The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet Tempest Isle, final boss

Jar_Ek
Jar_Ek
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there a way for the tank to actually control this fight (vet Tempest isla, final boss)? The boss seems to randomly charge pretty much anyone but the tank, but it is not the person furthest from her.
Can you force her not to charge by keeping everyone close (still have to dodge the aoe tho)... or is it a case of wearing more health for healers and dd?
I am getting a little fed up of being the last man standing because the healer got 1 shotted by the charge and the dps have died to the aoe, so I'd like to know if anyone has a trick to keeping them alive?
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    Is there a way for the tank to actually control this fight (vet Tempest isla, final boss)? The boss seems to randomly charge pretty much anyone but the tank, but it is not the person furthest from her.
    Can you force her not to charge by keeping everyone close (still have to dodge the aoe tho)... or is it a case of wearing more health for healers and dd?
    I am getting a little fed up of being the last man standing because the healer got 1 shotted by the charge and the dps have died to the aoe, so I'd like to know if anyone has a trick to keeping them alive?

Just stay CaC with the boss , if you are pack on the boss ( heal-dds-tank) she will not charge . but be careful when she incant , just leave for avoid the Red zone , and back on the boss .
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The charge can be blocked or roll dodged. If you don't do it it's one shot. This fight does not really need a tank, since the charge is random and she does not do a lot of damage with her other attacks. Is the hard mode still bugged?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, yes the hard mode is still bugged. Thanks for the answers... twas as I feared - there is no way for the tank to control the fight. Just need good dps and everyone to be able to roll dodge/run out of the aoe.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw has any tank tried Barrier, protective circle (from fighters guild, can't recall its real name), bone shield or any other cross appliable defenses that are not class specific... guard maybe?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As DK tank I spam ingenous shields in all boss fights, including this one. I can survive the AoE if I cast shield and block at the same time but I'm knocked back. The boss tends to charge right after the knock back. In some cases you can't get back up in time, especially with the whirlwinds that can hit you. They sometimes interrupt the dodge and stun you as well. So the fight actually has a lot of RNG. I've also seen that sometimes she does a ligtning attack similar to mage's wrath (sorc), that targets you right after the knockdown. I haven't figured out if it works the same - ex. targets low health players preferentially, but it seems so. IMO it's better to dodge the AoE and not cluster around the boss as someone suggested.

I've also seen they haven't said a word about fixing the bugged scroll for Tempest Island in this patch, just an aggro bug that made the boss chase players. Maybe they are related somehow, but I doubt it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • simchef
    simchef
    Having decent health 18-20k and harness magicka shield does the trick and of course knowing wen she gonna strike watching there steps
    Edited by simchef on October 24, 2016 3:39PM
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I have no trouble tanking her (as in staying alive and keeping aggro), but I have a huge problem with the dps and healers dying to the mechanics. They get 1 shotted by the aoe, or the charge, or stunned by the whirlwind and then 1 shotted... so I'm looking for a way to stop them from dying.... as a stam sorc tank (so no igneous unfortunately).
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bone shield is a good alternative to ingenous/blazing shield. So you can use that.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah tried that... they still died all the time.
  • Lefthy
    Lefthy
    ✭✭
    The indea in this boss is to stack on her, if you stay close she will no charge, thats whay she doesnt charge you, because you are close to her and go for the heal or the dps. Avoid red and get back to her.

Doing this, you will get damage from the hurricanes and the thunder she drops but nothing that will one shoot any of you.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah thats what I was trying to get them to do... but they really didnt seem to get it. NM.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healer and 2 DD's should stay on stairs, where scroll lies. Tank should stand a little bit higher upstairs. Tank initiates the fight and waits until boss will charge on him. Then there should be easy dance. We have no storm vortices on stairs, so no random and less care about. DD's and healer should be careful and don't let her charge on one of them again, otherwise all fight will be reset. To prevent this just stay in range of her red circle and move downstairs when she will apply this atack, then move upstairs to her again. This tactics will be easy for healer too, cuz he will be able to spam springs.
    Edited by EvilCroc on October 27, 2016 12:10PM
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for that strat @EvilCroc
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.
    I have done it recently with this strat. All good, 2 keys, prosperous Stormfist, divines Skoria epaulets :)
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    Healer and 2 DD's should stay on stairs, where scroll lies. Tank should stand a little bit higher upstairs. Tank initiates the fight and waits until boss will charge on him. Then there should be easy dance. We have no storm vortices on stairs, so no random and less care about. DD's and healer should be careful and don't let her charge on one of them again, otherwise all fight will be reset. To prevent this just stay in range of her red circle and move downstairs when she will apply this atack, then move upstairs to her again. This tactics will be easy for healer too, cuz he will be able to spam springs.

We accidentally ended up 2-manning her on the stairs... you can get pretty far down before it resets. We ended up fighting her on the first platform (where the stairs turn 90 degrees), and didn't get a reset. It was super easy without the winds and lightning; as a tank I probably could have solo'd it, although it would have taken me an hour.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally managed to do the HM yesterday evening. It didn't reset the scroll. The trick is to go carefully to the scroll and read it, then stay close to the boss for the duration of the fight. The edge of boss aggro circle is quite close to where the scroll lies and if you get too close you aggro her, then she deaggroes, resetting the scroll. ZoS finally answered on the other topic. Maybe it will get fixed next week with the small patch they do every Monday.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now all I have to do is to get my groups to actually stop and listen to the strat... which they patently failed to do 3 times yesterday (2x Tempest, 1x Engine Guardian).

It seems to me there is a huge disconnect between difficulty of general dungeon bosses vs difficulty of final dungeon bosses. Maybe if other fights were harder, then pug players would be better prepared for the difficulty hike? I don't know, but I am getting a bit fed up with Tempest Isle last boss.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still wondering, is there any possible way to do [Tempest Island Survivor] with PUG.
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    needs nerf
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    Now all I have to do is to get my groups to actually stop and listen to the strat... which they patently failed to do 3 times yesterday (2x Tempest, 1x Engine Guardian).

It seems to me there is a huge disconnect between difficulty of general dungeon bosses vs difficulty of final dungeon bosses. Maybe if other fights were harder, then pug players would be better prepared for the difficulty hike? I don't know, but I am getting a bit fed up with Tempest Isle last boss.

This is an issue to me as well. Several of the vet dungeons feel like normal dungeons. Then you get to the final boss and it is like wtf is this? I would love to see the whole dungeon pushed up some. But then i suppose people would complain even more about it taking to long.