The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

120+ VoM runs and no inferno sharpened staff

alephthiago
alephthiago
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone confirm if its even possible to get the rattlecage sharpened inferno staff?
I have run VoM pretty much everyday since 1T dropped, 4-5 times in normal days (no one seems to much interested in that dungeon) and 20+ in pledge days when everyone is crazy wanting to run it.
So far i have 4 Forbidden Jewels, 6 gem of curses, Vengeance and Despair, Rattlecage shields in all traits, all armor pieces in impen, Ill Omen, Maleficence etc... but no inferno staves in sharpened trait.
Right now im not even SURE its there in the loot pool (can someone tell me if they ever got one?).

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_RichLambert
This is not fun AT ALL, the last boss can drop weapons OR shields from any of 3 sets, if you get the right set then you have 1/12 chance of getting the right weapon and then 8 traits.....come on...

You guys need to change something, either each boss in dungeons can drop weapons OR the last boss drops like one weapon of each set(and please we are all tired of getting stamina weapons for magicka sets and the other way around).

Itemization needs to change.
Also, why have all the trouble to add those cool unique weapons if they have ONE LOCKED BIZARRE TRAIT like charged, infused, decisive? I mean, you guys added unique weapons that people just decon....this is really sad (Maleficence - Infused, Despair - Charged, Spinner's Fractured Femur - Infused, etc...etc...etc).
Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
*** kitty AD Stamblade
Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't worry if you have done only 120 runs. Assuming chances are equal for all different weapons, your chance to get your desired weapon after 120 tries is about 1/3.
    But yeah, would be nice if they would add something like trait recrafting to the game.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on November 17, 2016 4:02PM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why you are using the Rattlecage set...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/300662

Moral of the story: Don't plan builds with dropped weapons in them.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/300662

Moral of the story: Don't plan builds with dropped weapons in them.

Unless you wanna be amazing ;)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got one today,in charged
  • incognito222
    incognito222
    ✭✭✭
    Ran VOM yesterday with guildies, he got a Rattlecage sharpened inferno staff in the first run.

You never know OP, your next run could be THE one.
    * Playing from Indonesia *
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a powered restoration staff and a sharpened lightning staff drop in the same day in VWGT. Already had a sharpened inferno one which is an unique drop from Molag Kena (The Unbroken). Now I can puncturing sweep everything and buff myself from the healing, in addition to healing dungeons really nicely. Had they not dropped I would have simply used a small armor piece and crafted a resto and destro from the other set I'm using. I'm not really keen on using 100% dropped gear because it's way too time consuming to get all of them. I'm very content ATM running 5 Law of Julianos + 5 Spell Power Cure + 1 Kena on my healer.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Planning a build around a specific weapon drop is a good way to rage quit this game. There are two issues. First, the smart loot we were supposed to get must have been eaten by the server hamsters. The loot table is way to polluted to reliably get a drop. Second, sharp is mandatory, as you seem to know. All the other traits are terrible if you are trying to do damage. You are better off crafting a sharp staff 99% of the time. Yes, it sucks, but it is what it is.

Trait change would certainly be lovely.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry if you have done only 120 runs. Assuming chances are equal for all different weapons, your chance to get your desired weapon after 120 tries is about 1/3.
    But yeah, would be nice if they would add something like trait recrafting to the game.

Oooooh I'd love trait recrafting but you know ZOS won't ever do it; that would make it too easy to get the gear you need...
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BOP trait thing on weapons is a huge mess from vMA to COA1. Lots of worthless traits and, in all but vMA and vDSA, also a mess of non weapon drops and of drops that are weapons that don't even make sense like inferno staffs of the stam set. It is a mess. Drop rate in vMA is 1/144 on sharp inferno, I have no idea exactly what it is in dungeons but I would place my wager well above 1/200. Just run a crafted set for your weapons man.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.