Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

What do you think of Crown Crates? -- New Poll for PTS Implementation

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative: I have tested the crates, and I do not want this feature to be implemented in the game.
    UrQuan wrote: »
    This poll is still relatively young, but 84% negative and only 1% positive? I don't think I've ever seen such an utter landslide poll on the forums before. And definitely not for a poll that included neutral options. This should tell ZOS something.

Crown Crates are for the 1%, anyway.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Positive: I have tested the crates, and I like the direction this feature is headed.
    Many people who think these as negative compare them to similar things in other games which have been more or less bad. It's sometimes hard to get over that fear even if you are proven wrong, which imo ZOS has done if you test them on pts.
    I too have seen different kinds of lottery/mystery boxes and some were good and some were real bad - ESO boxes are very neutral to me as of now.

Boxes are nothing you need to buy BUT I know most of the haters dislike them for simple reason: There might be something "cool" which they want but simply cannot stand the idea of trying their luck or getting all the junk with it.
    People prefer buying what they want and maybe pay little extra rather than gambling to maybe get it cheaper... but usually end up spending more and getting other (not so desired) stuff with it.
    I perfectly understand this since the 1 hair style (argonian roster thingy) which I've been waiting ever since it was introduced on pts months ago has now been confirmed to be only in the lottery boxes. It gave me mixed up feelings I admit.

If the useless consumables can be converted into gems and they keep on adding good stuff on normal sale too AND keep everything thats somewhat p2w out of Crown Store (like so far) its all OK in my book.

Besides I think the drop rates are ok(ish), I got a lot of stuff when I tested them with my 15k crowns.
    Even got 2 atronach mounts from the same hand (bonus card included), too bad they don't fit any of my characters and its on pts *grins*14480613_1808694282734540_8141794229469546696_o.jpg
    Edited by CirithValaria on September 28, 2016 4:38PM
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Negative: I have tested the crates, and I do not want this feature to be implemented in the game.
    I saw the lions that will be showing up eventually. I was ready to buy more crowns on top of my sub in order to get them. Couple of costumes finally caught my attention, too.

Scrapped the plan to buy more crowns. I am willing to spend 5000 crowns each for the mounts if I have to, in order to buy them outright.

I am not willing to spend $500.00 or more for the guaranteed chance to get 800 poisons, riding lessons I don't need, experience scrolls I won't use, rooster frills for the argonian characters I don't have and won't make, and enough dog pets to field my own hunting pack and a slim to none chance at maybe getting the mount I want. Even slimmer to negative chance to get two mounts I want. I'd have to get many things I don't want added to my account in order to be able to get them a second/third/fourth/fifth or more times to get gems in trade so I can pick out what I want.

Not now. ZOS won't get the extra cash for crowns for the things I actually wanted. I won't gamble for them. They're going to lose my sub too if they go through with making the "consumables" better than what players can craft. I'll probably drop the game, truthfully. The only reason I was interested in this game was tied into the Elder Scrolls series. If that gets killed off by having everything customizable behind the rngesus crates I'll have no issues with dropping the game and going back to my single player games, whether made by Bethesda or not.
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CirithValaria I suggest taking a look at the threads and spreadsheets. You are saying the drops are okay-ish just because you got good drops from a very small sample, and that can mislead people. We have been pooling our drops together and the majority of players didn't get an Apex reward even after over buying 13 crates every day since they were introduced to the PTS.

Myself, I only got over 400 Gems after the 5th day if I am not mistaken 7th day (91 Crates, or 36400 Crowns), and only about five of the rewards I got were above the Superior tier. I only got the bonus card one time, I got a couple of boxes that had no collectible at all. So, overall terrible drops, with a bigger sample than yours.

Edit: Checked my spreadsheet and saw that my results were worse than I remembered.
    Edited by Abeille on September 28, 2016 4:51PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only people that would support such an obvious gambling scam are the people with lots of money that don't mind throwing it away along with the quality of the game they claim to support.

