The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gold mats for Tel Var

Rohaus
Rohaus
✭✭✭✭✭
I and many others are quite appreciative for the recent addition of the ability to buy flowers with Tel Var.

This got me to thinking... pvpers don't necessarily want to farm pve content for gold mats... so why not give us an option to exchange Tel Var for gold materials?

It'd have to be expensive of course... I don't know how much... maybe 100K Tel Var for 8 gold mats?
YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
Daggerfall Covenant
VR16 DragonKnight
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    /signed
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    I only have 170k Tel Var, need to spend it on something.

Gold mats would be nice. A nice round number like 10k/mat.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, 10k telvar for 1 dreugh wax would be awesome, the gold prices for these are climbing as I write this, and its getting ridiculous.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20k Tel Var for 1 gold mat seems pretty legit IMO. Would finally put some life into IC.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming raw materials for about 2 hours resulted in 7 gold upgrade mats along with a LOT of other stuff.

That's 1 gold upgrade mat every 17 minutes.

I'm not a regular IC telvar farmer, so don't know what the rate tends to be in there, though if gold upgrade mats would be available from the vendor they should probably take about the same amount of time to farm - potentially even less due to the fact that you're not getting all the other mats that you would acquire while on a good farming route.

My opinion is that 2 hours = 8 mats (upgrade one item to gold) sounds reasonable.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea. But ZOS' implementation will be 20k stones for an RNG box with a 2% chance at a random gold material. You watch.

Curse you RNJesus!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I support this idea. But ZOS' implementation will be 20k stones for an RNG box with a 2% chance at a random gold material. You watch.

Curse you RNJesus!

Aaaah I doubt it. What will they put in the box? They already introduced the mats themselves. Other upgrade mats? At this point you can expect the cost to be around 5k if it relies on RNG. ZOS are pretty reasonable with the vendor prices.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    There are no nods to farm in IC, only chests. Unless something has changed in the last week.

And Tel Var is easy to farm these days.
    Edited by Delimber on November 18, 2016 3:00PM
    CP 2300+
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on the easy farming... BUT... the prospect for PvP and the danger of losing your farmed Tel Var makes it so much more exciting versus clicking nodes... crafting writs... *yawn*

Sadly... I haven't seen as many people in IC as I thought I would with the addition of being able to purchase herbs with Ter Var...
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it AP and I'm in.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I miss the "good old days" where you'd lose 80% of your TV to an enemy player lol

And I do miss only losing 20% to the mobs.

Of course I do farm in Cryodiil as there are few people trying to farm there, and I have yet to be attacked while farming since you're so far from the front line.

Shoot I've even gone fishing in IC without incident. Got 2 perfect roe out of it too.
    CP 2300+
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Make it AP and I'm in.

The main focus here is to give incentive for people to go to IC.

Until BG's or some form hit... there are a lot of PvPers that prefer smaller scale PvP. IC is the only place where that potential is higher. However, as of right now, there just isn't a whole lot of incentive to be there... doesn't take long to farm up enough Tel Var to purchase a bunch of flowers and then be off to do something else.

Honestly, IC and Cyrodiil both took a huge hit when 1T was released... it has yet to rebound... Haderus is still dead... and when I say dead, I mean dead as fried chicken.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    20k Temp alloys on Xb1...................

Tel var plz
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Awakatanka
    Awakatanka
    ✭✭
    Signed
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I and many others are quite appreciative for the recent addition of the ability to buy flowers with Tel Var.

This got me to thinking... pvpers don't necessarily want to farm pve content for gold mats... so why not give us an option to exchange Tel Var for gold materials?

It'd have to be expensive of course... I don't know how much... maybe 100K Tel Var for 8 gold mats?

I would not be opposed to this being implemented. Obviously you'd need to balance the tel var:gold ratio that way you don't ruin the market, but it's not a bad idea.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »

I would not be opposed to this being implemented. Obviously you'd need to balance the tel var:gold ratio that way you don't ruin the market, but it's not a bad idea.

Based on the current prices of gold mats, I'd say the market needs to be thoroughly ruined
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Alchemy Satchels.

Coincidentally I have 1.2M tel var stored up, so a gold mat vendor would seriously benefit me.

On console it would help bring down those 20K+ Tempering Alloys prices! :D
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To paraphrase people from the past.

If you want these items, go do the content associated with it.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Awakatanka
    Awakatanka
    ✭✭

Hope they put much PvE stuff in PvP content then. Then we see who complains.....
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all you need to do is reup the chance of tempers in b/s mails.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No
    Yes, you don't have tempers unless you do the content.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Its not like PvPers are asking for nirnhoned weapons and armor to be bought for Tel Var. Simple gold level mats.

And as far as playing the game and farming it...what is the difference buying mats for gold from a guild bank vs from a vendor in the sewers.

Sure some players won't get their 8k gold from a sale, but it might increase activity in the sewers.

CP 2300+
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While your at it let us convert ap into tel var.some pvpers don't like farming mobs for currency and sewers are always dead when I go hunting.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    200 gold mats for top3 Alliance leaderboard pls ;)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it cool if I buy my Maelstrom weapons for gold yet? Or do I still need to run the content for that?
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it cool if I buy my Maelstrom weapons for gold yet? Or do I still need to run the content for that?

Can we revert the Alliance War skill line changes, and move Vigor back to the final skill in it's tree? Just to, you know, make people do the content the way it was intended in order to get what they want.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should have been done a year ago.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allowing people to buy all this stuff for Tel Var only further makes Stamina Nightblade proctatos way overpowered in the Imperial City.

Go into IC with a duo or trio of proctato gankers and you have an endless supply of both flowers and if OP's suggestion is implemented gold upgrade mats too.

How does one suggest the other classes go about this? Run in a group of 12 or more?
    Edited by Lava_Croft on November 20, 2016 6:44PM