The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sooo how about that super OP two-handed ultimate and that super useless destruction staff ultimate?

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure the two-handed ultimate is just as OP as people were fearing it to be, but that The Meta has yet to catch up to how obviously broken it is. I mean, just look at all those scrubs in Cyro still running magicka builds and using the destruction staff ultimate! Someone should really tell them how bad it is, I mean, it's so obvious. They're really dragging their groups down out there, I tell you what.

Edit to avoid more magicka persecution complex: I'm not complaining about Destruction Staff ult, it seems like it's right where it needs to be. I was highlighting the inconsistency between the PTS navel-gazing and the reality in the field.
Edited by Recremen on October 30, 2016 4:51PM
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    I'm sure the two-handed ultimate is just as OP as people were fearing it to be, but that The Meta has yet to catch up to how obviously broken it is. I mean, just look at all those scrubs in Cyro still running magicka builds and using the destruction staff ultimate! Someone should really tell them how bad it is, I mean, it's so obvious. They're really dragging their groups down out there, I tell you what.

IKR Stamina builds neglected by Wrobel AGAIN
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamina complaining about magicka skills / item sets. lol
    611044496-popcorn-telestation-changing-distance.jpg
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People actually thought the 2H ultimate would be OP? It's nothing compared to incap or dawnbreaker. I think I have gotten hit a total of 2 times by it since the patch.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dawnbreaker is too good to use anything else.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Recremen wrote: »

IKR Stamina builds neglected by Wrobel AGAIN
    Gothren wrote: »
    stamina complaining about magicka skills / item sets. lol
    611044496-popcorn-telestation-changing-distance.jpg

No no, you misunderstand, I'm not complaining. I'm highlighting how bad it is to take forum groupthink and navel-gazing at face value before things can be properly tested in large-scale fights. Destruction Staff ult is, I feel, right where it ought to be, but if you mentioned that on the PTS forums you'd be crucified. Meanwhile, the two-handed ult is good for maybe VMA runs if you get the cost refund morph, and little else. IDK maybe duelers use it? It's just a complete reversal of what the PTS expectations were.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really strong for duelling heavy armour junkies but that's more or less the only use Ive found for it. Dawnbreaker > Berserker Strike for open world, by far.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h Ult was never great.

Destro ult is *** concept wise and is only used bc it´s dmg got buffed to be comparable with meteor. The problem with trying to make a bad concept work is that they had to buff it´s dmg to absurd levels (as it´s the only thing the ultimate does really) to make ppl consider it over choices with secondary effects.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not buying it. your post was nothing but extreme sarcasm. In addition, your choice of words were so bad that you had to edit it.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not buying it. your post was nothing but extreme sarcasm. In addition, your choice of words were so bad that you had to edit it.

You can not buy it all you want, but it's the truth. And also I only edited in that bit at the end, the body of the text remains unchanged. :-p More persecution complex.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you say what you wrote doesn't mean x, but what you said means y. that clearly is not the case. word choice matters. im smelling some salt in the air.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The complaints about the destro ult were not only about its damage prior to its upgrade, but also the kind of damage (dot vs direct). Many experienced PVP players would have and would still prefer something akin to Dawnbreaker -- which you may recall Magicka players utilized for years. ZOS responded by boosting the damage of the Destro ult. Most opinions were formed prior to its damage upgrade on PTS.

Though its use is popular and it is extremely effective, I think the overwhelming consensus among PVP players is that it is another poorly designed addition to the game. The only good argument for its existence is that it helps narrow the Magicka/Stamina gap. At a gameplay level, it's crap.

The 2H ult is powerful. However 5+5+2 builds are vogue and the resistance bypass function of this ability is redundant in the proc-shot meta. I think as the dust settles, we may see a lot more of it.
    Edited by zyk on October 31, 2016 10:01PM
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny PvP'er you got it backwards. The destro ult is great and the two hand ult is weak.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you say what you wrote doesn't mean x, but what you said means y. that clearly is not the case. word choice matters. im smelling some salt in the air.

Well I could break it down ontologically for you if you really want to split hairs about how "word choice matters". When I said "is just as OP as people were fearing it to be", I am clearly referencing some previous point in time where people were afraid that the Two-Handed ultimate would be OP. Now you could ignore that and instead focus on the rest of the post if that fits your pretentious narrative, but I'm pretty sure most people will see it for what it is. Maybe you weren't active enough on the forums to remember the hype for Two-Handed and the cries about how weak the Destruction Staff ultimates were going to be, but anyone actually around for that will know where I'm coming from.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit