The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Drawing the line in the Crown Store

TheSwanKing
TheSwanKing
✭✭✭
Listen Zenimax, I love this game but hiding new items behind the crates is just a horrible idea. I am fine with having old costume returning through them(done you dare add the hero costume, don't go all Call of Duty on us.) But please don't hide new items... I mean come on.
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a fantastic idea and I can not wait for what ZOS has in store for crown crates. I'm hoping they made some adjustments to the RNG and pricing of said crates (that's what the PTS is for ... testing) so don't fully discard the idea of them just yet.
  • DahliaNight
    DahliaNight
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP too.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • nvsg
    nvsg
    ✭✭✭
    has this released fpr pc? I saw a crown store update on this forum waiting for it to come on xbox swear im the only one exicted about it
  • Diabolus1989
    Diabolus1989
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with OP
  • CrunchyBrownie5
    Good post op I stand with you
    "Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering it's a feather bed." -Terence McKenna

Gamertag: CrunchyBrownie5
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow barely 6 comments and already 3 soul shrivens out of the blue lol
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like crown crates the best thing you can do (once they're released) is vote with your wallet and refuse to buy them. Even if there are things in them you would normally buy.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If you don't like crown crates the best thing you can do (once they're released) is vote with your wallet and refuse to buy them. Even if there are things in them you would normally buy.

Especially if there are things in them you would normally buy, I'd say. Caving in because you "really, really needed that mount", but saying "but I totally don't support these boxes guys" is still supporting the boxes.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings about this issue. I used to play SWTOR and they got greedy as hell, throwing too much junk in with the crates to make it worth while, then they decided to take the extra step and make ultra rare items without telling their player base. The drop rates on these were reflective of true greed.

Notice I said 'used to play'...... This blatant rip off scheme sent me packing.

ZOS, do not abuse your player base!
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consumers defending bad business practices of companies to justify their own purchases are worse than the companies that made bad business descisions in the first place.

Stop defending ZOS over the grim harlequin thing, they *** up, they are a big company they dont need your support or your petty downvoting of people that dont want to be screwed over.

This kind of thing pisses me off. You are the consumers, you are not the PR people of a company. Stop beeing unpaid shills and have some dignity.
    Edited by Wow on October 27, 2016 3:37AM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So to be sardonic about crown crates... it's another way to increase profits. Some of the more unique mounts in the past have cost 4000 crowns which roughly converts to $40. So... can we expect to end up paying even more to get something we might be interested in? Also, unless something changes from the PTS, the conversion to crown gems of unwanted crown crates was terrible. I think the only thing so far that's keeping me from feeling especially angry about this is that there isn't anything i'm interested in but i'm sure it's only a matter of time before there is something I really want... and then is it ethical to have dedicated players drop $100 (assuming failed attempts, convert to crowns, repeat) just to get something they actually want? I'm still taking a wait and see approach but I can't help but feel like this is going nowhere good.