Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: September 30th, 2016"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twilix01 wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I mentioned the chapter thing to someone today @DocFrost72 .. and they said to me "Oh, well maybe the chapters will be for in crown crates!" (I'm hoping I'm kidding people!) ;)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/276967/pts-patch-notes-v2-5-1/

Related to your earlier comment:
    "Upon use, the Grim Harlequin style chapter items are not currently teaching the Grim Harlequin style."

ZOS has acknowledged the chapter items are there, in game, and there was a big associated with them. So they exist, and can (somehow) be obtained in game. The likely thought is the full motif will be available to purchase as it's a limited time item, so ZOS wants to bank on players paying to get it before it's unobtainable.

Why they can't update and clarify their position on that...

Preyfar Tokens to take your werewolf or vampire to max level are in game on the pts. Just because something comes on a template character... doesn't mean much.

True, true. However, template characters on PTS are given full books, not chapters. So I don't believe that chapters of the Grim Harlequin style are limited to template characters.

@Twilix01 but then you would think people would have reported how to get them in game... like players reported getting the hollowjack motif...

I just wish Zos would state if they are exclusive or not, just to stop all this nonsense lol.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim harlequin will be a crown store only motif?? @ZOS_RichLambert So much for your "do no harm" philosophy, feel free to explain if this is a crown store only motif or not, because this and the xp scrolls in the crown crates goes againsts your so called "philosophy"

Well, it does no harm. Since motifs and costumes give no bonuses in game, there is effect in regards to "pay to win".

But a clarification would be nice as to whether or not it is available outside of the crown store.

This DOES do harm. People enjoy this game for different reasons. Some people play for pvp, some for pve, some for a mix and some play because they love crafting and being able to customize their character. If zenimax is going to push out crown store only motifs, then i'm out. So much for non harm. GG

Can I have your stuff?

Can I have your stuff too?
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bwahahaha yall don't know?!?!?!

Everything MIGHT be in the crates.

Yall got yo lottery tickets ready?!?!?!

giphy.gif

****Master Healer...****
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

OMG lmfao. What is this?!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

giphy.gif

OMG lmfao. What is this?!

Near Camlorn, the wayshrine southwest of that. Walk west to eagle's brook, check for an NPC xD
    Edited by DocFrost72 on September 30, 2016 10:39PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too many things I want in this ZOS.

It's like confiscating my money...
  • TheSpin
    TheSpin
    ✭✭✭
    Adornment Style Change = Awesome... will buy if priced similar to hairstyle unlocks (as an aside - I want to change the skin/hair color in the future)

This Motif is one of the coolest I've seen, but motifs cost too much and I'll probably never buy one.

Owl Mask = Cool and different (I hope I can find a toon that it fits)

Horse Mounts = never buying another one because the gallop sound gets on my nerves (I want cats!!)

Also, the polymorphs and personalities might be cool, but I'm guessing they'll cost more than I think they are worth.

Finally, I can see the appeal of the alliance themed items... probably not something for me, but it's a cool idea (though it would be nice if some of this type of stuff was available in-game, even if it was not as nice and flashy as the store stuff)
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad the Zombie Horse is coming back, I wanted to buy it last year but ended up not buying it for some reason and regretted it. I'm not making the same mistake this year! ><
    That damn zombie horse looks cool . I bet it's expensive too dangit .

It was sold for 2 500 crowns last year, I looked on UESP but there is no price there and then I found the price in one of Elloa's video description. :)
    Edited by Neirymn on October 1, 2016 12:21PM
  • Silverado
    Silverado
    ✭✭✭
    Holy balls! I can't wait.
    Ps4 NA Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf 310 CP
    Aldmeri Trading Co Guild

• ObsidianKaesken
    So..... how much is that Zombie Horse going to be?

I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS!

