The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I've decided to troll the wailing prison with my new toon

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume the banker works as well, so I'll be able to craft/drop BIS gear for the wailing prison. I have a couple mules that never leave the Bank in a town, so might as well make a character that never leaves the Wailing Prison.
    The banker and the merchant definitely work. @FaithlessGames was using them both in there on the journey to level 50 yesterday. We were joking about that in /zone.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sa0n wrote: »
    You don't seem to be the only one at this.

Well, this is for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxZVZgpmI0"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=dAxZVZgpmI0

I was laughing and thinking about that episode the whole time I was in there last night.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I need to play that music while XP grinding in the wailing prison tonight.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strange. I wasn't able to mail myself anything. Was this a bug or something?

You have to mail from another account. Or mail it to a friend and put something like "hit return please" in the title.

Or heck, ask someone like me to make you a set of stuff and send it to you later tonight. My crafter is on @newtinmpls
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    lol I just went back in to get a couple more levels (making it an even 10) and while I was in there our friend who had the merchant and the banker hit level 50... It was pretty hilarious seeing a level 50 CP561 character in the Wailing Prison!

Damn, I thought I saw that cute merchant running around there last night.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

You have to mail from another account. Or mail it to a friend and put something like "hit return please" in the title.

Or heck, ask someone like me to make you a set of stuff and send it to you later tonight. My crafter is on @newtinmpls

All these will work.

If you have the banker you can also deposit the gear in your bank and withdraw on your other character.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well then that explains everything then :) Yeah I'll send you a friends request when I sign back on ESO again.
    lol I just went back in to get a couple more levels (making it an even 10) and while I was in there our friend who had the merchant and the banker hit level 50... It was pretty hilarious seeing a level 50 CP561 character in the Wailing Prison!

Damn, I thought I saw that cute merchant running around there last night.

Maybe the merchant finds soulless men to be rather attractive? Or maybe she likes both? It wouldn't surprise me to find out that shes into that kinky stuffs in Coldharbours prison.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the merchant finds soulless men to be rather attractive? Or maybe she likes both? It wouldn't surprise me to find out that shes into that kinky stuffs in Coldharbours prison.

How is it that she appears in so many places at once? Hmmmm I think we found another vestige
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    uDKx6px.png

I've decided to curse the new players early.

I'm assuming you got lifted by the Daedric police for being in possession of a fire arm? I'll get my coat ...
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    uDKx6px.png

I've decided to curse the new players early.

I'm assuming you got lifted by the Daedric police for being in possession of a fire arm? I'll get my coat ...

They took my coat away from me :( I was getting smart with them, and they thought it would teach me a lesson by removing a piece of clothing from me. I only have my firing spells to keep me warm now.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just scrolling and drooling... don't mind me
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just scrolling and drooling... don't mind me

Right? I would have offered to craft him some armor but I think he is fine the way he is.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fine...

Yes, absolutely. Fine is totally the word I was looking for.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Hmm, I ran into a rather suspicious looking character in the Wailing Prison named "Training and Prosperous". I don't know if a simple Wailing Prisoner should trust that guy...)

^^ I didn't notice the name at first, I nearly spat out my coffee!

You guys are awesome. I myself spent a while there standing in the twin fire jets at the base of the stairs to the exit to the final fight. Was just testing my naked health regen... I didn't stay there though, I left at level 4.

The place was packed and Khaj'i got a lot of folks stopping and staring at her in her witches festival disguise dancing in the fire jets xD

It was a good laugh. Have fun!

• Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    awesome name mate, i lol'd
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Wailing Prison is the new Rawl'kha. It's like Woodstock in there. A million folks all leveling up for fun these days.

Kinda fun.

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume the banker works as well, so I'll be able to craft/drop BIS gear for the wailing prison. I have a couple mules that never leave the Bank in a town, so might as well make a character that never leaves the Wailing Prison.

Pick appropriate race for your prisoner, an Altmer or Bosmer could end ra... I mean, could be "popular" in prison, lol
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tomg999 wrote: »
    The Wailing Prison is the new Rawl'kha. It's like Woodstock in there. A million folks all leveling up for fun these days.

Kinda fun.

I wonder if that makes Molag Bal happy or sad.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomg999 wrote: »

Kinda fun.

I wonder if that makes Molag Bal happy or sad.
    I think it mostly makes him confused...

"I don't want these people to escape! But... they don't seem to want to escape..."
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm..., which race would feel the most "at home" in Coldharbour?
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on November 2, 2016 7:02PM
    PC/EU DC
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up picking Dunmer because I thought it would be easiest to make a Dunmer look soul shriven. As far as which race would feel the most "at home" there goes... Good question. I'd lean towards Altmer I guess because it seems like there are slightly more Altmer dealing with daedric summoning than other races. But only by a little...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up picking Dunmer because I thought it would be easiest to make a Dunmer look soul shriven. As far as which race would feel the most "at home" there goes... Good question. I'd lean towards Altmer I guess because it seems like there are slightly more Altmer dealing with daedric summoning than other races. But only by a little...