Experience should tell us that the number one reason they are willing to ruin the game gobbling up these greedy gambling crates is the same reason people get suckered into spending $50 bucks on a "limited time only" mount re-skn gimmick just so they can stand around in city hubs like a potato fishing for attention.

They don't care about the health of the game OR the community. This is 100% about rich people with low self esteem wanting to show off something they have that others don't.

To this type ruining the game is an acceptable consequence. They'd burn the game to the ground if they could be "lord of the ashes," to quote Game of Thrones.
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Positive: I have tested the crates, and I like the direction this feature is headed.
    Abeille wrote: »
    @CirithValaria I suggest taking a look at the threads and spreadsheets. You are saying the drops are okay-ish just because you got good drops from a very small sample, and that can mislead people. We have been pooling our drops together and the majority of players didn't get an Apex reward even after over buying 13 crates every day since they were introduced to the PTS.

Myself, I only got over 400 Gems after the 5th day if I am not mistaken, and only about five of the rewards I got were above the Superior tier. I only got the bonus card one time, I got a couple of boxes that had no collectible at all. So, overall terrible drops, with a bigger sample than yours.

Yeah I suppose I've always been one lucky little fox, but getting those gems should be easier when consumables can be converted. I would also boost the duplicate gem return to 50% of the items value. Other than that it's about luck and I got pretty decent luck on most of my draws and 1 very very lucky draw.

@Phinix1 But since these are something none of us are forced to buy, wouldn't you say it's good source of income from those "rich people" so my bad logic says if zos has money then the game will keep on updating and growing? Or do you fear they will build it on only things like the boxes and such? If someone has fancier pony to show off in city, why feeling bad if you don't really want or need one for yourself?
    I personally rather walk anyways =)
    Edited by CirithValaria on September 28, 2016 4:55PM
    Motto:

About me:
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boxes are nothing you need to buy BUT I know most of the haters dislike them for simple reason: There might be something "cool" which they want but simply cannot stand the idea of trying their luck or getting all the junk with it.
    If that was my only issue with them I'd just shrug and say "well, I just won't ever buy them and I'll live with not having whatever cool stuff is exclusive to them". My biggest issue with them isn't the concept (although I don't like that, I can live with it), it's how completely and utterly exploitative they are. Without major changes they're simply unethical.

To (kind of) quote the Simpsons:
    My only major quarrel's
    With ZOS' total lack of morals!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Myself, I only got over 400 Gems after the 5th day if I am not mistaken, and only about five of the rewards I got were above the Superior tier. I only got the bonus card one time, I got a couple of boxes that had no collectible at all. So, overall terrible drops, with a bigger sample than yours.

Yeah I suppose I've always been one lucky little fox, but getting those gems should be easier when consumables can be converted. I would also boost the duplicate gem return to 50% of the items value. Other than that it's about luck and I got pretty decent luck on most of my draws and 1 very very lucky draw.

Boosting the return would be a great start, I agree.
    If we could trade unwanted collectibles that were not repeatable for gems, that would be great too.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negative: I have NOT tested the crates, and I dislike the idea/direction and/or I dislike what I have read.
    I was stocking a large amout of crowns from a sale and from my ESO Plus membership to buy a lot of stuff from the style parlor, personalities, assistants and so on. But now that I know some of these can make up to the crates as exclusive items, I am waiting before buying anything...

In the original poll I voted in favour of the crown crates because I didn't think this was going this direction, I thought that we could get like 1 or 2 exclusive items max and that they will only be mounts but from the PTS it seems like there is a lot more.

The amout of crowns spent to get what we want is ridiculous, the gem conversion is way too low, they might make consumables from the CS more powerful and may put new recipes in game to allow crafters NOT to make better consumables like it used to be but just the exact same consumable at best (If I remember right). I already can't afford every single item I'd like to buy from the CS so I won't waste any of my crowns on these crates.