Btw, that video link is broken. Keeps sending me to my Internet provider's web search.
    Edit: Ooooh, I see why it's broken. You put http// instead of http:// to your link so since the colon wasn't in the appropriate spot, it broke.
    Edited by ObsidianKaesken on October 1, 2016 4:00AM
  • Mikazan
    Mikazan
    ✭✭
    Commander personality! And it is not in the crate! I REALY cant wait for it!) My character will finaly look as intended! (realy, "Hero" personality is not bad.. But sometimes character acts... strange...)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    senhavran wrote: »
    It was sold for 2 500 crowns last year, I looked on UESP but there is no price there and then I found the price in one of Elloa's video description. :)
    Fixed! Thanks :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... on the Werewolf Lord Polymorph... is there also a FEMALE version or are we stuck with a sex change if our female characters put it on? And if it IS a male-only polymorph... WHY?

cefd80c20b36624d0ce4ac7dcd4cdda5.jpg

I would have been much happier to just have the outfit he's wearing as a costume. Couple that with a cool werewolf personality and it would be truly awesome.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c7bb549ee267828d983a28246969cc7c.jpg

So close... Now just please go the next step and give us Horse barding like this which will match our GUILD TABARDS! Then also please offer CULTURAL tack for our mounts and let us DYE it.

Things like...

For Redguard:
    Arabian-Horse-Costume.jpg

For Breton:
    fullpressilver.gif
    85a6b410cd25e40bf5b8bf7c6da82488.jpg

For Nord:
    1a3ca8c2d666f169b736d55875a6a516.jpg

For Imperial:
    Tack.jpg

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Where are the hairstyles? This month had no new hairstyles or adornments. = (

THIS. It is still unbelievable to me that they are holding back all those FINISHED hairstyles! And where are new adornments???

• Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    I love that zombie horse I know I'll be getting it!
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, that video link is broken. Keeps sending me to my Internet provider's web search.
    Edit: Ooooh, I see why it's broken. You put http// instead of http:// to your link so since the colon wasn't in the appropriate spot, it broke.

I fixed the link, sorry! :blush:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    senhavran wrote: »
    Fixed! Thanks :)

Oh thank you @Enodoc ! :)
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, maybe you better to fix a lot of LAGS at Cyrodiil instead of drawing any nonsense for sale? I understand that it is an additional income, but at you already have lags even in PvE content like VMA.
    I swear, when u guys fix Cyrodiil lags, i will spend money for subscribtion again and costumes, polymorphs, mounts etc.
    I play about two years and I don't see any positive changes. The excellent combat mechanics with big potential but everything ruined with your server lags. It causes bewilderment.
    Edited by Lokov on October 1, 2016 5:51PM
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian
  • Divil_sp33d
    Divil_sp33d
    ✭✭
    Just another polymorph suggestion is to have something like Dringoth's fiery head or something.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rereleasing things that were only available for a limited time eh? Cool. Guess things aren't exclusive, only seasonal.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: September 30th, 2016.

It's the season for realm pride and for disguises! There's just the right new stock coming to the Crown Store! Preview it in our latest Crown Store Showcase.

20d40e58b9de8a6bd62a7eddb0cbe5a0.jpg

Annnddddddd.... my entertainment budget is gone. Lordy y'all have a lot of nice stuff out this month.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • AndyTGD
    AndyTGD
    ✭✭✭
    Mx13 wrote: »
    ZOS is doing massive free update and a cool free in-game event(free motif included) and people complain about one exclusive crown motif...smh

On-topic:
    I missed the Scarecrow polymorph last time so im happy to have a chance to get it now :)

I think some people need to go play Black Desert for a while and they'll see what unfairly leveraging customization for cash really looks like. I've been critical of ZOS since day one, but they are one of the most reasonable MMORPG makers out there when it comes to their cash shop etc.
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for not making the faction items faction specific, re: war horse, dog, etc. It's little things like that which give me a pleasant experience with the Crown Store. Like the poster above mentioned, if you want to see an egregious Cash Shop check out BDO. TESO's is the best in the business, the best ever imo.

I hope you consider a sale on Crowns this month.
    #DwemerLife
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndyTGD wrote: »
    Mx13 wrote: »
    ZOS is doing massive free update and a cool free in-game event(free motif included) and people complain about one exclusive crown motif...smh

On-topic:
    I missed the Scarecrow polymorph last time so im happy to have a chance to get it now :)

I think some people need to go play Black Desert for a while and they'll see what unfairly leveraging customization for cash really looks like. I've been critical of ZOS since day one, but they are one of the most reasonable MMORPG makers out there when it comes to their cash shop etc.

Yes, and I want them to stay that way.

I am fine with the cash shop in ESO, as it is today. Expensive items, limited time items, these are all good. If people want them, they can buy them. If people don't want them, they don't have to. I can buy what I want. I get to decide whether the price they are asking is worth what I am getting. I might tell them that I think it is too expensive, but it is ultimately their decision. If it is too expensive, I simply don't buy it.

That they constantly push the envelope is annoying. Motifs should be available in the game and in the store. I don't even care if there is a delay, introduce them in both places at the same time. To me, having a cash shop with a consistent policy that can be depended upon every day, every update, is important. Experimenting just makes it appear like they are incrementally working up to making the store more of a cash grab, a hallmark of the cash shop mentality that drives other games.

They have recently introduced this "do no harm" philosophy, which scares the beejebus out of me. It is a catchy jingle that is subject to interpretation, so it ultimately means nothing. To me, the "trust us" shtick does not work when they are constantly experimenting with how close they can get to BDO, without becoming BDO. Icarus.

I think that the ideal cash shop is predictable and conservative, sticks to clearly cosmetic and convenience stuff that remains in harmony with the game and game lore. Once they set out with a policy (motifs), I want them to stick to it. If they say that crafted consumables will be better, I want them to be honestly better. No 'lawyering' or parsing phrases after the fact to justify it. I prefer that the Crown Store convenience and customization not be required, or even strongly recommended, in order to play the game. No honest meta should ever include a Crown Store item. That is what "do no harm" means to me. I just wish I knew what it meant to them.

For all I know, "do no harm" means that no one keys the door on Firor's BMW because of something that happened in the Crown Store. :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on October 2, 2016 1:40PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AndyTGD
    AndyTGD
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and I want them to stay that way. ... That they constantly push the envelope is annoying. Motifs should be available in the game and in the store. I don't even care if there is a delay, introduce them in both places at the same time.

Yep, generally no disagreement there. I guess I'm concerned with the community's propensity for nit-picking and whining over every single update, even if there is very little disagreeable content to it. Or suddenly getting irked over an issue which has existed for a while now. Case in point, folks who complain that a Crown-Only motif would provide an unfair gold income (crafting-wise) over people with the base game. There are already such things in the game as long as there have been DLC packs. You can go buy the Dark Brotherhood DLC and have motifs which are not available in the base game, and even sell them or their mats for a small fortune of in-game gold. The issue is kinda already here, but I don't generally hear folks complaining about it oddly enough.

But you're correct, this is a push further in the wrong direction and I am concerned about what ZOS thinks constitutes being unreasonable. Personally, I'm just waiting for housing to determine their trajectory and then I'll have something to complain or congratulate them about. Until I see something properly scary turning up in the Crown Store, I'm going to assume that ZOS, being a western developer and a huge franchise name, will remain more-or-less reasonable out of self-interest. They know full well that being labelled 'pay to win' etc. is basically the kiss of death and realise how western gamers - their core market - will react to it. They will try to push as close as they can to P2W, but they're more likely to care what their target audience thinks than their smaller, primarily Asian counterparts. Nothing surprises me any more, but I'm just taking a 'wait and see' approach to this and giving the developers the benefit of the doubt. For now, at any rate.
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...Nothing surprises me anymore, but I'm just taking a 'wait and see' approach to this and giving the developers the benefit of the doubt. For now, at any rate.

I think you and Lord Richter make excellent points. And I think there is a direct correlation to the passion with which most ESO fans remain cautious, if optimistic, and the inherent quality of the game.

And on the other hand are those who simply like to complain on message boards. A rational person can tell the difference.

I am certainly concerned about the Crown Crates. Anyone with a decent knowledge of MMORPG history would be. Yet I'm also willing to give the devs the benefit of the doubt.

If they are horrid, I won't buy any. What I won't do is threaten to cancel my sub (just renewed for 6 months yesterday actually), call names, cast aspersions, that sort of nonsense. One must first understand that game devs are just like you and I. They are human beings, and fallible. Like every other person on this planet, they strive for the ideal while still having to live under a roof paid for with practicality.

