Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: September 30th, 2016"

ZOS_KaiSchober
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: September 30th, 2016.

It's the season for realm pride and for disguises! There's just the right new stock coming to the Crown Store! Preview it in our latest Crown Store Showcase.

20d40e58b9de8a6bd62a7eddb0cbe5a0.jpg

Kai Schober
Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh I love that the Witches will last that long! October 13th to November 1!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is the Grim Harlequin motif going to drop in-game?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...so Grim Harlequin will ONLY be a Crown Store Motif, and not available in-game?

:\
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Palindiil
    Palindiil
    ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping that something from the crown crates would be in here, just to prove that what look like exclusives in the crates, might actually be offered for limited time on the store before being added to the crates...

I suppose I can contain my optimism until this time next month...
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim harlequin will be a crown store only motif?? @ZOS_RichLambert So much for your "do no harm" philosophy, feel free to explain if this is a crown store only motif or not, because this and the xp scrolls in the crown crates goes againsts your so called "philosophy"
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on September 30, 2016 2:43PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Besides alliance-themed mounts which will cost a lot I presume and thus I won't probably afford it, there is nothing I'm interested in...

EDIT: Oh, and selling the alliance rider outfit and the hats separately is just mean and low. What are people supposed to do with only the hats if they don't suit anything but these alliance outfits? I guess it's just another way to milk money from people.
    Edited by Tyrion87 on September 30, 2016 2:51PM
  • gavinp
    gavinp

Very nice Zos! I will be buying a lot of this new stuff, especially the Alliance Mount that looks CRAZY COOL!!! B)
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grim harlequin will be a crown store only motif?? @ZOS_RichLambert So much for your "do no harm" philosophy, feel free to explain if this is a crown store only motif or not, because this and the xp scrolls in the crown crates goes againsts your so called "philosophy"

Well, it does no harm. Since motifs and costumes give no bonuses in game, there is effect in regards to "pay to win".

But a clarification would be nice as to whether or not it is available outside of the crown store.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grim Harlequin motif really Crown Store only? That is highly disappointing. Making motifs a reward from daily quests has been a big success, I think. People like motifs and it makes it easier to find groups and share quests because a lot of players are doing the different quests in an effort to get motifs. If there is no in-game way to get Grim Harlequin motif, I think it will hurt player participation numbers in the Witches Festival.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pricing ?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we have a Vampire Lord morph ?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it does no harm. Since motifs and costumes give no bonuses in game, there is effect in regards to "pay to win".

But a clarification would be nice as to whether or not it is available outside of the crown store.

This DOES do harm. People enjoy this game for different reasons. Some people play for pvp, some for pve, some for a mix and some play because they love crafting and being able to customize their character. If zenimax is going to push out crown store only motifs, then i'm out. So much for non harm. GG
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something interesting; remember when the cake week went live and you had to get the voucher on the crown store? Perhaps, just perhaps, the motif is free during the event, then taken down after?
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Grim Harlequin motif really Crown Store only? That is highly disappointing. Making motifs a reward from daily quests has been a big success, I think. People like motifs and it makes it easier to find groups and share quests because a lot of players are doing the different quests in an effort to get motifs. If there is no in-game way to get Grim Harlequin motif, I think it will hurt player participation numbers in the Witches Festival.

Given that the Hallowjack motif will apparently be dropping from the festival itself in game then I'd guess it won't hurt participation... seems lots of people want to dress their elves as power rangers! ;)

That said I hope we're all jumping to conclusions here... I'm still hoping that Harlequin is available in game too.

Whilst nothing they are doing with the crown store can be considered p2w, the trend of 'gambling boxes' and the potential looming spectre of crown store exclusive motif's is a very shady development & has a very manipulative feel about it that doesn't sit well with me at all.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Something interesting; remember when the cake week went live and you had to get the voucher on the crown store? Perhaps, just perhaps, the motif is free during the event, then taken down after?

Make a motif free then offer it for real money in the crown store? I guess if the motif is hard to acquire in game, then sure but i don't see that happening, zenimax wants to see how far they can push their playerbase before they stop getting money.
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭

Make a motif free then offer it for real money in the crown store? I guess if the motif is hard to acquire in game, then sure but i don't see that happening, zenimax wants to see how far they can push their playerbase before they stop getting money.

I think you misunderstood. What DocFrost means is that, perhaps the Grim Harlequin style is being offered for free while it's up there in the spirit of the Witch's Festival event. If, IF, this is the case, then we can reasonably assume the Frostcaster crown motif found on PTS will be the same deal for the New Life Festival as well.
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice that we are going to get those alliance based costumes and horses. I think that they should have been in the game when it was released. But the fact that the costume and the hat is sold separately, isn't right. I have tested those in PTS and there are not much costumes that the hat would fit without the costume itself. So i really think that this if something would be a cool thing to change. So players should definitely get them both at one price. This is starting to look like that we are heading in a direction here where in the future you need to buy every part of the clothing separately. I will buy the costume if it's sold at one price with the hood, if not, then I'll pass. Other than that, good looking stuff coming up.
    Been playing since betas 2014
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it not make a whole helluva a lot more sense to post the thread as such

It's the season for realm pride and for disguises! There's just the right new stock coming to the Crown Store! Preview it in our latest Crown Store Showcase.

