The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vollenfell - Quintus Verres

XoxHANNIBALxoX
XoxHANNIBALxoX
✭✭✭
Just realised after my second run through that the daily pledge in Vollenfell cannot be completed because it doesnt recognise that Quintus Verres has been killed!!!
Is this happening to others?
Xbox EU
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes same here, ps4 NA. A few people in Elden Root area chat said the same thing happened to them as well.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you DPS him down before he summoned the gargoyle? I seem to remember that quest progression is tied to the gargoyle's death, not his, and you can break it by killing him too quickly.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My group ran 4 dps and burned every boss in a few seconds, and we had no issues completing it.

rip decibel
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    We had no problem killing him, he lay there dead but the game / pledge just didnt recognise it
  • Anamander
    Anamander
    Yeh PS4 EU same problem ran through twice same both times. Said completed but still said he needed to be killed on list. Went back to get silver key no joy.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had this happen too... submitted a ticket and the only response i got was "thanks for submitting a ticket"

a week or two later i got an e-mail asking how satisfied i was with the support i received and how my problem was solved...?

uh... whut? unless they sent me a silver key for the pledge i tried to complete 3 times.... they didn't solve anything.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Anamander
    Anamander
    Same here did this one weeks ago it was bugged then, tried this evening for silver pledge gave up when killing him didn't take him of the list. :'( I also put a ticket in...................................................
  • Anamander
    Anamander
    Just realised after my second run through that the daily pledge in Vollenfell cannot be completed because it doesnt recognise that Quintus Verres has been killed!!!
    Is this happening to others?
    Xbox EU

YES PS4 EU...............
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    Yep after all these hours of maintenance this quest is still broke as of tonight.
  • HoolDog
    HoolDog
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me when trying to farm undaunted for a character I can't get the volenfell complete because it will not recognise the kill on this boss!

Tried killing him slow so he can bring gargoyle in.

And

Tried rinsing him before he can summon the gargoyle

Both kills wouldn't register
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First day back doing pledges, and this is impossible to complete...

I even went back solo and killed him - made sure that the gargoyle spawned first - and still won't register.

*sigh*
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup... been like it the last 3 times Volenfell has rotated around... That means its about a month now and this issue hasn't been resolved. Are we still under the illusion that Zenimax are going to fix issues? I'm not... not anymore.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last time I ran this one on PC, we sort of killed him before he could summon the Gargoyle. Sort of because he kept attacking us with zero HP. So we tried to reset the fight by running back. Followed us all the way to the start, even knocked a couple of us through the door. Luckily he could follow through the wall, because letting him kill us was the only way to reset the fight.

By the way, if you somehow make it past that fight, and this is your first time so you want the skill point for the quest. You may need to wait for the NPC to escape through the door first after the last boss fight, or she might not appear on the other side to finish the quest. Very buggy dungeon.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two easy fixes for this... (and it's an either/or situation)

1) Remove Volenfell from the pledge rotation...

or....

2) Remove Quintus from the requirements for pledge completion.

Obviously, the third, more desirable choice, would be fix the dungeon. But I don't think this is in their plans.
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    Even though i quite like the pledge i think it should be removed as there are obviously a lot of people still running through it thinking that theyre gonna get a silver key at the end.
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    This issue has been fixed internally and should be updated on the Live servers in a patch soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Issue fixed" LMAO, this bug has been around since forever, was supposedly fixed at least 5 times in-between and is still here.
    Good luck on getting it fixed this time.

At least your thread didn't get closed by a mod like the one about this very same issue i posted in 2 weeks ago ...
    dry.gif
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Volenfell comes around again in 13 days time. That's a day or so AFTER the release of One Tamriel - so it won't take long to figure out if they genuinely fixed it or not...
  • whoa_dammitub17_ESO
    2 run throughs- didn't work yesterday
    Die in battle and go to Valhalla
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    Yay silver pledge is Vollenfell again tomorrow. Wonder if its been fixed yet!!!!
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We ran it last night with no issues.

When he starts to summon the gargoyle we stopped all dps and did not start again (with the gargoyle) until he died his scripted death.

My guild has been using that tactic for months now with no issues. If you pull back once the gargoyle summon triggers, and let him keel over without additional help once it's done, he doesn't bug out.

Unfortunately, he is bugged in other ways. Nobody else had a taunt, just the tank, but he wasn't interested in the tank. After he one-shot my healer I got to watch the scene closely:
    Our tank was repeatedly stabbing him in the back incessantly with Piercing Armor, while he proceeded to continue to ignore the tank and chase around one of the dps. It was funny, but that is going to get annoying in the long run too. :s
    Edited by SolarCat02 on October 22, 2016 12:37PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    Nah theyve fixed it. Ran it twice yesterday the same way as previous weeks but this time it worked both times no issues. Well done Zos thanks for listening.
  • Nirrudn
    Nirrudn
    ✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, he is bugged in other ways. Nobody else had a taunt, just the tank, but he wasn't interested in the tank. After he one-shot my healer I got to watch the scene closely:
    Our tank was repeatedly stabbing him in the back incessantly with Piercing Armor, while he proceeded to continue to ignore the tank and chase around one of the dps. It was funny, but that is going to get annoying in the long run too. :s

I'm pretty sure Quintus is intentionally immune to taunt. It's always been like that the 4 or 5 times I've ran the dungeon. He doesn't hit hard enough to one-shot anyone if they block his wind-up attack and stay out of his red circle.

• XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    Hes hardly the most difficult to kill. And hes not powerful enough to do much harm if you know the mechanics