The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blocking Meteor

Fvh09NL
Fvh09NL
✭✭✭
I don't know if there is a similar thread somewhere else, but I just wanted to ask why you can actually block through the Meteor Ultimate. You already have a lot of time to react/prepare as it takes a while to hit the target after the sound and circle mark that target. Maybe it's just me but I really dislike it, it's an ultimate and it should do a lot of damage. The knockback is already counterable by using potions or skills and that is fine, but if the meteor is blocked it doesn't even do more damage as a normal spammable attack. Thoughts?
Edited by Fvh09NL on September 29, 2016 4:20PM
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no idea. This ultimate is great it hits, but that is unlikely cause of the buildup and just being able to block it and just walk out of the extremely small AOE. At least it isn't reflectable though!
    Edited by Bandit1215 on September 29, 2016 4:30PM
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because every other ultimate besides pure ground DOTS are blockable.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I probably agree.. As a stam player with no meteor (havn't unlocked it yet), I've found it very easy to block and when I do the amount of damage I take from it is pitiful from an ultimate - especially one that takes so long to unlock..

Why is it so easy to get fighters guild maxed - but mages takes so long and is such a drag..?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, why is it that mages guild takes like 5x longer than FG, yet the fighters guild ult is undodgeable (I think), while the mage guild is the most telegraphed skill in the game, and can be blocked??
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I think I probably agree.. As a stam player with no meteor (havn't unlocked it yet), I've found it very easy to block and when I do the amount of damage I take from it is pitiful from an ultimate - especially one that takes so long to unlock..

Why is it so easy to get fighters guild maxed - but mages takes so long and is such a drag..?

CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a sorc I don't even use meteor anymore, as stated people know it's coming and just hold block and walk it off, wasted ulti.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There are a couple of ways to make the meteor hit, such as petrify, streak's stun, agony...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

There are a couple of ways to make the meteor hit, such as petrify, streak's stun, agony...

But it's an ultimate, and it's not exactly a cheap one either. You shouldn't have to rely on another ability just so it even hits the opponent..

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it's an ultimate, and it's not exactly a cheap one either. You shouldn't have to rely on another ability just so it even hits the opponent..

Those are two different issues, he was just saying it can be comboed to good effect. A buff is a better idea, unblockable would be pretty devastating when used by zergs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Standard is a more expensive ultimate and you can just dodge roll it. To make it work properly you need talons

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block? Pretty sure it can be reflected.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are two different issues, he was just saying it can be comboed to good effect. A buff is a better idea, unblockable would be pretty devastating when used by zergs

I don't think it should be unblockable, I just wish the ring didn't show up around the player to give them the heads up.

Standard is a more expensive ultimate and you can just dodge roll it. To make it work properly you need talons

True, but also it gives a lot of utility and any ground based AoE isn't exactly a good choice for PvP
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Block? Pretty sure it can be reflected.

Not any more, changed a while ago. Also can't cloak or purge it. Pretty sure it tracks you too, so blocking the initial hit, and rolling out of the AoE, is about the only counter left for this ultimate.

I guess it you are one on one, your opponent will see it coming. Against groups, particularly on keep walls, you can catch players asleep, or sometimes out of stamina.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with meteor. Because it's blockable it makes you think when using it instead of ok ultimate is ready there goes most of your health while I'm standing at the back of the zerg.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's fine that it's blockable, but they should slightly reduce the amount of time from cast to impact so that it isn't SO easy to block.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't think it should be unblockable, I just wish the ring didn't show up around the player to give them the heads up.

True, but also it gives a lot of utility and any ground based AoE isn't exactly a good choice for PvP

It depends on if you are solo playing or group. At certain locations (Alessia's bridge, res towers, gates) can be devastating.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you asking for an unblock able attack that hits for a *** ton and has no counters? I'm sorry but ideas like these ruin this game and remove skill factors. L2CC
    Edited by Firerock2 on September 29, 2016 6:24PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I think it's fine that it's blockable, but they should slightly reduce the amount of time from cast to impact so that it isn't SO easy to block.

