Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WHY ZOS? WHY MAKE CROWN STORE EXCLUSIVE MOTIFS?!!!

susmitds
susmitds
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/30/crown-store-showcase--september-30th-2016

Crown Crafting Motif: Grim Harlequin

Do you like dark humor, grim but funny? We've got a stylish motif for you! As Chamberlain Haskill explains, “My Lord Sheogorath has directed me to compile a guide for those seeking to create 'Grim Harlequin' arms and armor, so that the Mad God's mortal servants may have a way to make all their equipment look the same. Of course, this standardization runs counter to all other cult practices, and is insane on the face of it. What's your point?"

The Grim Harlequin style will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the Witches Festival, from October 13 to November 1.

With all the costumes, hats, polymorphs, etc, the last non-crownstore style thing we had in the game was crafting motifs. Now, we have the first motif that can't be acquired in-game but can only be bought.
As a player, subscriber and a master crafter, I find this an absolutely detestable turn of events. This kind of blatant cash grabbing can't be more obvious and betrays the very spirit of the game!
I don't have words to say for this. At this rate, everything in the game will eventually be filled with pay-only stuff.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly I don't see the point I mean it's not like it's impacting everyone and if you really like it then go buy it. This style seems fine imo and if they wanna make it crown store only then so be it because I honestly don't care for it.

Now if they were to make the skyrim daedric armor a motif only (since the Xivkyn armor doesn't look anything as dangerous as skyrims did) then I'd be pretty annoyed, so I can see where you're coming from.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$'s that's why. There's actually a discussion in the crown forum about the limited timed items. It's a potent marketing strategy and there will be a lot more suckers that will buy it than there would have been if it was available outside the crown store or not timed.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/30/crown-store-showcase--september-30th-2016

Crown Crafting Motif: Grim Harlequin

Do you like dark humor, grim but funny? We've got a stylish motif for you! As Chamberlain Haskill explains, “My Lord Sheogorath has directed me to compile a guide for those seeking to create 'Grim Harlequin' arms and armor, so that the Mad God's mortal servants may have a way to make all their equipment look the same. Of course, this standardization runs counter to all other cult practices, and is insane on the face of it. What's your point?"

The Grim Harlequin style will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the Witches Festival, from October 13 to November 1.

With all the costumes, hats, polymorphs, etc, the last non-crownstore style thing we had in the game was crafting motifs. Now, we have the first motif that can't be acquired in-game but can only be bought.
    As a player, subscriber and a master crafter, I find this an absolutely detestable turn of events. This kind of blatant cash grabbing can't be more obvious and betrays the very spirit of the game!
    I don't have words to say for this. At this rate, everything in the game will eventually be filled with pay-only stuff.

Oh my... Limited edition motifs... I never actually thought I'd see the day ZOS would implement something like this. I'm definitely curious about the logic behind it, as well as how many players are going to buy it.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No use complaining , they won't change it . People will just yell at you for complaining .
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, zenimax is in full damage control mode, move the discussion away to the least visited forum section, while they completly ignore the 100% legit concerns that people have, @ZOS_RichLambert I hope you are proud of the direction the game is going in, you should work at EA instead, you'd be right up their alley.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on September 30, 2016 3:17PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone confirmed that this style won't be dropping in-game? Maybe there will be page drops during the Witches Festival?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Has anyone confirmed that this style won't be dropping in-game? Maybe there will be page drops during the Witches Festival?

There are Hollowjack drops in the festival and it is listed in-game but Grim Harlequin never dropped in PTS from any source. If it does somewhere, devs should confirm it. On mobile, so can't them properly.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we get a confirmation that this is a crafting motif only available in Crown Store, and does not drop in game?

If you made crafting P2W (which is exactly what this is), you've lost me. Promise.

• alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we get a confirmation that this is a crafting motif only available in Crown Store, and does not drop in game?

If you made crafting P2W (which is exactly what this is), you've lost me. Promise.

Made crafting pay 2 win? How do you win by making armor look different?

I am not saying I like or dislike what they are doing, but let's not call everything pay 2 win.

I think some people have a hard time distinguishing what is pay 2 win and what isn't pay 2 win.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is just another thing that disincentivizes playing the actual game. I've been plugging along grinding out my motif pages with the goal of getting them all someday... welp. Not really interested in chasing completionist goals that require me to whip out my credit card. It's not like the motifs are all that useful without the ability to restyle dropped sets, so whatever I guess.

Note to ZOS, between this and the crown crate debacle, you might be boiling your frogs a bit too quickly. I know I feel like jumping out of the pot more and more each day :(
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great, zenimax is in full damage control mode, move the discussion away to the least visited forum section, while they completly ignore the 100% legit concerns that people have, @ZOS_RichLambert I hope you are proud of the direction the game is going in, you should work at EA instead, you'd be right up their alley.

+1

I wonder why....