Hmm, well I can't see Bosmer or Argonians being very comfortable in Coldharbour, they're too attached to their plants. Redguards would be positively horrified at all the undead. Bretons would bawk at the lack of comfortable lodgings. I'm not sure about Khajiit, but now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a Soul Shriven Khajiit (nor Argonian for that matter). Dunmer would probably team up with the Dremora, enslaving the Soul Shriven. And as for Altmer, well they would somehow find a way to turn the whole situation in their favour. Imperials and Nords may try and start a revolt.
    So yeah, either Dunmer or Altmer would be a good choice.

EDIT: I forgot the Orsimer, they would probably team up with the Nords, but scoff at the Imperials
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on November 4, 2016 9:04AM
    PC/EU DC
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a Soul Shriven Khajiit (nor Argonian for that matter).
    Don't forget about this guy:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Er-Jaseen
    He may not play as big a role in the tutorial quest as he did at launch, but he's still there!

I'd have to agree with your overall assessment though.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you duel in the Wailing Prison?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    Can you duel in the Wailing Prison?
    I haven't actually had a chance to test it to find out. I'm actually guessing that you probably can't, but I'm hoping that you can.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a Soul Shriven Khajiit (nor Argonian for that matter).
    He may not play as big a role in the tutorial quest as he did at launch, but he's still there!

So ZoS nerfed him didn't they?
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay! Finally a Soul Shriven Argonian. But still haven't seen a Soul Shriven Khajiit, even player characters. I've looked in google images and ESO Fashion but haven't found any. If anyone has the Soul Shriven skin can they put up a screenshot of their Khajiit pls?
    PC/EU DC
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay! Finally a Soul Shriven Argonian. But still haven't seen a Soul Shriven Khajiit, even player characters. I've looked in google images and ESO Fashion but haven't found any. If anyone has the Soul Shriven skin can they put up a screenshot of their Khajiit pls?

There is a Soul Shriven Khajiit in one of the main quests. It is the one that you can bring Cadwell home with you, if I remember it correctly. The one where Tharn is a princess? That one. The Khajiit is right at the beginning of the quest and you can ask him about the place.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I created my Imperial Templar not so much on "feeling at home" but rather trying to think about how could I justify playing 50 levels of play (timeless in oblivion, but still a lot of subjective time to the character - not to mention I'm a slow distracted leveler so she will probably be there till about 2019) in the Wailing Prison.

Yes, this is the kind of internal debate that occupies my bike rides to work.

Anyhow, I find that some of my characters (and my spouse's) are more or less or slightly differently effected by their time there. My great romance backstory that involves Cold Harbor is all about Mol gro Durga (yeah, same dude in my sig) who returned to save Lyris, but bargained with the Prophet arguing that he would have to carry her if she was incapacitated - and the deal Mol arranged was that anything (anyone) he carried, and anyone he touched would return via the portal

All along he intended to rescue Alvard Stower (yes, the banker's brother) who had been his partner, and lost (with Mol) when Nibenay Vallery fell. He originally intended to be holding Lyris' hand (he has great respect for her capability) but thought that he might need to carry Alvard (who was in no shape to be rescued when Mol first met the Prophet).

He found Alvard; and this was before he found Lyris. He had underestimated how much being back would drain him. He was overwhelmed by hopelessness and he feared he would never escape.

And then he saw her. The light from her magick warmed him like the sun.

Surrounded in the golden light of Atherius, the one person who could survive, who could even blossom in such a dire place. A Breton Templar. Fianna Kingsley. She was a vision. An angel. Hope.

Eventually he returned through the portal, holding Lyris' hand, carrying Alvard and with Fianna sitting on his (excessively broad Orsimer) shoulder.

And nearly drained the prophet's magic, and put Lyris on the outs with him for quite some time.

So back to the whole 'who would be wandering around in Cold Harbor/Wailing Prison', my thought was that it should be a Templar, and it should be someone temperamentally suited to 1-Optimistic rescue (I picture 'young')and 2-Perseverative duty (I king of picture 'Imperial').

Hence my Imperial Templar.

And if memory serves me right that account was from the boxed set... I might be able to get the "bantam guar" pet (can't recall for sure) who could be related to Honor.

I'll check on that.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's gonna be funny when everyone gets their maxed toon out of the wailing prison - then jumps on their mount that'll be moving at the pace of a hobbled turtle :p

having said that...I'm creating my 8th and final character (bosmer stam sorc) to go start camping out there tonight :#
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place