I have a bad opinion of cash shops in MMO's, but the CS seemed kinda fair in ESO even though I would have loved that they kept the mandatory subscription so we can earn and buy everything or at least most of the CS shinies in game. I still love ESO and the direction it's heading but I dislike more and more the crown store as there is more and more stuff I'd like to have that I can't reasonably afford.

That being said, I won't quit over it and I won't cancel my ESO Plus subscription, I'll just spend less crowns and buy only what's really really really important to me. I watched @MissBizz opening crown crates on youtube (By the way you're awesome, I like your personality, you made me laugh more than once! xD) and I think that it's a fun system but not in this context, I'd rather play cards with Pacrooti just to spend time and not earn anything than waste my real money for a chance to get what I want the most and fill my collectible tabs with trash.
    Edited by Neirymn on September 29, 2016 1:44PM
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @senhavran Jeesh. If you like me in those be sure to watch some different videos where I'm much happier. Must say, I was not expecting the large amount of exclusives (even IF it's just the atro stuff)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative: I have NOT tested the crates, and I dislike the idea/direction and/or I dislike what I have read.
    I have not personally tested, but have talked to several in my guild that have. The drop rates of anything you actually want seem insanely low.

To be frank, I think this type of practice should be illegal. It is predatory, exploitative, and is nothing more than online gambling, pure and simple. It is a cash grab designed to exploit a costumer base that has supported ZOS through thick and thin (lots of thin). It is such a black mark on this game that it chills me to the bones just thinking about it.

I encourage everyone, whether you have money or not, to avoid this system at all costs. I will do nothing good for the overall state of a game that many of us really love.
    Options
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz Oh the crown crates videos didn't made me laugh, it's the Let's play Skyrim blind ones. :) But that's off topic. ^^
    Options
  • noxayloxub17_ESO
    noxayloxub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dazza1968 wrote: »
    From my PoV this has actually lost zenimax income, as I would have purchased 2 storm mounts and the black mane lion as soon as they hit the crown store. I absolutely will not be spending a single crown on the chance on maybe getting 1 in a gamble crate.

Agreed. I am happy to drop 5000 crowns on an awesome limited time offer mount, several times in a month even. But I will be damned if I spend a single dime on gambling boxes full of junk.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral: I have NOT tested the crates, and my feelings are neutral, noncommital, or do not apply.
    JimT722 wrote: »
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I still don't care about them and still think a fool and his (or her) money are soon parted... let those that wish play crate lotto, let those that don't keep their crowns or spend them as they will.

I doubt they will knock on our doors, hold us at gun point and demand we buy crowns and spend them on crates... if they do, I live in Texas where we take the right to keep and bear arms seriously...
    I agree that people are free to do what they wish with their money. However, people who want the cosmetics in these crates shouldn't be ripped off. This is just a horrible way to do business.

Not to mention the effects it will have on future dlc. Are you looking forward to housing with rng ripoff crates in the game? I sure am not.

People know it is not guaranteed to get what they want from the Crown crates.

I don't view this as a ripoff or really even shady or unethical. If you know what you are spending your money on to start with and decide to spend it you can't really claim to of been ripped off as you knew up front what you were spending your money on.

If someone wants to throw their money away with crown crates then so be it. They worked for it or was given to them, if that is what they want then let then have it.

If someone wants what is in the crate bad enough to spend their money for the slight chance of getting that item they want I fail to see why they can't.
    Obviously the current route they were taken was not producing enough cash for whatever reason.

As long as the crates are not mandatory to compete at end game then I could care less what mount someone else has or how they obtained it.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    People know it is not guaranteed to get what they want from the Crown crates.

I don't view this as a ripoff or really even shady or unethical. If you know what you are spending your money on to start with and decide to spend it you can't really claim to of been ripped off as you knew up front what you were spending your money on.
    If the odds of getting different items (or different tiers of items) are published then I can see the argument that it's not shady or unethical. As long as the odds are hidden though, it's completely unethical as it becomes impossible to make an informed decision about whether you're OK with the risk vs reward.