I have zero, zero, doubt that any of them like the Crown Crates on a player level. But they have bosses as do we all, and when told 'this is the direction we are going in' they have to toe the line or they'll be replaced by someone who will. No one is indispensable. And they can't very well say "Well yeah, these suck, but don't look at me, it was all Mr. Smith's fault!" or whatever the name of their boss is. They have to take the hit.

To date they have operated the very best Cash Store I have ever seen in an MMO, bar none. If that changes I will offer constructive criticism on what I don't like and hope maybe it plants a seed in their ear.

But at the end of the day, ESO is just a game. If you enjoy it, play it, if not then don't.

#DwemerLife
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Case in point, folks who complain that a Crown-Only motif would provide an unfair gold income (crafting-wise) over people with the base game. There are already such things in the game as long as there have been DLC packs. You can go buy the Dark Brotherhood DLC and have motifs which are not available in the base game, and even sell them or their mats for a small fortune of in-game gold. The issue is kinda already here, but I don't generally hear folks complaining about it oddly enough.

It is not the unfair gold income that really concerns me. It is the potential for a CASH to GOLD conduit. I have no idea where Grimtooth comes from. Does anyone know? ZOS silence frequently says that the answer is not a good one, so hopefully someone already knows.

If it, and the Motif, are not available in the game, then we are entering the next step on Marketing's MMO Cash Shops for Dummies train ride. Exclusive cash-only craftable materials, where it is required to spend more cash to make more of the item. Nothing like that exists in the ESO Cash Shop today, that I am aware of. If these items are not BoP, then the CASH to GOLD conduit is established in a strong manner.

One Tamriel shows us that crafting is becoming more secondary and personal, which when coupled with BoP crafting, opens huge doors in the Crown Store for exclusive cash-only crafting stuff.
    But you're correct, this is a push further in the wrong direction and I am concerned about what ZOS thinks constitutes being unreasonable. Personally, I'm just waiting for housing to determine their trajectory and then I'll have something to complain or congratulate them about. Until I see something properly scary turning up in the Crown Store, I'm going to assume that ZOS, being a western developer and a huge franchise name, will remain more-or-less reasonable out of self-interest. They know full well that being labelled 'pay to win' etc. is basically the kiss of death and realise how western gamers - their core market - will react to it. They will try to push as close as they can to P2W, but they're more likely to care what their target audience thinks than their smaller, primarily Asian counterparts. Nothing surprises me any more, but I'm just taking a 'wait and see' approach to this and giving the developers the benefit of the doubt. For now, at any rate.

I prefer to take a "let them know what I think in advance" stance rather than a "wait and see, then complain". Horse. Barn door. All that.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 26, 2018 1:13PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ObsidianKaesken
    Rereleasing things that were only available for a limited time eh? Cool. Guess things aren't exclusive, only seasonal.

Well, technically it is a limited time for October...every year.

A majority of games do returning limited items on a yearly basis because it's part of an event or festival. If you want an official discontinued limited item, then try to obtain one that isn't during a major Holiday or in game event/festival.

Edit:
    Also, for those constantly complaining to ZoS about fixing lags, glitches, bugs, etc. in the game rather than making these vanity items... According to their Wikipedia page, ZoS employed 250 employee's in 2012. I highly DOUBT all 250 employee's are for vanity designing only. I'm pretty sure there's a group for game design, there's a group for programming, and who knows what else kind of groups there are. But, I for one, can say that I honestly do think they DO fix bugs, lags, glitches, etc. I, along with many others, experienced a glitched quest in the game and it stayed like that for MONTHs (for me, according to a Google search, it was glitched for over a year). Their most recent huge maintenance (that caused several hours of downtime), I noticed that they finally had it fixed and I was able to complete the quest. So just because they don't fix ALL the lags, glitches, bugs, etc. at the snap of your finger doesn't mean that they aren't working on it.
    Edited by ObsidianKaesken on October 2, 2016 8:22PM
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    list prices......
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great items comming. I'm a little concerned about that grim harlequin rumour going on (crown store exclusive).
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk