The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fortification in the middle of Stormhaven?

UrQuan
UrQuan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So there's a fortification close to the middle of Stormhaven - right in between Hammerdeath Workshop, Dreugh Waters, and Bonesnap Ruins. It's been bugging me for a while, because I haven't been able to find any way to get in it, and I haven't been able to find out anything about it. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any Stormhaven quests. Does anyone know what this place is, whether there's any way to get in, and whether there's anything to do there?
Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that this is bugging. I have no earthly idea what it is, and it's driving me nuts!
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it might be a fortification of the Hands of Stendarr or something. I never got in there but the Flag outside reminds me of the Stendarr Holy Symbol. So I figure it's planned content that hasn't happened yet.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot get in. It is either for just looks of the landscape or available for some use that might get implemented in the future.
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that awhile ago maybe something is going to be added there in an update I'm pretty sure they're is something similar in alik'r desert
    Edited by brandon on June 4, 2014 5:19AM
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs have said that they plan to add more quests to existing areas in the future. This could easily be related to that.

I must admit it did bug me when I first saw it too. I spent forever trying to find a way in. Reminds me of that bridge in Stros M'Kai at Rash Merchant's Plummet. I don't even want to tell you how much time I spent trying to jump across that bridge.
  • Yann
    Yann
    ✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    I must admit it did bug me when I first saw it too. I spent forever trying to find a way in. Reminds me of that bridge in Stros M'Kai at Rash Merchant's Plummet. I don't even want to tell you how much time I spent trying to jump across that bridge.
    I even reached the second island, but I always got eaten after that lol
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yann wrote: »
    nudel wrote: »
    I even reached the second island, but I always got eaten after that lol

Now I'm curious. How did you manage to do that? The first bridge was blocked by an invisible object and I never found a way around that.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you could get across in beta, and maybe the early days, with a lot of luck and patience. But, like you said, I think they put up an invisible barrier, which is really too bad. There was no harm in it, and it felt like an achievement.
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't resurrect a thread from 2014.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Please don't resurrect a thread from 2014.
    Although on the plus side the resurrection of this thread (that I forgot I had created way back when) has given me an indication of how long I've been waiting to get inside that place... Since I posted this thread about a month after PC launch, and evidently it had already been bugging me for a while by then, it would appear I've been wanting to get in there almost as long as the game has been live!

And yes, I've now been in there a bunch of times on PTS.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is old but I clicked cause I thought it said ***.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefell wrote: »
    I think you could get across in beta, and maybe the early days, with a lot of luck and patience. But, like you said, I think they put up an invisible barrier, which is really too bad. There was no harm in it, and it felt like an achievement.

You can still get past that, it just takes a lot of trial and error to work out a route. You will fall down probably 30 times before you manage it.
    You can make it to the 4th/5th island by jumping over most of the water with a mount & rapid maneuver, although its a bit easier to get stuck in the water and die now since they nerfed jump height a few patches back.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION