The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Issue with Provisioning Writs?

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This has been mentioned before but far as I know did not get a response.

A player with 6/6 Recipe Improvement is only supposed to need the following recipes for Provisioning Writs:
Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate
Hearty Garlic Corn Chowder
Lilmoth Garlic Hagfish
Hagraven's Tonic
Markarth Mead
Muthsera's Remorse

However, I picked up my first Provisioning Writ as a Rank 6 Provisioner from One Tamriel and they are asking for these:
Pickled Carrot Slurry
Arenthian Brandy

So I'm being asked to make and turn in CP50 Consumables when I should be doing CP150. Is this intended or a bug? The other Writs aren't as screwy... Please acknowledge Zenimax! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 19, 2016 1:28AM
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • thefndodge
    Happened to me too after downloading the update.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I should also mention my Writ Reward was a CP100 Recipe.
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    getting the same error on my 3 characters on PS4, pretty sure its a bug. I seem to remember it happening when PC launched, I am a little disappointed it was not fixed by the time console launched if it is in fact the same problem.
    Edited by summitxho on October 19, 2016 4:42AM
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same :/
    Pc na
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Seeing as that thread is about 2 weeks old now and the issue has carried over from PC Zenimax needs to acknowledge this topic and tell us if it's intended or not and when we can get a fix for it.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix this zos. All my top tier crafters are having to turn in writs at craglorn again and only getting low level mats....... :#
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did writs on 2 toons yesterday. I did not have the recipe on one of them, but it was for sale at chef in orsinium for 1350 gold!WTF!?

Then I had to go to Belkarth to turn in......with no wayshrine there? some searching I ha had to go to wayrest and catch a ride there from a caravan. Once I got there, all the wayshrine came back. I did get a survey....for Bankorai...I've never done a survey there, so it's gonna sit for awhile.

On a high note, I was able to open up all my writ coffers and the surveys stack in inventory now! Instantly freed up 40 slots. That'll help majorly with my inventory management online.

Next I need to find where you start doing the mages guild daily quests.....
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can search the guild traders for green CP150 recipes needed for writs. They should go for a few dozen, 200 gold max. Much cheaper than the NPC prices.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. But I have no problem with that since I have hundreds of recepies. I just hope I won't have to craft 4 foods or drinks of the same type if the ones I will need to hand in can be any recepie in game.
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

Next I need to find where you start doing the mages guild daily quests.....

@kylewwefan

Go to the Capital City of your Alliance and go the Mages Guild there. So either Deeshan, Wayrest or Grahtwood

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not so much that I am being asked to make CP50 or CP100 recipes, it's that I now have to burn 12 inventory slots to do writs, not 6 like before.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I just got my 3 characters leveled to 50 on provisioning as well as searching skyshards for the skill points specifically to do the highest tier writs as I am going after the psijic ambrosia recipe, I hope they get this fixed soon. Over the past couple weeks I spent a great deal of time/gold collecting ingredients and recipes to get them there, now it seems that time was wasted, cant help but feel a little let down regarding this, small thing yes, but annoying after the time I just spent. Has there been any feedback for PC users yet on this? Or have we been left to dry?
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix this zos. All my top tier crafters are having to turn in writs at craglorn again and only getting low level mats....... :#

Everything turns in at Belkarth now, that isn't the issue. The issue is Rank 6 Provisioners are getting Writs for Ranks 4 and 5 at times when they should only get Rank 6 all the time.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I recently had to craft more food for my writs but I didn't pay attention to what rank they were. I just assumed I finally ran out of my stock in the bank. I'll take another look. Maybe I have food/drink stored that isn't even used for writs anymore.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I think I know what's going on here.

1 of the Rank 6/6 Writs got messed up. 2 of the 3 will ask for the usual but the 3rd is wrong. Instead of Hearty Garlic Corn Chowder and Markarth Mead it asks for Pickled Carrot Slurry and Arenthian Brandy. I doubt this is intended but if it is could we get confirmation on it @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    i've had something else than the Pickled Carrot Slurry and Arenthian Brandy and not a regular 6/6 writ today .
    it was a fruit dish (don't remember the name ) and some thee .they were cp 50 i believe .
    i turned the writ in and got the regular reward with bervez juice and frost mirriam so it didn't really matter to me
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I figured out the pattern of what was happening on the provisioning writs in the first week after One Tamriel went live - have never received a response from ZOS:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297026/one-tamriel-max-provisioning-writs-decoded#latest
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens the other way around as well: my Lvl 40/Rank 6 provisioner gets asked to create CP150 stuff. Luckily I had collected nearly all receipes on her ...
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really don't mind, except for having to turn in writs in a dump like belkarth instead of orsinium. I'm getting recipients of all levels and it's nice, I'm getting to fill in gaps in my lists. Also I've got literally thousands of mats for provisioning so it makes no difference to me stock wise to nock up a few hundred, god help the economy if players like me ever get the chance to craft up batches of food >:)
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another writ changed on me. It's asking me for Fresh Apples and Eidar Cheese plus Khenarthi's Wings Chai. Is this gonna get fixed?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really don't mind, except for having to turn in writs in a dump like belkarth instead of orsinium. I'm getting recipients of all levels and it's nice, I'm getting to fill in gaps in my lists. Also I've got literally thousands of mats for provisioning so it makes no difference to me stock wise to nock up a few hundred, god help the economy if players like me ever get the chance to craft up batches of food >:)

Well you don't mind, but for the rest of us, the amount of inventory slots we have to save for new foods just doubled. Inventory management is already a bother with so much new stuff to store and keep.

There's also the issue of the rewards. I'm sure provisioning follows the lines of the rest of the writs, meaning the higher tier of reward coffers have the better chance for better rewards. Like Ambrosia recipe fragments.

Regardless, this seems like a clear bug, and this isnt the first thread about it as it is.

Would be nice if the actual devs would bother even replying that they're aware of the issue.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Well you don't mind, but for the rest of us, the amount of inventory slots we have to save for new foods just doubled. Inventory management is already a bother with so much new stuff to store and keep.

There's also the issue of the rewards. I'm sure provisioning follows the lines of the rest of the writs, meaning the higher tier of reward coffers have the better chance for better rewards. Like Ambrosia recipe fragments.

Regardless, this seems like a clear bug, and this isnt the first thread about it as it is.

Would be nice if the actual devs would bother even replying that they're aware of the issue.

There's also the fact that some may not have the CP50 Recipes learned and cannot buy them if I'm not mistaken due to being Rank 6/6 and thus only able to buy CP150 Recipes.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume its intended. As Rank 6/6 covers CP50/100/150 recipes right? So if they coded by Rank there's no sub divide.

It's ambiguous tho, be nice they confirmed.

Sucks needing 18 slots to carry all the food needed if so. Big time.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I assume its intended. As Rank 6/6 covers CP50/100/150 recipes right? So if they coded by Rank there's no sub divide.

It's ambiguous tho, be nice they confirmed.

Sucks needing 18 slots to carry all the food needed if so. Big time.

Actually I'm quite sure Rank 5 covers CP50.