Not like it is a topic about ZOS getting players to pay for crafting styles ONLY one way....

WTF is next? CROWN STORE ACHIEVEMENTS!!!

Last straw, im done. Really obvious where ESO is going now....RIP.
    Edited by Troneon on September 30, 2016 4:29PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making motif pages available via in-game activity keeps me playing the game as I always try to do whatever the activity is to get the pages. I'm not opposed to having motifs available in the crown store for purchase. I even bought one myself once (I think it was Xivkyn) when I decided I couldn't be bothered to try to farm it myself, or to try to find pages for sale on guild stores.

Making a motif exclusive to the crown store isn't a good way to keep me interested in playing.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Making motif pages available via in-game activity keeps me playing the game as I always try to do whatever the activity is to get the pages.

^This. I prefer to EARN my Motifs. I don't even like buying them with in-game gold; it's why I'm only halfway to the Akaviri Motif.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Francis_Toliver
    Francis_Toliver
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Um, so offence but WTF are you talking about?!? P2W is a term used to define a game that requires cash payments to succeed in competing on the boards or in PVP. To succeed in end game content. To succeed in mastering the combat the game provides.

How in the world can you jump from that, to the belief that a crafting motif (which is exclusively a vanity object) is P2W? Are you on drugs?!?

Its a Vanity item. It makes your armor look a particular way. It has NO EFFECT on game play.

It is NOT p2w.

It IS exactly the kind of thing that Zos can and should charge cash for. It isn't needed but if people want to spend the extra money to look cool, they can buy it.

What is wrong with you people?!?
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone surprised? I wonder if the trait stones will drop in the game for a limited edition motif.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Embarrassing. This is truly of general interest to the ESOTU community.
    Edited by Idinuse on September 30, 2016 8:07PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is bad news if it's really a Crown Store exclusive. What ever happened to not letting people make in-game gold off of Crown Store items? You know that people will be paying others to craft gear in this style. Not cool!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't buy it , If their sales statistic are low ... this will be the end of EXCLUSIVE crown motif .
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Don't buy it , If their sales statistic are low ... this will be the end of EXCLUSIVE crown motif .

I'm not buying it, but some people are so thankful they're putting anything in the store at all instead of putting it in the crown crates there are sure to be plenty of sales.

Also because this:
    Recremen wrote: »
    Well, this is bad news if it's really a Crown Store exclusive. What ever happened to not letting people make in-game gold off of Crown Store items? You know that people will be paying others to craft gear in this style. Not cool!!

So much gear is going bind on pickup in One Tamriel that people will be looking for other ways to make gold in game now. How convenient this comes along at just the right time.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, complaining about it does nothing. They have zero interest in our thoughts about decisions they make. That being said, I would also like confirmation that this motif will only be available via the crown store. Now would be the time to say so if that is not the case.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh I got it... money. Duh.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

But sadly people will see it as business opportunity.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't be a business opportunity. I can see them selling the style item right, and then describing it with items created with it will automatically be bound to the creators account. No way are they going to let people get it without buying it themselves from the crown store.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    It won't be a business opportunity. I can see them selling the style item right, and then describing it with items created with it will automatically be bound to the creators account. No way are they going to let people get it without buying it themselves from the crown store.
    You can already do this with Crown-bought motifs. They won't limit it.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown-bought motifs are fine if you can also get them in game.

But WTF IS THIS??? IS it serious??? Are there achievements for this?? Are we forced to pay 11k crowns to get 100 achievement points now??
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already said enough on this topic..... ZOS is really hurting their own game. It's still successful, but even with all of these amazing zones/features on their way, you can only become so despicable before the Red flag goes up.

I know many players now who have only recently moved on to other games, seldomly playing ESO to stay detatched should the Crown Crates be a sign for the future of this game.

And Crowns-only motifs? I mean wtf! Totally screwed over the entire Crafter community.

@ZOS_MattFiror
    Why are you trying to kill ESO? The game isn't doing horrible! It's probably doing quite well! But something as petty as making motifs Crown Store exclusive at the same time as Crown Crates releasing....... with big new zones/Spellcrafting being halted for Player Housing (another inevitable Crown Store cash crab) and costumes/mounts getting more expensive by the Quarter...?

It's sapped the fun from ESO that a big portion of your loyal players have felt. You aren't giving us any reason to believe that we should stay because ESO's performance might improve and new content will surface.
    Edited by Vaoh on October 4, 2016 9:23PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Really? A Crown Store thread moved to the Crown Store category is damage control?
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really care about this motif being crown store exclusive but what I do care about is that those who purchase this motif, will they be able to craft this style for others? They would make extreme amounts of gold doing this more so than any other player is able to and without farming a single thing. People who purchase this motif should have all items of this style bound to their account
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A big question on this is where to obtain the material to craft it. If it is a crown store motif it's bad enough, but where will the material be dropped?