The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Loot Blocker?

Daraugh
Daraugh
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that Zos is allowing addons that see group loot drops, has anyone found an addon to block the loot snoopers?
May all beings have happiness
May they be free from suffering
May they find the joy that has never known suffering
May they be free from attachment and hatred

Best Answer

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It isn't so simple. ZoS coded the game to have that information viewable. In order to block other people, you'd need to change the code of the game. The addons you refer to are simply reading what the game is broadcasting.

So, unless ZoS develops some statement that this is not what they envisioned, I don't think we'll see much change.
    Answer ✓
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AUI has done this for a long time. It's not new, but it would be nice to hide that info especially with pugs. Nobody wants to be pressured to give up their loot.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group-wide broadcast of loot has been in the game since beta. It's not something that's happening "now"; it's always been there.

And no, there's no way to block it because it is information that is always being sent out. Your game is always receiving information about what your group members loot--it's just that this information is usually ignored and not displayed to you. All that these so-called "snoopers" do is make visible the information that is already there but was previously being ignored.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what if someone sees what drop you get, it's not like they can make you give it to them. And, if your with a group that has someone demanding your shiny and having a hissy fit over it, why are you grouping with them?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers! I wouldn't mind if either everyone or no one had the opportunity to see all loot drops. It's that only people running a specific addon function can see is what bothers me. Why do they feel the need to see what everyone else gets? Nobody has asked me for a drop of mine that I hadn't offered, but I'd rather avoid the situation than allowing it to get to a point where I even have to say no. Then there's that awkward moment where I haven't offered an item to someone, knowing they could use it but I'm also trying to gear alts, but knowing they've seen the item...
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers! I wouldn't mind if either everyone or no one had the opportunity to see all loot drops. It's that only people running a specific addon function can see is what bothers me. Why do they feel the need to see what everyone else gets? Nobody has asked me for a drop of mine that I hadn't offered, but I'd rather avoid the situation than allowing it to get to a point where I even have to say no. Then there's that awkward moment where I haven't offered an item to someone, knowing they could use it but I'm also trying to gear alts, but knowing they've seen the item...

Never feel bad about the loot drop you got. A perfectly reasonable person wouldn't expect you to fork over your drop for nothing. They may ask, but a perfectly reasonable person will hear "no, sorry. I need it." and go on their merry way.

Unreasonable people are always going to be unreasonable, this situation isn't unique in that. Something to help though: offline mode blocks whispers, and if you disband group- blam, instant worry free severing of their annoying behavior.
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not like I do not see your point, but what you are describing sounds to me more like a lack of social competence. It doesnt matter to me, wether other people see my loot. In PVE-guilds its totally acceptable if people want to grow together and its expected that people share their loot, IF THEY DO NOT NEED IT (f.e. anymore).

So there's no reason, why people should expect an item from you they need, if you need or want it yourself. You just have to make that clear. If somebody does not accept this, then HE is the *** and you have no reason to be scared or feel bad in such a situation. And also, if you are playing random (farmruns f.e.) they shouldn't expect anything from you.

So that that addon makes you feel awkward in some situations is not the fault of the addon, but a problem in your mind ;)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like option to see other peoples loot especially in LFM organised dungeons where some new players join. They dont even know they looted something which is very usefull for other player in group and they dont need it. Normally item would be wasted but when someone see it he can ask for it. If You dont want to give it just respond ,,No" in the chat it's not a big deal and whe someone is really annoying use Ignore option.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 23, 2016 3:05PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    So what if someone sees what drop you get, it's not like they can make you give it to them. And, if your with a group that has someone demanding your shiny and having a hissy fit over it, why are you grouping with them?

Im console so were free of this add on, but i have run dungeons with people who have made comments like 'if anyone drops medium divine kena ITS MINE! to which my reply is LOL in ur dreams m8!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Im console so were free of this add on, but i have run dungeons with people who have made comments like 'if anyone drops medium divine kena ITS MINE! to which my reply is LOL in ur dreams m8!

I'll link a pic of mine, make him jelly xP
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

I'll link a pic of mine, make him jelly xP

nah just hit the link item... make the whole group & everyone in all your guild jelly! LOL
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »

Everyone who plays this game knows that RNG favors you one time and craps on you the other time, or rather, other times. I do agree that keeping that shiny knowing someone else wants it can be a weird situation, particularly if you know them or are friends with them. And, even worse, you know they have been looking for it forever.

I have this incredible luck myself of getting the really good helm drops the first time I do a dungeon in a while, but then it falls off to normal where I never see the shiny again. Like, I got a Molag Kena the first time doing a Vet Dungeon Pledge or the Engine Guardian Helm the first time clearing that one (still no shoulders) and then doing SO this weekend, first trial ever, I got the sweet drop from that place. I also know that I can do SO another 50 times and never see that one again. RNG loves to lead me on then dump when I am just starting to feel all warm and fuzzy.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"