The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blocking Meteor

• lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even use metoer unless I'm 1v1ing then I just put standard in its place cause its the only why as a magdk I can beat a maplar and most people think they czn eat it so they fight in it anyways
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fvh09NL wrote: »
    Did I just read the OP correctly in that they do not want the meteor ultimate to be blocked?!?

Is this a joke? Not satisfied that every NPC in the game is a pushover and "group" dungeons are soloable, now you want to make PvP into a place where zero skill is required and ultimates are "I win" buttons that players have no defense against.

No what I meant is that because of the ring marking the target a while before it hits, people just hold block and walk it off real easy. So maybe I didn't clarify well enough; I didn't mean to say it should be unblockable, I just wanted to see thoughts about how people think about making it less clear who the target hits (like Valkyn Skoria) in order to make it less predictable.

OK, sorry for misunderstanding but in the OP the wording "blocking through" to me sounded like you didn't like that it could be blocked.

I don't have a problem with the mechanics currently since: it can't be dodged, can't be reflected, can't be LoSed, can't be purged, can't do anything but block. Removing the warning would make it too powerful. Even if the target blocks, it doesn't necessarily mean the ultimate is wasted - the target is doing nothing but blocking for like 3 seconds, still is in a DoT afterward, and almost always the people around the target aren't blocking and are thus susceptible to a quick kill.
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    Did I just read the OP correctly in that they do not want the meteor ultimate to be blocked?!?

Is this a joke? Not satisfied that every NPC in the game is a pushover and "group" dungeons are soloable, now you want to make PvP into a place where zero skill is required and ultimates are "I win" buttons that players have no defense against.

No what I meant is that because of the ring marking the target a while before it hits, people just hold block and walk it off real easy. So maybe I didn't clarify well enough; I didn't mean to say it should be unblockable, I just wanted to see thoughts about how people think about making it less clear who the target hits (like Valkyn Skoria) in order to make it less predictable.

OK, sorry for misunderstanding but in the OP the wording "blocking through" to me sounded like you didn't like that it could be blocked.

I don't have a problem with the mechanics currently since: it can't be dodged, can't be reflected, can't be LoSed, can't be purged, can't do anything but block. Removing the warning would make it too powerful. Even if the target blocks, it doesn't necessarily mean the ultimate is wasted - the target is doing nothing but blocking for like 3 seconds, still is in a DoT afterward, and almost always the people around the target aren't blocking and are thus susceptible to a quick kill.

You are right I wasn't really clear, I just am not fond of the ring that warns the target really clearly. And I do agree that it's not a complete waste, but for a mDK it can sometimes be hard to cope with your best burst being wasted :wink:
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are right I wasn't really clear, I just am not fond of the ring that warns the target really clearly. And I do agree that it's not a complete waste, but for a mDK it can sometimes be hard to cope with your best burst being wasted :wink:

Factor the block into consideration.

You should be thinking "I will pop meteor, either they don't notice or don't care that it lands on their head, in which case yahoo I got the best scenario... Or they may block more than they need to so they are sure their block is up, and if I see a block then I will do X."

What about people that don't block and also don't stand there in your face? I know blocking a meteor makes me into a tree just standing there to be chopped down, so sometimes I dodge roll away and drop a ritual of retribution and launch a gap closer charge to knock you down too, then we are both spending time breaking a cc effect and both of us are in an AOE except mine is also healing me. And lasts longer.

Edit: it really works if I can manage to block-cancel the retribution, but that's rare timing.
    Edited by Cryptical on October 1, 2016 4:03PM
    Xbox NA
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Edited by Cathexis on October 1, 2016 7:55PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I understand Stam is OP, but the solution is to balance Magicka and Stamina, not to turn a strong (yet balanced) Ultimate into dawnbreaker.

Fixed.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I think I probably agree.. As a stam player with no meteor (havn't unlocked it yet), I've found it very easy to block and when I do the amount of damage I take from it is pitiful from an ultimate - especially one that takes so long to unlock..

Why is it so easy to get fighters guild maxed - but mages takes so long and is such a drag..?

When I level up, I usually hit Mages Guild 10 while still having Fighters Guild 5 or something.
    When getting the skyshards, just pick up the books.
    Hope you are not on console though, as without the Minimap add-on that shows you all the books it's probably a painful grind.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »
    Yeah, why is it that mages guild takes like 5x longer than FG, yet the fighters guild ult is undodgeable (I think), while the mage guild is the most telegraphed skill in the game, and can be blocked??
    I think I probably agree.. As a stam player with no meteor (havn't unlocked it yet), I've found it very easy to block and when I do the amount of damage I take from it is pitiful from an ultimate - especially one that takes so long to unlock..

Why is it so easy to get fighters guild maxed - but mages takes so long and is such a drag..?

getting mages guild up is way faster than getting fighter guild. Just need to practice good lorebook rotation and its fast as hell. with 0 speed horse, but i recommend getting rapid maneuver first from cyro.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    Yeah, why is it that mages guild takes like 5x longer than FG, yet the fighters guild ult is undodgeable (I think), while the mage guild is the most telegraphed skill in the game, and can be blocked??

getting mages guild up is way faster than getting fighter guild. Just need to practice good lorebook rotation and its fast as hell. with 0 speed horse, but i recommend getting rapid maneuver first from cyro.

Technically mages guild is faster, but jesus christ it's boring as hell. At least with FG I can grind IC and potentially run into enemy players. Much more fun than running around reading books.
    Also, I feel for the console players who don't have the lorebook addon. That would make me want to cry.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Technically mages guild is faster, but jesus christ it's boring as hell. At least with FG I can grind IC and potentially run into enemy players. Much more fun than running around reading books.
    Also, I feel for the console players who don't have the lorebook addon. That would make me want to cry.

best way to do it> have someone understand your rotation> so, you going towards one lorebook, he goes to next set of lorebooks wayshrine and waits for you to tp, then when you there, then he go to next set and so on. takes about 1h.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do PVP players always complain and never consider the impact of a nerf on PVE? :/ For PVE, I love my Meteor Ultra! I do not want to see it nerfed.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Why do PVP players always complain and never consider the impact of a nerf on PVE? :/ For PVE, I love my Meteor Ultra! I do not want to see it nerfed.

Nobody wants it nerfed man, not in the slightest
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe speed up the impact time, but you can't make an ultimate unblockable that also CCs that's just dumb.

I always have meteor on my back bar for the Max Magicka, and I have to admit I rarely use it due to its extreme telegraph, it needs to be changed slightly but idk in what way.

But I'll be using the sword and board ultimate when Update 12 drops on console on my back bar so it is what it is.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

I just got the lorebook addon for my baby magsorc - what a difference! But even so, I tend to grind in IC quite a lot while levelling for the tel-var/tokens etc. which makes it very quick to gear-up when hitting 50. Fighters guild levels really quickly as a side-effect. Its a great combo for XP-gain, gearing up and fighters guild levelling all in one - where running around for lorebooks means your XP gain stops and you're not getting any gear out of it either. That's what makes it slow imho, in that it doesn't just happen while doing other stuff.

But anyways - back to the main subject I think I've changed my mind now about it being un-blockable.. I think it could probably just could do with being a little less telegraphed.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I totally agree with you Biro! I was not really clear about my opinion on the skill as I have mentioned several times now. I just didnt like the combo of a really obvious warning (circle), the timer and it being blockable, where the latter two are fine :)

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to wait until they're not CC immune, cast it, then drop Luminous Shards, Petrify, Rune or whatever else drops block on your class just before it hits them. If you don't have either of those skills don't bother using it, there's miles better ultimates IMO.
    PC EU
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I understand Stam is OP, but the solution is to balance Magicka and Stamina, not to turn a strong (yet balanced) Ultimate into dawnbreaker.

Fixed.

yeah..... that actually fits better tbh :/