The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I've decided to troll the wailing prison with my new toon

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
uDKx6px.png

I've decided to curse the new players early.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seriously had to cover the other guy's butt?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe he didnt have any pants on?
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I decided to protect his ID :lol:

Name shaming (as it would be called) is a serious crime on this forum.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait... So he was keeping his ID in his... um, yikes.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the Beta I saw the Wailing Prison so so many times that I have avoided it since. I think I took one or two Live characters through and it was not until we could skip it that I rolled anymore. I hear it is different now than before, I need to roll a new one and see.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    During the Beta I saw the Wailing Prison so so many times that I have avoided it since. I think I took one or two Live characters through and it was not until we could skip it that I rolled anymore. I hear it is different now than before, I need to roll a new one and see.
    It is. Some of the changes definitely make it a better tutorial now than it was before. Other changes I don't think were such great ideas (like always getting a two-handed weapon to start instead of being able to pick a weapon). It's pretty significantly different now though.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But calling an entire beast-man race ugly is? 1.0
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    It's pretty significantly different now though.

I remember when the beam out of Coldharbor was broken and when you tried to follow the Prophet and "fly" out of the prison you would fall down into the hole below and get stuck down there with no way out.

So yeah, it's different now ...
    biggrin.gif
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait... So he was keeping his ID in his... um, yikes.

Tramp Stamp!
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this like Where's Waldo? I don't see the troll.

Edit: oh the name.
    Edited by BigBragg on October 31, 2016 9:03PM
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But calling an entire beast-man race ugly is? 1.0

Because it's the god honest truth.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one has commented on the the actual character name yet ... which must mean we are all in agreement that it was a good selection on the name ...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did not protect Dremora Caitiff's name ... who has managed to level up to CP160 in the Wailing Prison. Make no mistake said character will soon have an incoming post in the forums. ;)

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 31, 2016 9:56PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's... One handsome looking Altmer, if you don't mind that I point out.

Hm... What was I supposed to be looking at exactly?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the eight-pack....

mmmmm

mmmmm

mmmmmm

Oh, and yes I do love bopping around Cold Harbor. Rarely get out of there before 5th level.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    That's... One handsome looking Altmer, if you don't mind that I point out.

Hm... What was I supposed to be looking at exactly?

My Altmer wants to show his appreciation right back :)

OXa1EUq.png
    iUyeo6J.png
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have new goal. I am going to level a character all the way to 50 in the Wailing Prison.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have new goal. I am going to level a character all the way to 50 in the Wailing Prison.

If you want we can be cell mates.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the character as generic a human as you can, use the soul shriven skin and only soul shriven style gear, and name him/her The Wailing Prisoner. Because that would be awesome.

Heck, if you haven't done it by the time I get home from work, I might buy another character slot myself in order to do just that...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are duels allowed there?

If so, there could be a Wailing Prison Fight Club dualing guild established....
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make the character as generic a human as you can, use the soul shriven skin and only soul shriven style gear, and name him/her The Wailing Prisoner. Because that would be awesome.

Heck, if you haven't done it by the time I get home from work, I might buy another character slot myself in order to do just that...

Daedra bless it that is such an awesome idea.

Hmmmm... despite One Tamriel, all the prisoners are still "sorted" by alliance, right?

What alliance are you going to be? I'm seriously considering getting in on this weirdness.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you want we can be cell mates.

We will run that place in no time
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well I don't have the skin sadly and since it was your idea (awesome idea btw) by all means do it :)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the skin either.... but I still like the idea
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you guys on PC by any chance? NA server too? I think were going somewhere.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yup PC NA here. I had another idea. I have one of the Xivkyn polymorphs so I could make my character be a warden instead
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on October 31, 2016 11:05PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup PC NA here. I had another idea. I have one of the Xivkyn polymorphs so I could make my character be a warden instead

Oh you sick sick... wow that's a great idea....

Maybe I'll throw in a Crown Store WW line...

BTW PC NA here.

Now what alliance??

Edited by newtinmpls on October 31, 2016 11:08PM
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Man this is the HBO's OZ special all over again...

As for the soul shriven skin... All I have is the mind shriven skin.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    OP I find your new character to be useless. You should just vendor him. (Though I must commend your design, quite the manly looking dude. Before I noticed the name, I thought maybe he was to take after Uncle Sheo)

Wait, I'll make a character and call him Vendor Trash and we can run together.

Why didn't I think of that. Been leveling characters different ways lately to keep entertained. But I bet by level 30 you'll be acting like Uncle Sheo!

• Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling up in the Wailing Prison has to be hilarious if doing it with friends. :D
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!