The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Spying on Material Trade(MM) is fine but Spying on Group DPS is not?

• SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a serious post? Or just a tantrum?
    the forums are full of posts where people degrade people, and kick people from groups for using particular skills. Hello crystal blast. It should be self evident why one is acceptable and the other isn't. Anyone with some psychological insight should see the long term detrimental impact of viewing other peoples dps.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo you improve yourself, others improve themselves, you improve others only upon request.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a lot of casual groups and PUGs wouldnt run it and wouldnt care as long as content is done. So why do you guys care.

But in guilds that are being competative and all players are strivng to hit the highest numbers they can and compete within thier own raids its an excellent tool.

Also its an mmo. and if you need to fill a group with an unknown member your game experience, or that hardmode or speedrun achievement you are striving for is dependant on thier performance aswel and if you ask someone for how much single tgt they do and they give you a number.... whats the problem with running a tool that displays it.

People are saying 'consider how others feel'... well that cuts both ways.. you dont like something. so therefore nobody can have access to it. if its a tool that is available and members are aware of it then whats the problem.

If people are running it and you dont like it then dont group with them. Play with your casual friends who arent concerend with killing valkyn on the first platform... or being first to the top...or ranking high on the leaderboards.

Many people are happy to be transparent with thier performances and in many pugs im a part of or run are more than happy to share pointers and critique each other and thier builds.

Dont be scared to display your abilities and if someone has a problem with it you should be leaving the group on your ownnl accord. not because they are kicking you.
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    You know it's ironic that lots of people focus on DPS when it's not just DPS lol it can be heals, the tank, or bad coordination as well.

But personally I like the addon I like the information sharing. But I do understand where the other side is coming from as well.

It does take a mature audience to handle and work with such a program also. I would like to think that most of the ESO community are indeed mature enough for such.

But maturity or not some people just like their privacy, more so for not getting kicked unnecessarily, and for having to live up to a set of rules that aren't for everyone. There have been many time in which raids, delves, pledges, etc have been done/completed without having the "BEST" DPS, Heals, or Tank.

But for people that are "worlds first", people that want to be better at their class and role, people that are going for time trials, and people that love the challenge, that addon is a great tool. There are many people that love to know that they meet the power of 1 1/2, to 2 people from just them selves weather they are a Tank, Healer, or DPS. That makes for very interesting competition.

So, which ever world you live in I'm sure you just want everything to be fair.
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    How much personal sales detail does Master Merchant give that is not available in-game already? For example, I can go to the Guild Sales History and find out what everyone in each of my guilds has sold, and for how much.
    And do you do that? no. you would have to constantly check it every minute and write down every single sale.
    My point is that this information is already available and visible in-game, and that you could do it if you wanted to. MM just moves it to a different location, does some calculations on it, and collates its history in one place. Trade guild leaders who are kicking people based on gold per week would be able to do that anyway if MM didn't exist and they did the calculations themselves.

DPS, on the other hand, is not readily available or visible in-game. Unless MM is doing something with data that cannot be seen in-game, I don't think such a comparison is very useful.

Actually the DPS is visible, if you have the DPS of the tank and Healer, you can then work out the DPS of the other DPS with you if you can be bothered.
    DPS meter can be helpful for all, yes there will be Jerks, but since when do we make decision based upon the lowest common denominator!
    I personally like the idea of comparing my DPS to others to see if I'm any good, if I'm not I can ask others for advice on how to improve. This also works the other way where you can offer advise to others who's DPS is lower than others.

Whilst yes there are Jerks, I don't believe this is the majority, most even in Pugs, will ask an under performing DPS what skills they are using and give advise on what to use to improve. I've even gone as far as to make gear for someone to help them.
  • Sinthrax
    Sinthrax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast,

I watch alot of your videos and you are awesome. You are also wrong on the statements you have proposed in this thread. This statement right here is exacly why they dont allow it. You have already started to degrade and isolate a player base just on the mere fact of them being a PuG. Though, I entirely believe that is your right. I, also believe I have rights...and yes that means if I dont want you to see my DPS then you don't. As true as a statement may be it doesnt mean that it is any less toxic.

Your qoute alone proves why we don't need dps meters. Read below.

I do not run with random pugs. I do not need an addon to see that noobs have bad dps.

Edited by Sinthrax on November 8, 2016 10:54PM