Of course, if they changed the system with gems sufficiently so that you could say "OK, I should be able to get at least X gems per crate, so in a worst case scenario it will take Y crates to be able to buy what I want with gems" then that would also be OK and change it so that it's no longer unethical.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many people who think these as negative compare them to similar things in other games which have been more or less bad. It's sometimes hard to get over that fear even if you are proven wrong, which imo ZOS has done if you test them on pts.
    I too have seen different kinds of lottery/mystery boxes and some were good and some were real bad - ESO boxes are very neutral to me as of now.

People prefer buying what they want and maybe pay little extra rather than gambling to maybe get it cheaper... but usually end up spending more and getting other (not so desired) stuff with it.
    I perfectly understand this since the 1 hair style (argonian roster thingy) which I've been waiting ever since it was introduced on pts months ago has now been confirmed to be only in the lottery boxes. It gave me mixed up feelings I admit.

If the useless consumables can be converted into gems and they keep on adding good stuff on normal sale too AND keep everything thats somewhat p2w out of Crown Store (like so far) its all OK in my book.

Besides I think the drop rates are ok(ish), I got a lot of stuff when I tested them with my 15k crowns.
    Even got 2 atronach mounts from the same hand (bonus card included), too bad they don't fit any of my characters and its on pts *grins*14480613_1808694282734540_8141794229469546696_o.jpg

You have a poor understanding of probability and your chances if you take your lucky hand of cards as a sign the system is okay (ish).
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Allready hated the idea of crates before and having tested even more so.

Best thing would be to scrap the crate idea and make Crown store have a larger selection of items in the process. The selection had only just began to get good when items started strangely "retiring" from the store, to these crates that were in the making as it turns out.
    And Pacrooti could run some sort of a gambling minigame for ingame gold and other rewards.

But if not...
    Only way I could be happy, nay, not as unhappy as now with the existance of these crates would be:

-Only items exlusive to the crates would be strictly "crate theme" related, like the named atronach items now. And preferably "silly shinies" like the atro items indeed are- stuff that maybe should be a bit rare lest Tamriel turn into a disco .
    -If the crates really must have more "non-theme" brand new cosmetic items as filler, those would start being introduced to the crown store for direct purchase some time after their first appearance in the crates.
    -All old "retired" items should be regulary rotated back into the crownstore for direct purchase too.

(...And by new non-atronach theme items I mean stuff like the red wolf and cub, senche cub, wizard hats, belly dancer veil , all the hairs and body markins etc that appeared to be crate exlusive so far. But just please ZOS do not rename them "Red Atronach wolf mount" or "aurbical atronach bodymarkings", "atronach summoners hat" , to fit the theme and leave in crates ;) )

My current opinion of the crates as a whole is so negative that I also think the old exlusive mounts should either be completely taken out of the crates or put back to the store periodically, preferably around the time a new "crate season" begins.
    I really don`t want to be a Pacrooti poster girl when riding my beloved mount :'( .
    Options
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it was nice of @ZOS_DaryaK to just mention "oh, this thread has gotten quite long, we're closing it," without even taking into account the CONTENT of the thread and the votes therein on the old vote thread. So maybe this one will do better. But needless to say, my answer has not changed. I don't want these in the game, EVER, and I hope that the vast majority feel the same. If there is even a chance (hopefully higher than getting something 'epic' from those loot crates) that the devs will listen and stop this idea in its tracks, we'll be just as active in this thread as the other one. 117 pages before the mods closed it, I expect this thread to do better!
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is precisely as bad as we've all been saying for the past weeks (months at this point?), and it is bad for all of the reasons we've gone over dozens of times.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Potentially damaging to the playerbase because people are leaving over this?

Who cares? It generates money.

Potentially damaging to individuals suffering from gambling addiction?

Turns our previous statements about this sort of thing into lies? Betrays the core principles we established when we introduced the crown store?

EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
    Options
  • Esquire1980g_ESO
    Esquire1980g_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Way back in the last thread over these lockboxes, I asked the question, WHY? I even asked if all the people I saw running around were completely F2P and just don't spend their cash. Now, I got this today.

"Hi Jim,

We noticed that you recently cancelled your ESO Plus membership and would like to see if we can tempt you back with a special one-time, buy three months, get one month free offer.

As you probably know, ESO Plus membership comes with the following benefits:
    •Access to all DLC Game Packs as long as ESO Plus membership is current
    •1500 Crowns per 30-day membership to spend in the in-game Crown Store
    •Unlimited use of the Craft Bag
    •A +10% Upgrade to character progression

If you would take us up on this unique offer, simply respond to this email. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

In addition, if there is anything at all we can do to help make your overall ESO experience better, please let us know. We're here to help!

Warm Regards,
    Petyr
    The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited"

I haven't seen this type of stuff since Star Wars Galaxies/SOE went into panic mode. Lockboxes, cash grabs, creating a "shortage" of crown store items via taking them out, FREE month(s) - just please come on back and give us some $, etc etc etc. ROFL, I've seen this EXACT offer coming from Funcom for a game they released in 2000. I would expect it there but not for a 2 year old game.

There's something more going on here besides just corporate greed.

And for ZOS, don't waste your effort on me. I seen what lockboxes do to a game 1st hand. The last month that the wife and I played TESO, we spent about $100.00 (crown sale/subs/etc). Now? I spend that $100.00 on connection(s) for my own servers which runs a AAA MMORPG that is in direct competition with yours. Altho, we/I can't charge for anything to do with that game so there's no subs, no store, and NO lockboxes. EVER! We do that and pay the price, due to the fact that we want a game to play that DOESN'T try this type of cash grab and are that fed-up with AAA studios pulling this type of F2P crap/inciting kids to gamble with parents credit cards.

Edited by Esquire1980g_ESO on September 28, 2016 6:59PM
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭

You have a poor understanding of probability and your chances if you take your lucky hand of cards as a sign the system is okay (ish).

Don't want to be mean by saying this but you have poor understanding of what you read or you read wrong by choice to prove your point. In any case the picture was just example of my best luck and what can be possible, I didn't want to post pictures from my every hand. All in all I found most of them more or less satisfying and therefore it was "ok'ish".

With few changes it can be very acceptable system.
    - Consumables can be converted to gems.
    - Duplicate items giving 50% return of their value in gems.
    -
    Written in good spirit, take it as u will :)
    Motto:

About me:

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    (160CP)
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collected data from multiple players attempts to use the Crown Crates:

Data
    Chance shown is per crate, not per card.

Total crates: 705

Tl;dr version
    Superior: Approx. 5%
    Epic: Approx. 0.7%
    Legendary: Approx. 0.4%
    Apex: Approx. 0.3%
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im willing to bet those Crown Crate Consumables will be turned in for something like 1 Crown Gem. That way theyre being "honest" and giving you what youve asked for but still making it difficult to get the Apex rewards. So youll still be spending close to 300-500 dollars to get to the Apex rewards. Those consumables arent going to make a major difference at the end of the day because youll still be buying a ton of crowns so you can buy the crates.
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way back in the last thread over these lockboxes, I asked the question, WHY? I even asked if all the people I saw running around were completely F2P and just don't spend their cash. Now, I got this today.

"Hi Jim,

We noticed that you recently cancelled your ESO Plus membership and would like to see if we can tempt you back with a special one-time, buy three months, get one month free offer.

If you would take us up on this unique offer, simply respond to this email. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

In addition, if there is anything at all we can do to help make your overall ESO experience better, please let us know. We're here to help!

Warm Regards,
    Petyr

I haven't seen this type of stuff since Star Wars Galaxies/SOE went into panic mode. Lockboxes, cash grabs, creating a "shortage" of crown store items via taking them out, FREE month(s) - just please come on back and give us some $, etc etc etc. ROFL, I've seen this EXACT offer coming from Funcom for a game they released in 2000. I would expect it there but not for a 2 year old game.