I think the time span is OK. Otherwise it becomes a zerg tool

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP blockable meteors means you could survive two. Unblockable means you would be lucky to survive one. In 1v1 it's easy to cc right before it lands. Against a group it's easy to target someone who will have trouble blocking it or in the chaos know it's coming.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    No I'm not asking for meteor to be unblockable, but because of the sound, and especially the ring around the target and time between cast and impact, I think it should be faster/more like the Valkyn Skoria meteor. At least this way it's not extremely easy to counter it.
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    So in my opinion, if they just remove the ring the ability is fine
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor has its fair share of counters just like any other ult. The good thing about meteor is that it cannot be cloaked or reflected now. I kinda like that its delayed before it hits. Gives my sorc/templar the time to line up a DF/frag+ curse/empower + CC/toppling charge just before meteor hits for some whopping one-two KO combo punch.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do love the fossilize shooting star combo on my magicka dk lol
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I recall, it is undodgeable. When you move, the white target ring moves with you. So, no dodge and no reflect means it *is* landing on you, no doubt.

All you have is block... and maybe a shield or ward I dunno.

Seems fine to me.
    Edited by Cryptical on September 30, 2016 4:51PM
    Xbox NA
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I just read the OP correctly in that they do not want the meteor ultimate to be blocked?!?

Is this a joke? Not satisfied that every NPC in the game is a pushover and "group" dungeons are soloable, now you want to make PvP into a place where zero skill is required and ultimates are "I win" buttons that players have no defense against.

• the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    Fvh09NL wrote: »
    I don't know if there is a similar thread somewhere else, but I just wanted to ask why you can actually block through the Meteor Ultimate. You already have a lot of time to react/prepare as it takes a while to hit the target after the sound and circle mark that target. Maybe it's just me but I really dislike it, it's an ultimate and it should do a lot of damage. The knockback is already counterable by using potions or skills and that is fine, but if the meteor is blocked it doesn't even do more damage as a normal spammable attack. Thoughts?

Hey Meteor Lovers! Meteor cannot be dodged and if you time your CC correctly they cannot block it. Additionally, if you are using shooting star, even if the target blocks it, the AOE damage hits the enemies around your target. It's a very strong skill when used craftily. I feel ZOS should do a similar thing to proxy det...

When you just throw down a meteor without thinking, it should be useless. When you wisely incorporate it into your combo, it should be epic! Meteor is working just great and I wish ZOS would figure out how to do something similar for proxy det so skilled users can enjoy it!

Cheers!
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »
    Yeah, why is it that mages guild takes like 5x longer than FG, yet the fighters guild ult is undodgeable (I think), while the mage guild is the most telegraphed skill in the game, and can be blocked?

Dawnbreaker is dodgeable, it's just not as obvious b/c it doesn't graphically depict the aoe as conveniently as with meteor.

FYI there are ways to force people to eat the full damage of meteor (and the cc) without them being able to block. Try casting meteor and then immediately following it up with a hard cc (agony, petrify, rune prison, etc.) and they will eat the full meteor in most cases. Typically, unless the enemy player is extremely quick to break free of the hard cc, there isn't enough time to block + dodge too.
    Edited by Autolycus on September 30, 2016 8:58PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this serious?? there's no say you can be serious ...... :lol:

Meteor is undodgeable. It's a guaranteed, high damage blast of Fire or Cold damage. It also comes with a buggy knockdown if not blocked. This Ult can be be cast and timed correctly for massive burst or a made unblockable through CCs.

I understand Stam is OP, but the solution is to balance Magicka and Stamina, not to turn a strong (yet balanced) Ultimate into a total gamebreaker.
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    Did I just read the OP correctly in that they do not want the meteor ultimate to be blocked?!?

Is this a joke? Not satisfied that every NPC in the game is a pushover and "group" dungeons are soloable, now you want to make PvP into a place where zero skill is required and ultimates are "I win" buttons that players have no defense against.

No what I meant is that because of the ring marking the target a while before it hits, people just hold block and walk it off real easy. So maybe I didn't clarify well enough; I didn't mean to say it should be unblockable, I just wanted to see thoughts about how people think about making it less clear who the target hits (like Valkyn Skoria) in order to make it less predictable.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't just use it. Or people will block it.

It rewards smart play, because when you make it connect it hits hard.
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    When you just throw down a meteor without thinking, it should be useless. When you wisely incorporate it into your combo, it should be epic! Meteor is working just great and I wish ZOS would figure out how to do something similar for proxy det so skilled users can enjoy it!

Yes I do agree with you, it works nice (ok I would like to see the ring removed) and most of the time it does extremely much damage. I think I just got a bit fed up with heavy magplars just blocking through it, hit a BoL and health is full again. I main a mDK and against oponents like that the burst from meteor is probably the thing I really need.

And to everyone else; I did not want to make it OP, I must admit when reading back my post that I could have done a better job in clarifying my thoughts. It should be blockable, the timing is fine, the damage as well. But I would like to see the ring removed, although many would not agree probably :)