Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

12,583 Damage from single non-stealth light attack

• Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Draxys wrote: »
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    You guys forget an important side to this argument. The loss of soft caps, these ridiculous proc builds, no skill 1 mash attacks etc all serve a very important purpose, they keep a large sample of the player base happy.

in my opinion aside from some of just plain silly design aspects, a lot of these changes where implemented to give less power to an individual(aside from burst damage) and give power to the mob.

1vx became a lot harder around the time snipe got a over the top buff. Then all it took was one bad spamming 1 button to really throw a damper into that 1v8 you were crushing(as a mag temp i was now stunned, heal debuffed and being hit like a freight train by someone from beyond my reach)

each change they implement furthers what seems to be an agenda to me. Make each individual as unremarkable as possible.

the recent changes with stamina also feel like a nasty case of "payback is a B"

I remember when my brother was one of the only stamina DK's in the game. At that he was wearing 7/7 heavy(rip Marku) Why did his build not become popular? I will tell you. it was hard to use and situation specific. DK's wanted to wear a skirt and stick and feel invincible, not work for each kill without in a less than optimal set up(fun fact, his char is a DC nord)

back then stam was weak compared to mag, anyone who was around remembers it. somehow I feel like some of the devs played stam and they remember it as well.

Yep. Everything from that point has been empowering the person who puts no effort into figuring out mechanics but wants to be super powerful anyway. It's overleveling the playing field to the point that it takes away from the experiences of the people who actually bother to really know the game.
    The sad part is that Wrobel literally spelled that out in the AMA.
    Our goal is to make a game that is universally fun for everyone. We want players to be able to seamlessly transition between the game modes. without having to memorize how each ability works

So directly put, wrobel wants inept people to be able to be efficient at eso even if they naturally arent susceptible to learning it.

The goal is to put a monkey at the controls and teach him how to hit dawnbreaker after crit rush.

Who needs dawnbreaker when the crit rush procced 3 different 10k hits and insta killed someone?
    Never fear, I have the counter. Just never leave the keep walls anymore. Whenever someone gap closes you, report them for exploiting from your death recap screen. We'll see who's still laughing in the end.

That's a good call, I've always felt gap closing was the biggest issue in this game anyway, way bigger problem than the cheat engine users because they were "small scale" players and needed the buff to fight the zergs.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Draxys wrote: »
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    You guys forget an important side to this argument. The loss of soft caps, these ridiculous proc builds, no skill 1 mash attacks etc all serve a very important purpose, they keep a large sample of the player base happy.

in my opinion aside from some of just plain silly design aspects, a lot of these changes where implemented to give less power to an individual(aside from burst damage) and give power to the mob.

1vx became a lot harder around the time snipe got a over the top buff. Then all it took was one bad spamming 1 button to really throw a damper into that 1v8 you were crushing(as a mag temp i was now stunned, heal debuffed and being hit like a freight train by someone from beyond my reach)

each change they implement furthers what seems to be an agenda to me. Make each individual as unremarkable as possible.

the recent changes with stamina also feel like a nasty case of "payback is a B"

I remember when my brother was one of the only stamina DK's in the game. At that he was wearing 7/7 heavy(rip Marku) Why did his build not become popular? I will tell you. it was hard to use and situation specific. DK's wanted to wear a skirt and stick and feel invincible, not work for each kill without in a less than optimal set up(fun fact, his char is a DC nord)

back then stam was weak compared to mag, anyone who was around remembers it. somehow I feel like some of the devs played stam and they remember it as well.

Yep. Everything from that point has been empowering the person who puts no effort into figuring out mechanics but wants to be super powerful anyway. It's overleveling the playing field to the point that it takes away from the experiences of the people who actually bother to really know the game.
    The sad part is that Wrobel literally spelled that out in the AMA.
    Our goal is to make a game that is universally fun for everyone. We want players to be able to seamlessly transition between the game modes. without having to memorize how each ability works

So directly put, wrobel wants inept people to be able to be efficient at eso even if they naturally arent susceptible to learning it.

The goal is to put a monkey at the controls and teach him how to hit dawnbreaker after crit rush.

Who needs dawnbreaker when the crit rush procced 3 different 10k hits and insta killed someone?
    Never fear, I have the counter. Just never leave the keep walls anymore. Whenever someone gap closes you, report them for exploiting from your death recap screen. We'll see who's still laughing in the end.

That's a good call, I've always felt gap closing was the biggest issue in this game anyway, way bigger problem than the cheat engine users because they were "small scale" players and needed the buff to fight the zergs.
    The term "cheat engine" is so black and white, it's just a post modern construct of our polarized gamer centric discourse. I prefer to call it the "empowerment engine" because it helps reassign self identity and worth back to the individual.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had very strange feelings with veli at Azura pc ic, there i swear i had nothing going on except evil hunter when my veli proced, it did it in fact quite lot, also, caltrops, jabs etc seem to proc it, cant say 100% its true, but damn how often and fast it procs :/
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

Sadly, ESO does not really seem to have any good gameplay designers, which results in uninspired and flat design that does not provide any meaningful depth apart from animation cancelling, something which was not an intended feature and just pure luck.

The future does look bleak.

Completely agree. I see two problems at ZOS. You have one group that is systematically making the game worse and worse every update by turning combat into a gear v gear RNG fest, and then you have another group in a supervisory role that considers that allowable and does nothing to stop or fix it. Even worse those with the power to stop it seemingly encourage it as every update seems to suggest. (not implying anyone in particular because I honestly don't know who to point at for these problems)
    Edited by Armitas on September 29, 2016 1:40PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/uGkCsxeeCUQ?t=2m44s

Go to 2 minutes 45 seconds. 2.1k Poison Injection procs a 470 Creeping Ravage Health and a 636 Ravage Health, which procs a 6.5k Widowmaker, which procs a 3.6k Viper's Sting, which procs a 826 Poisoned. 12,032 instant damage from range, on top of two DOTs and 60% increased resource costs, all from them hitting one button. Proc sets really, really need a rebalancing.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/uGkCsxeeCUQ?t=2m44s

Go to 2 minutes 45 seconds. 2.1k Poison Injection procs a 470 Creeping Ravage Health and a 636 Ravage Health, which procs a 6.5k Widowmaker, which procs a 3.6k Viper's Sting, which procs a 826 Poisoned. 12,032 instant damage from range, on top of two DOTs and 60% increased resource costs, all from them hitting one button. Proc sets really, really need a rebalancing.

The proc rates are pretty disgusting compared to what magicka sets have available.

The only 'fix' I can think of is to make the proc set cooldown global for all sets. One proc effect will set the others on the same six second Cooldown.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Widowmaker can procc on both poisons that you have equipped, say you have drain stamina poison on bow bar, then drain magicka poison on melee bar, both can procc on their own cooldown. They dont share it. (this is what im told my guildies)

PC EU
    PvP only