The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

SUGGESTION: About Housing

ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
So i have been thinking ever since i heard about player housing and watching the reveal video the only thing mentioned about housing was the ability to upgrade your house from a medium to a large house and crafting furniture and trading them and placing them wherever you want in your house .

Yes i think that's a great idea but i think players would play with it for a month build their house and be bored to go there because there's nothing to do so i have some suggestions that you might want to consider.
  • Stables : So the stables you would have to build and then maybe hire a stable master maybe through a quest or just paying and by using the stables you would have the ability to train horses faster like lvl 1 stables you get 5% lvl 2 10% lvl 3 15% faster and you upgrade stables by quests or gathering supplies and upgrading
  • Trophy Room : So you get a trophy room in your house that you can show off whatever weapon and armor you want plus your collection and non combat pets
  • Fishing : You start off with a pond and a shack that you can fish in normal stuff but by quests or money you can upgrade the shack and have more chances for better loot from fishing
  • Profession rooms : You get to have a profession room if your high enough level on that profession like clothing for example if you have 40 lvl's in clothing you get to build a clothing room in your house that gives you some buffs plus you get to craft within your house
  • Vampire/Werewolf Den : So if your a vampire or a werewolf you get the ability to build a secret room for that reason so if your a vampire you have a room dedicated to vampires and maybe you will be able to get some people everyday to feed on and when you feed a certain amount of times the person dies and you have to wait for a certain amount of time for someone to find more and bring them
  • Tavern : Add a small tavern like room in the house where everyday you can hear rumors from and send you to a quest
  • Thieves Guild/Dark brotherhood room : So you have the choice if you own the DLC's and finished the story in either to build rooms for those reasons where you can get some stuff like a shop or maybe dailies
  • Growing Materials (Garden) : You get a small plot of land and you can expand by upgrading it either with money or a quest and everyday you get some extra supplies for whatever your doing.
  • Library : Put some lore books you found in them and let others who visit read them so that's a way for people to communicate and visit each others houses
  • Museum? : So like in orsinium you get to find items in the world and bring them to the museum maybe add something like that in homes where you find special collectibles and put them up for display in your house

So that's some of the suggestions i had about housing and i hope you consider some .
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds nice. I'd like to add to the list:
    Allow us to see our mount collection in the stable and possibly put 5-10 mounts for display into the room.
    Kennel room, where you can see your pet collections and put 5-10 pets for display and they would be doing some random stuff.

I'd also like to visit my other character's houses where I'd see them as NPCs and be able to interact with them to access their inventory. Would make swapping items much easier.

Or even better, live in the same house with all characters :smiley:
  • ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
    ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah good idea there should be more interaction in player houses and have access to your characters.
    And another great addition should be if possible to raid some stuff from houses so you trespass into someones house if possible and that person is able to hire guards and depending on guard level it will be harder or easier and be able to raid certain stuff from the persons house and then it goes on cool down for some time.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about a pool table as well
  • ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
    ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I think thats a bit to much :P and a bit not lore friendly0
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will just be happy if we get more storage to store all of these sets.
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Housing sounds great and will be fun to look at but it's not content...if housing is the only change in the next DLC I'd be pretty disappoint
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
    ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah but housing for most players I talk with is a place to craft without people jumping about where you can relax alone or with the guild so they need to make it interesting
  • EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they take some considerations into married couples sharing housing/resources. So for example, if they have X number slots for extra storage boxes, married couples should get 2X.

I know my gf will want to have a shared house in-game, and since we did the mara's pledge, it seems logical that a couple would share a house. It just needs to not be a hindrance and should be scaled accordingly for couples.

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a big dwemer vault. 3 welkand stone combo lock. When you open it has steam and all.
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    I hope they take some considerations into married couples sharing housing/resources. So for example, if they have X number slots for extra storage boxes, married couples should get 2X.

Because somehow your house doubles in size when you get married?
  • TwistedThoughtz
    TwistedThoughtz
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope there's more to it than just some furniture.
  • EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭
    cjthibs wrote: »
    EvilEmpire wrote: »

Because somehow your house doubles in size when you get married?

no, but like at home, she'd take up all the closet space.
  • ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
    ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope there's more to it than just some furniture.

Really want more as well hope they consider everyones ideas
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So i have been thinking ever since i heard about player housing and watching the reveal video the only thing mentioned about housing was the ability to upgrade your house from a medium to a large house and crafting furniture and trading them and placing them wherever you want in your house .

Yes i think that's a great idea but i think players would play with it for a month build their house and be bored to go there because there's nothing to do so i have some suggestions that you might want to consider.
    • Stables : So the stables you would have to build and then maybe hire a stable master maybe through a quest or just paying and by using the stables you would have the ability to train horses faster like lvl 1 stables you get 5% lvl 2 10% lvl 3 15% faster and you upgrade stables by quests or gathering supplies and upgrading
    • Trophy Room : So you get a trophy room in your house that you can show off whatever weapon and armor you want plus your collection and non combat pets
    • Fishing : You start off with a pond and a shack that you can fish in normal stuff but by quests or money you can upgrade the shack and have more chances for better loot from fishing
    • Profession rooms : You get to have a profession room if your high enough level on that profession like clothing for example if you have 40 lvl's in clothing you get to build a clothing room in your house that gives you some buffs plus you get to craft within your house
    • Vampire/Werewolf Den : So if your a vampire or a werewolf you get the ability to build a secret room for that reason so if your a vampire you have a room dedicated to vampires and maybe you will be able to get some people everyday to feed on and when you feed a certain amount of times the person dies and you have to wait for a certain amount of time for someone to find more and bring them
    • Tavern : Add a small tavern like room in the house where everyday you can hear rumors from and send you to a quest
    • Thieves Guild/Dark brotherhood room : So you have the choice if you own the DLC's and finished the story in either to build rooms for those reasons where you can get some stuff like a shop or maybe dailies
    • Growing Materials (Garden) : You get a small plot of land and you can expand by upgrading it either with money or a quest and everyday you get some extra supplies for whatever your doing.
    • Library : Put some lore books you found in them and let others who visit read them so that's a way for people to communicate and visit each others houses
    • Museum? : So like in orsinium you get to find items in the world and bring them to the museum maybe add something like that in homes where you find special collectibles and put them up for display in your house

So that's some of the suggestions i had about housing and i hope you consider some .

Tavern and Garden is nice.

I would go also for storage room, with crates and storage racks. best an underground cellar or something like that. with secret hidden tunel out of the house to some further location.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Trophy Room : So you get a trophy room in your house that you can show off whatever weapon and armor you want plus your collection and non combat pets

I would like to add a display case to the trophy room that shows all the mementos and achievement trophies (from monsters and animals and such) that we have unlocked/collected. Especially since mementos are stuck in the collections window and achievement trophies are stuck in our bag taking up much needed space.

Perhaps a display case that would automatically update when we unlock items
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on November 10, 2016 12:17PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woops double post!
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on November 10, 2016 12:14PM
    PC/EU DC
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but housing for most players I talk with is a place to craft without people jumping about where you can relax alone or with the guild so they need to make it interesting

Most propably not going to happen.
  • Vandercat
    Vandercat
    ✭✭
    I would love to be able to use some of the items I've stolen and laundered as decor :D
  • ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
    ninjasummonerrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Vandercat wrote: »
    I would love to be able to use some of the items I've stolen and laundered as decor :D

The funny thing would be to have all the stolen stuff placed in your home and then a guard walks in :P
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vandercat wrote: »

The funny thing would be to have all the stolen stuff placed in your home and then a guard walks in :P

If you launder it, no one will know ;)
    PC/EU DC