So i have been thinking ever since i heard about player housing and watching the reveal video the only thing mentioned about housing was the ability to upgrade your house from a medium to a large house and crafting furniture and trading them and placing them wherever you want in your house .
Yes i think that's a great idea but i think players would play with it for a month build their house and be bored to go there because there's nothing to do so i have some suggestions that you might want to consider.
- Stables : So the stables you would have to build and then maybe hire a stable master maybe through a quest or just paying and by using the stables you would have the ability to train horses faster like lvl 1 stables you get 5% lvl 2 10% lvl 3 15% faster and you upgrade stables by quests or gathering supplies and upgrading
- Trophy Room : So you get a trophy room in your house that you can show off whatever weapon and armor you want plus your collection and non combat pets
- Fishing : You start off with a pond and a shack that you can fish in normal stuff but by quests or money you can upgrade the shack and have more chances for better loot from fishing
- Profession rooms : You get to have a profession room if your high enough level on that profession like clothing for example if you have 40 lvl's in clothing you get to build a clothing room in your house that gives you some buffs plus you get to craft within your house
- Vampire/Werewolf Den : So if your a vampire or a werewolf you get the ability to build a secret room for that reason so if your a vampire you have a room dedicated to vampires and maybe you will be able to get some people everyday to feed on and when you feed a certain amount of times the person dies and you have to wait for a certain amount of time for someone to find more and bring them
- Tavern : Add a small tavern like room in the house where everyday you can hear rumors from and send you to a quest
- Thieves Guild/Dark brotherhood room : So you have the choice if you own the DLC's and finished the story in either to build rooms for those reasons where you can get some stuff like a shop or maybe dailies
- Growing Materials (Garden) : You get a small plot of land and you can expand by upgrading it either with money or a quest and everyday you get some extra supplies for whatever your doing.
- Library : Put some lore books you found in them and let others who visit read them so that's a way for people to communicate and visit each others houses
- Museum? : So like in orsinium you get to find items in the world and bring them to the museum maybe add something like that in homes where you find special collectibles and put them up for display in your house
So that's some of the suggestions i had about housing and i hope you consider some .