The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do something about dungeon quests/Selene's Web

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
I waited for 20 minutes to get Selene's Web today (I think its the pledge, so means I could get a group and get the Skill Point for completing the dungeon - I'm a level 44 so couldn't get the pledge out of it).

Got into group, but I was in combat in the Gold Coast, so couldn't travel for about 20 seconds... by the time I got there, the idiots had already killed the first mob - and the way Selene's Web quest works (or doesn't work most of the time) meant that I couldn't "Contact the Bosmer" for the first part since I wasn't part of killing that first mob...

You guys know that an MMO is meant to be a community friendly thing right? Whereby we play in groups and can enjoy group content???? But you set it up to make it easy to rob players of skill points in this manner etc....

A rethink is required. It's not bad enough that your game already has 100s of bugs and a broken group finder/activity finder - but you have to further stack the odds against us like this???
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, the dungeons need to become much harder again, so people can't just rush in while others are porting :D

But I guess for you to complete the quest, the best would be to try and find some players who will know that you want to do the quest and don't rush ahead. Either by joining a guild that runs dungeons or by finding people in zone chat and telling them to not engage before they have the chance to do so. If you are on PC EU and don't have anyone, I guess I could also help you get the quest done.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe ZOS should add a ward or barrier at the start of each dungeon so that the group cannot proceed until all members are present, and answered "yes" to a Ready check. Another thing that frustrates me is typing in group chat "Hold, quest stuff", and they are off fighting the next group of mobs :)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Maybe ZOS should add a ward or barrier at the start of each dungeon so that the group cannot proceed until all members are present, and answered "yes" to a Ready check. Another thing that frustrates me is typing in group chat "Hold, quest stuff", and they are off fighting the next group of mobs :)
    No, just no. Or do you really always want to stand around useless and wait for that one person who starts sorting out his gear / skills / inventory / ... after joining a group? I mean I don't mind spending much time in a dungeon due to needing more practise on some boss before we can kill it or exploring and roleplaying while we're inside, but I hate that time in the beginning when you just stand there and wait for people who enter unprepared.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... this was a 20 second wait they had... at the most. Because when I got the dungeon (after waiting 20 minutes for it) I was in combat in the gold coast. So I couldn't immediately travel.

Maybe a wait time of 1 minute before mobs can be engaged? That might not be a bad thing... alternatively, change the way the stupid quest works.
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was, is and will always be there that there are players who don't give a f*** on other players.
    In any MMO ever.

However I agree to imbed a "safe guard" for making quest failures impossible.
    Like "killing any dungeons endboss will make the quest complete at all time".
    That'd be nice.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The auto-port from Group Finder disregards combat status. If you accept the port, it'll whisk you away regardless of what you're doing.

Second, once one person in the instance has picked up the dungeon quest, any stragglers can pick it up by accepting the group challenge, and the quest progress will be sync'ed up. So you could show up at the very last boss and still get the entire story quest completion.

So what happened here was that nobody else in the group was doing the dungeon quest, and they got a head start on things. It might be a good idea, next time, to accept the auto-port as soon as the Group Finder pops. Or if you don't, at least say something in chat telling people to wait.

Most people who run these dungeons have run them countless times and they just want that random daily reward at the end (you just have to be inside the instance when the final boss dies--you don't have to be there for any other part of the dungeon nor do you have to be anywhere close to the boss when it happens). I'm usually pretty thrilled if I joined a random dungeon group when they're at the final boss (unless it's a pledge), because it means that I get full credit for doing just a fraction of the work. So unless you specify otherwise, they probably think they're doing you a favor by getting a head start.

A little communication goes a long ways.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The auto-port from Group Finder disregards combat status. If you accept the port, it'll whisk you away regardless of what you're doing.

Second, once one person in the instance has picked up the dungeon quest, any stragglers can pick it up by accepting the group challenge, and the quest progress will be sync'ed up. So you could show up at the very last boss and still get the entire story quest completion.

So what happened here was that nobody else in the group was doing the dungeon quest, and they got a head start on things. It might be a good idea, next time, to accept the auto-port as soon as the Group Finder pops. Or if you don't, at least say something in chat telling people to wait.

Most people who run these dungeons have run them countless times and they just want that random daily reward at the end (you just have to be inside the instance when the final boss dies--you don't have to be there for any other part of the dungeon nor do you have to be anywhere close to the boss when it happens). I'm usually pretty thrilled if I joined a random dungeon group when they're at the final boss (unless it's a pledge), because it means that I get full credit for doing just a fraction of the work. So unless you specify otherwise, they probably think they're doing you a favor by getting a head start.

Sorry but I disagree, it is just plain old fashioned good manners to either wait for someone to port in or kick them and find a replacement if you think they are holding you up. Everyone has access to group/text chat so someone in the dungeon can also initiate contact.

If you choose to use group finder you should have the common decency to wait for everyone to get there. If you want to run the dungeon your way, stay away from group finder.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

Sorry but I disagree, it is just plain old fashioned good manners to either wait for someone to port in or kick them and find a replacement if you think they are holding you up. Everyone has access to group/text chat so someone in the dungeon can also initiate contact.

If you choose to use group finder you should have the common decency to wait for everyone to get there. If you want to run the dungeon your way, stay away from group finder.

I usually wait a little, but most people don't, and all it takes is for one person in the group to charge in. At some point, you need to take matters into your own hands instead of expecting others to psychically know what your needs are. When I was running through dungeons using group finder on a new character that I was leveling recently, I always accepted the port immediately precisely because I know many people will go on ahead, and once when I couldn't, I typed out a quick, "wait, don't start". The responsibility falls as much on you as it does on them.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The auto-port, as you should be aware, ONLY pops up when you are NOT in combat. If you are already in combat, the auto-port doesn't even offer itself as an option until AFTER the combat has ended. THIS was the case ... and I could hardly just stop and text when I'm fighting minotaurs in the gold coast - I'd have died, and therefore taken even LONGER to arrive at the dungeon.

When the auto-port finally popped up I had 30+ seconds before it would have pulled me, but I accepted the very moment it popped up because I was fully aware that this quest is "tentative" in Selene's Web and requires you to follow the steps exactly, or else you fail it... and in the case of Selene's Web, even if someone else was doing the quest - it doesn't automatically move you on in the quest yourself. You HAVE to talk to the Bosmer each time - or else, fail...

I was fully aware of this quest - and I expected the three 531s were too... but they showed absolutely no decency - but I don't blame them entirely, I blame the way that quest works, and the way the dungeons work as a whole.