And for ZOS, don't waste your effort on me. I seen what lockboxes do to a game 1st hand. The last month that the wife and I played TESO, we spent about $100.00 (crown sale/subs/etc). Now? I spend that $100.00 on connection(s) for my own servers which runs a AAA MMORPG that is in direct competition with yours. Altho, we/I can't charge for anything to do with that game so there's no subs, no store, and NO lockboxes. EVER! We do that and pay the price, due to the fact that we want a game to play that DOESN'T try this type of cash grab and are that fed-up with AAA studios pulling this type of F2P crap/inciting kids to gamble with parents credit cards.

I am pleased to see that jobs in CS that were lost during The Great Christmas Galway Massacre of 2015 are being replaced with jobs in The Whale Retention Department.
    Also, do not be insensitive clod and resub, man. Petyr probably gets only paid if he manages to return a whale back to the herd, he needs your $100.
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...)
    Warm Regards,
    Petyr
    (...)

That's certainly an unfortunate first name for this kind of job lol

You should have asked if his last name is, by any chance, "Baelish".

Meet my characters:

Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im willing to bet those Crown Crate Consumables will be turned in for something like 1 Crown Gem. That way theyre being "honest" and giving you what youve asked for but still making it difficult to get the Apex rewards. So youll still be spending close to 300-500 dollars to get to the Apex rewards. Those consumables arent going to make a major difference at the end of the day because youll still be buying a ton of crowns so you can buy the crates.
    Exactly. This is what it has come to- creating a new trade in value for items in the alternate currency (gems) to the alternate currency they have already created (crowns) to bargain with the players in the hope that players don't notice that they are now paying 2-10 times more money for the item they wanted than they would have paid under the old system. Because the
    players are too grateful that that have the opportunity to obtain it at all after all this.

And that's not just for the apex items. That's even for a hat or a costume. You'd need at least 2 crates to get 5 gems.
    Edited by Slurg on September 28, 2016 7:50PM
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • AmberLaTerra
    AmberLaTerra
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are a game killer, every other major game that has introduced them is seeing massively dropping revenue and on the way to being shut or already shut down.

Being that the only way to make ZOS listen on this is to hit them in the wallet my sub has already been canceled. They have ignored over 150 pages of negative feedback here on the forums after all.

CP 365 Nord DK DPS EP
    CP 365 Imperal DK Stam Tank EP
    Level 9 Imperial Stam Templar EP
    Cp 365 Khajiit Stam Blade EP

For the glory of the Pact
    Options
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭

"Hi Jim,

Warm Regards,
    Petyr

Wow.. if that was a genuine email, I am shocked, and more than a little disgusted.

.... Well, no, I'm not shocked. Not even surprised. Not after seeing all this.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are a game killer, every other major game that has introduced them is seeing massively dropping revenue and on the way to being shut or already shut down.

Being that the only way to make ZOS listen on this is to hit them in the wallet my sub has already been canceled. They have ignored over 150 pages of negative feedback here on the forums after all.

Its never been about keeping a large population with games that have these mechanics. If youve ever worked in retail its not the small purchases they are looking for. Its the "Big Ticket Item" sales theyre looking for. If you worked at Toys R'Us youd be told that what they want is to sell those big Power Wheel toys in the back because theyre "Big Ticket Items". The big purchases are what get them closer to their daily and weekly goals. And the faster they hit them the nicer their quarterly and yearly sales will look.

This is why ESO has Limited Time Offer mounts or special costumes like the Hero Costumes. This is why the Dro m'Athra mount spiked at 4,000 Crowns compared to any other LTO mount that cost almost half of that. These are ESOs Big Ticket Items and when they make them hard to get and limited in its time on the store. It drives up sales on them. Im willing to bet the Dro m'Athra mount was ZOS testing the waters. Trying to see if they could get players to pay a substantial amount of money on an item that would of gone for far less among other exclusive items.

The dont need small purchasing players. They want and need Big Ticket Item purchasing Whales that will fatten their profits.
    Options