to the final skill in it's tree? Just to, you know, make people do the content the way it was intended in order to get what they want.

Or make pvp skills only usable in pvp and undaunted only usable in pve.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so people would go down into Ic to farm tel var stones to buy gold mats to only get griefed by night blades as we all know that this is what will happen
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Signed
    Edited by Isellskooma on November 21, 2016 12:07PM
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would kill the gold mat market. I hope this never happens. Getting gold mats is one of the few privileges for being a crafter. Stop trying to make everything about PvP. You represent a minority of the player base, and the regent satchels have hurt the market enough. You want to PvP? Good for you, but leave the market alone. Earn your crafting supplies like everyone else, or buy them with coin, the games primary currency.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on November 22, 2016 10:18AM
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    How about an undaunted vendor on the weekends selling monster stuff like now only another one in the sewers.

Instead of AP to buy stuff you need Tel Var.

Not sure what the AP to TV ratio would be though. Maybe on par with the gold prices. 100k for a purple set piece, maybe 75k, or 50k.

50K Sounds right for an undaunted vendor to sell stuff for Tel Var. But then I'm cheap lol.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10000 telvar for = 1 gold temper
    5000 telvar for = 1 D Wax/ Resin
    5000 telvar for = 1 Kuta.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    all for it, but maybe not just TelVar - AP as well?
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope as there is so much AP out there it would end up flooding the market
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is the argument that everyone always uses, and then the AP stocks keep going up because there is nothing worth spending it on. I even highly doubt it would flood the market. PvPers would likely not even sell them, but use them to try out new gear. It's not a good argument at all.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer to keep it to IC only... just like the flower bags. Again, I want to create incentive to be in IC.

For Cyrodiil, I do think there needs to be greater incentive / reward... but I would prefer that to be more specific to gear. I wish ZOS would take the current PvP sets and refine them... make them better and more desirable. (I don't use any of the PvP sets for PvP... PvP sets should trump all PvE sets for PvP!) And, I would like to see the Gold merchant changed up a bit... needs to give more variety of gear choices... with as many monster helm sets as there are, there really should be 2 monster helm sets each weekend...
    Edited by Rohaus on November 21, 2016 8:44PM
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is the argument that everyone always uses, and then the AP stocks keep going up because there is nothing worth spending it on. I even highly doubt it would flood the market. PvPers would likely not even sell them, but use them to try out new gear. It's not a good argument at all.

Super agree.

Most PvPers just want to be able to self-sustain without needing to PvE. If we could gold out our gear with Tel Var stones, that's what we'd do, and not need to worry about paying 80k gold in tempers per piece.

I'd also settle for a small chance of gold gear drops from rewards bags for us to decon, but that's off topic.
    Edited by Sallington on November 21, 2016 7:54PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not to mention flooding the market would be a good thing if it did happen, 12k for 1 tempering alloy is stupid. And how the hell can people call farming mats content??
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Allowing people to buy all this stuff for Tel Var only further makes Stamina Nightblade proctatos way overpowered in the Imperial City.

Go into IC with a duo or trio of proctato gankers and you have an endless supply of both flowers and if OP's suggestion is implemented gold upgrade mats too.

How does one suggest the other classes go about this? Run in a group of 12 or more?

That's a really fair point @Lava_Croft ... But that situation is still much more preferable to having only weak RNG access to gold upgrades via gathering and hireling mails. I'd rather wade through a sea of proctatoes.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allowing people to buy all this stuff for Tel Var only further makes Stamina Nightblade proctatos way overpowered in the Imperial City.

Go into IC with a duo or trio of proctato gankers and you have an endless supply of both flowers and if OP's suggestion is implemented gold upgrade mats too.

How does one suggest the other classes go about this? Run in a group of 12 or more?

I do not see very many NB gankers in IC... the place to be farming is the Districts of IC. I usually go in with at least one friend of mine... we do not fear NB gankers... we hate seeing 12+ zerging the districts.

Seriously, you can farm a ton of Tel Var quite quickly with a small man group of 3-4 if you take the entire zone and kill a few bosses... EASY!!!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get it and satchels for AP too? Tel var is still kinda pve.
    Edited by Armitas on November 21, 2016 9:52PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id love for the treasure trove scamps to multiply themself by alot so you see them more often in the sewers, and that they always drop kuta, dreugh wax or tempering alloy or rosin.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Find that hard to believe as I would quite easy sit there selling them since I have shed loads of wasted AP and surely I wouldn't be the only one , so yes I do think it's a fair argument
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

Not to mention flooding the market would be a good thing if it did happen, 12k for 1 tempering alloy is stupid. And how the hell can people call farming mats content??

Meanwhile us console plebs would literally faint if we saw a temp in a guild trader for less than 20k. :disappointed:
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Eye of the storm...
  • Crescentshield
    Glad "you" thought of this. This is an old post man. And there are a lot of factors that need to be weighed before implementing something like that.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes pls. 2h=+70k tvs yesterday <3 But first solve proctato issue so no 1 shot deaths will happend...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its not just NBs. Its anyone running the Imperial Physique. In the end, it would end up balanced if everyone was running this set.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭

and I got NOTHING to spend all this AP on

at least I could flip for gold ... or actually buy something useful

I don't even mind if mats cost more AP then TelVar
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad "you" thought of this. This is an old post man. And there are a lot of factors that need to be weighed before implementing something like that.

Such as?

Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Although I own it, this gold mat idea would be locked behind dlc for some people.

I think you need to include more than cellar dwellers somehow if gold mats are involved.

Sorry, but the PvP to PvE exchange/conversion argument is like this:

tangle-of-christmas-lights.jpg

Fear is the Mindkiller