Costumes
    Alliance Rider Outfit
    09114889eabe3ed92e1da27bd92408b8.jpg

This courier's costume features a sharp studded leather doublet displaying your Alliance's color and heraldic symbol. The appearance of the doublet automatically conforms to your character's Alliance affiliation. Ride proudly!

The Alliance Rider Outfit costume will be available for PC/Mac, starting on October 5, and for Xbox One and PlayStation®4, starting on October 18.

Crafting
    Crown Crafting Motif: Grim Harlequin
    8d1edef266a18b0802167ac868f8c21c.jpg

Do you like dark humor, grim but funny? We've got a stylish motif for you! As Chamberlain Haskill explains, “My Lord Sheogorath has directed me to compile a guide for those seeking to create 'Grim Harlequin' arms and armor, so that the Mad God's mortal servants may have a way to make all their equipment look the same. Of course, this standardization runs counter to all other cult practices, and is insane on the face of it. What's your point?"

The Grim Harlequin style will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the Witches Festival, from October 13 to November 1.

Mounts
    Alliance War Horse

c7bb549ee267828d983a28246969cc7c.jpg

Match your mount to your battle outfit with the Alliance War Horse! Mounted knights are both powerful and prestigious, so it's no surprise the Three Alliances compete to breed the strongest and most majestic chargers for their armored cavalries. The appearance of your War Horse automatically matches your character's Alliance.

The Alliance War Horse mount will be available for PC/Mac, starting on October 5, and for Xbox One and PlayStation®4, starting on October 18.

Zombie Horse
    98c597db47c467a39fd35a319cbcdbd5.jpg

Your enemies will recoil in horror when you ride in to battle on a charger from beyond the grave! Mannimarco's Order of the Black Worm must be responsible for the re-animated Zombie Horse, as it was first seen in Cyrodiil as a Worm Anchorite's mount.

The Zombie Horse mount will be available on all platforms for a limited time, from October 27 to November 1.

.....etc....
    I know there's more but just wondering why within the forums there is always a refer to age gate content. When you take the time to post, sure include the link, but a lot of that fits right into the thread with little extra effort.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

IF that's the case...then it should be simple for someone at Zenimax to clarify. @ZOS_KaiSchober I'm going to pick on you since you posted the thread in the first place, and thus presumably have some knowledge on the subject.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That damn zombie horse looks cool . I bet it's expensive too dangit .
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    That damn zombie horse looks cool . I bet it's expensive too dangit .

Was some where around 2.5k-3k last year if i remember correctly..
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This DOES do harm. People enjoy this game for different reasons. Some people play for pvp, some for pve, some for a mix and some play because they love crafting and being able to customize their character. If zenimax is going to push out crown store only motifs, then i'm out. So much for non harm. GG

Can I have your stuff?
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, I think the commander personality will suit one of my characters nicely :). I have a few questions though -

1. Are there any plans to add alliance-themed adornments that we can add to our existing mounts instead of having to buy a new one? Not sure how it'd work but I thought it was worth a try!

2. I know some of the adornments are going to be race specific, but are they all going to be gender specific too? The reason I ask is because females have a type of ear piercing (small gold hoops) I'd like to use on a male character. I asked a guildmate of mine and she said they were gender specific on the PTS, has that changed?

3. This has been asked several times already, but will the Grim Harlequin motif be available in-game as well as in the store?

Thank you for any replies!
    Edited by ListerJMC on September 30, 2016 3:39PM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to list prices for these items?
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish i was at twitch con so i was able to ask them directly what the heck they are thinking with this crap.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS has a relatively narrow view of the game, and so has a relatively narrow view of what can "harm" it.

A lot of players don't play the game only for combat, questing, and the more structured stuff that the developers want people to be doing. They may not measure "harm" in terms of bonuses in the game when it comes to character customization.

Motifs are something that has always been split between Crown Store and game. It would be a significant change if ZOS were to start releasing Crown Store exclusive motifs.

For a player demographic that is increasingly targeted by the Bethesda Marketing Machine, this is something to be concerned about. It is not fun to be a person who likes character customization and play a game knowing that that there are people back at HQ plotting ways to siphon more money out of you. If the Bethesda Marketing Machine is just going to come up with ways to take what was free (motifs) or better (crafted consumables) and change it so that they can extort more money from the players, the game is less fun.

It may not be strictly "pay 2 win"... and I am sure that no one on the Studio side thinks that getting more money from players who like character customization is "harm". It can be harmful when they change the game to drive this.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know if the motif is buy only, that's something I don't like.
    Also the hood loose from the alliance costume is a bit crap guys.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, the Scarecrow polymorph is coming back! My friend uses it and I really dig it. Please be a reasonable price.

Not particularly interested in the other crown offerings, but they're not bad... just not really my thing.

Red Pit Wolf when? In the Crown Store and not Crown Crates :D?

• Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, the Scarecrow polymorph is coming back! My friend uses it and I really dig it. Please be a reasonable price.

Not particularly interested in the other crown offerings, but they're not bad... just not really my thing.

Red Pit Wolf when? In the Crown Store and not Crown Crates :D?

1500-2000 crowns :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now your trusty companion can go to war beside you wearing matching Alliance symbols.
    Except it can't, because pets can't go to Cyrodiil. Right?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp